PDA

View Full Version : Schuey and NASCAR

OW
02-13-07, 07:01 PM
from http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=176524

If Michael Schumacher wants a ride in NASCAR, Ray Evernham has one waiting for him.

Evernham, who works with German company DaimlerChrysler, has issued an open invitation to the seven-time Formula One champion to give stock car racing a try.

The German driver retired from racing red Ferraris after the 2006 season. Asked recently about Juan Pablo Montoya leaving F1 to drive in NASCAR, Schumacher told The New York Times: "Personally, I wouldn't do it. What do you do in NASCAR? What is exciting there? I can't see that, running around on ovals."
But Evernham would like him to reconsider.

"I'll put him in a red car, a real good car, any time he wants to come over here and try it," he said. "A lot has changed in recent years. These cars are looked on as much more sophisticated than they used to be. I think he'd find them technical enough to keep him happy."

Too funny :D He doesn't even like the oval of Indy....

Cam
02-13-07, 07:05 PM
Ummm.... Yeah! OK Ray. :rolleyes:

rabbit
02-13-07, 07:17 PM
"A lot has changed in recent years. These cars are looked on as much more sophisticated than they used to be. I think he'd find them technical enough to keep him happy."

Yeah, the advances in headlight decal adhesives in recent years has been phenomenal. :gomer:

pchall
02-13-07, 10:26 PM
Yeah, the advances in headlight decal adhesives in recent years has been phenomenal. :gomer:

:rofl:

Not to mention the tremendous advances in duct tape technology.

TrueBrit
02-13-07, 10:42 PM
But on the other hand it would be good fun watching that dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard get some of his own medicine on the high banks of Daytona and 'Dega....

jcollins28
02-13-07, 10:56 PM
But on the other hand it would be good fun watching that dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard get some of his own medicine on the high banks of Daytona and 'Dega....

From how things are going Ray's cars would not be allowed to race at Daytona...

Sean Malone
02-13-07, 11:28 PM
NASCAR thinks that because they are using CAD/CAM to design their tube frame chassis that they are equal to the thoroughbred series.

Keep dreamin' boys.

rosawendel
02-14-07, 07:48 AM
i don't think he could handle the transition from "having a shunt" to "wreckin'".

chop456
02-14-07, 08:00 AM
Michael Jordan has an open invitation to come play one on one with me and my next door neighbor, also. I think he'd be impressed with the great strides we've made in slam dunking since we lowered the rim to 9 feet.

Ray = :gomer:

jonovision_man
02-14-07, 10:00 AM
Unlike JPM, Schuey never had to leave the pinnacle of motorsport... he always had a top ride in a top team, and spent an entire career being at the top of his discipline.

I'd like to see what he can do in other series, but really he has nothing to left to prove... his accomplishments on-track guarantee he will always be considered one of the greatest drivers in history.

Even without NASCAR! :p

jono

TrueBrit
02-14-07, 11:54 AM
his accomplishments on-track guarantee he will always be considered one of the greatest drivers in history.

jono

Except for that whole running into his opponents when he was beaten because he's a dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard' thing, he will....:D

cameraman
02-14-07, 01:10 PM
Picky, picky, picky

:D

Ankf00
02-14-07, 01:32 PM
Michael Jordan has an open invitation to come play one on one with me and my next door neighbor, also. I think he'd be impressed with the great strides we've made in slam dunking since we lowered the rim to 9 feet.

:D

jonovision_man
02-14-07, 02:09 PM
Except for that whole running into his opponents when he was beaten because he's a dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard' thing, he will....:D

I'm not saying he'll have a great reputation. :) Great driver, but as a person he leaves a lot to be desired.

Let he who has not intentionally stopped on-track to screw up his championship rival's qualifying run cast the first stone... :)

jono

Dr. Corkski
02-14-07, 02:58 PM
Michael Jordan has an open invitation to come play one on one with me and my next door neighbor, also. I think he'd be impressed with the great strides we've made in slam dunking since we lowered the rim to 9 feet.White people don't dunk. :gomer:

chop456
02-14-07, 03:07 PM
Perhaps you've never heard of Will Perdue.

Dr. Corkski
02-14-07, 03:15 PM
Bill Wennington was way better.

rabbit
02-14-07, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEyOAqy1Bog

"Bird dunks?!"

NismoZ
02-14-07, 04:41 PM
"All I know is I get 6 fouls and I use 'em all!"-Will Perdue:thumbup:

extramundane
02-14-07, 05:23 PM
Clearly Schumacher hasn't yet consulted The Oracle of Parma. Once he does, he'll realize the error of his ways and take up Evernham's offer. :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
02-14-07, 05:49 PM
What's Schumi afraid of? :gomer:

oddlycalm
02-14-07, 07:47 PM
from Evernham, who works with German company DaimlerChrysler Yo chucklehead, time to be thinking about Plan B for your own personal self. Once Benz dumps Chrysler your own retirement may happen real sudden like. :\

oc

stroker
02-15-07, 04:10 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing The Chin in a WOO car sometime...

Ruben Barrios
02-15-07, 08:44 PM
Sean he is afraid of being hurt by an idiot with a dream... Very much why no professional athelete risks his physyque playing with underpar sundaythletes...

Methanolandbrats
02-16-07, 01:19 AM
Who would have guessed the two village idiots would show up in one thread?

NismoZ
02-16-07, 05:40 PM
Hey!:saywhat: It takes an idiot to build a village!

NismoZ
02-16-07, 05:44 PM
Hey!:saywhat: It takes a couple of village idiots to build a thread!

NismoZ
02-16-07, 05:45 PM
OK, 3.:gomer: