PDA

View Full Version : Twin Turbo Ford GT

nrc
02-12-07, 11:28 PM
A friend linked this. Twin Turbo GT pegs the dynometer. I don't condone street racing, but I do condone awesome cars. :eek:

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/turbo+gt/1/8ab30017-0583-40aa-92d0-988200006f07.htm (May contain some "Holy *****")

ferrarigod
02-12-07, 11:40 PM
holy shittake :thumbup:

SteveH
02-13-07, 12:44 AM
That is incredible. Amazing that its stock except for the turbos.

racermike
02-13-07, 12:45 AM
Nice ... very nice!

Andrew Longman
02-13-07, 10:46 AM
1012 hp?!?!

The 100-175 time is shocking!

Need to work more on getting that power to the street before getting a bigger motor though.

Rather they keep it on the track too. I really wouldn't want to be on that interstate when these yahoos come up on me at 175

Wheel-Nut
02-13-07, 11:26 AM
I'll have to show this to our IT guy, he has a 900hp Supra. These cars are insane!!

KLang
02-13-07, 11:29 AM
I'll have to show this to our IT guy, he has a 900hp Supra. These cars are insane!!

What the heck does one do with a 900hp Supra?

I must be getting old. :(

Ankf00
02-13-07, 11:32 AM

I was thinking the same thing, so I wouldn't go that far... yet ;)

Wheel-Nut
02-13-07, 11:37 AM

I don't know, I suspect street race. Aren't you out in Katy? That's where he lives.

KLang
02-13-07, 12:25 PM
I don't know, I suspect street race. Aren't you out in Katy? That's where he lives.

A little farther west. I imagine most street racing happens at night and we don't come into town at night very much. I'll keep an eye open for it anyway.

I street raced a couple times when I was in high school. Scared me and my passengers half to death. I think if I'd had access to 900-1000 HP I wouldn't have survived.

Sean Malone
02-13-07, 12:49 PM
Neat car. Twin Turbos are always fun.

The video needed less hard dicks stroking each other and more car.

I wonder how the stock engine will last under that pressure. Did they ever say how much boost they are using to get over 1000hp? I'd be surprised if they aren't dialling that down for the street. They are having hook up problems too because of a tire issue. They'll need to sort that out before doing any real racing. They also need someone who can handle 1000hp.

The guy is an idiot for racing that car for a measly $1000.

I'd like to see him take on a 1000hp Hennessey Viper.

G.
02-13-07, 01:00 PM
At the end of the vid, did he get beat??:eek:

I don't speak strret shizzle.

Awesome car. This is apparently what they mean when they say "the car needs more mechanical grip".

Stock. Wow.

(off to buy lottery tix)

chop456
02-13-07, 01:28 PM
That last :gomer: with the " 'Busa" needs to hit a bridge support with it.

Ankf00
02-13-07, 01:32 PM
A little farther west. I imagine most street racing happens at night and we don't come into town at night very much. I'll keep an eye open for it anyway.

I street raced a couple times when I was in high school. Scared me and my passengers half to death. I think if I'd had access to 900-1000 HP I wouldn't have survived.

I think some of it goes on out at beltway and westheimer, or at least it did back when I lived in town. My buddy and his gf saw a moto guy racing down westheimer in front of House of Pie supposedly, hit a pedestrian, pedestrian flew backwards into a street sign post and died. You'll see these tools hanging around parking lots on westheimer outside of 610 at night, then they'll all saddle up and head further out when it's time.

ferrarigod
02-13-07, 02:09 PM

She caught the Katy, left me a mule to ride . . . . and a 900hp Supra to ride. :p

oddlycalm
02-13-07, 03:37 PM
Personally I'd not want to goober up a GT40, but it's his money.

What isn't his right is to drive like a suicidal idiot with other cars on the road and in populated areas. :thumdown: Racing a Hayabusa in traffic is grounds for a beat down and a trip to jail IMO. Same thing as firing a weapon in a populated area.

Over the years I've done more than my share of fast driving with powerful machinery on public roads, but not in populated areas and not when uninvolved vehicles were present.

If this jagoff wants to test his skill and his car, as opposed to showing off for his slackjawed buddies, he might want to enter the Silver State Classic and see if he can do it for a 100 miles...

oc

Sean Malone
02-13-07, 03:45 PM

What isn't his right is to drive like a suicidal idiot with other cars on the road and in populated areas. :thumdown: Racing a Hayabusa in traffic is grounds for a beat down and a trip to jail IMO. Same thing as firing a weapon in a populated area.

Over the years I've done more than my share of fast driving with powerful machinery on public roads, but not in populated areas and not when uninvolved vehicles were present.

If this jagoff wants to test his skill and his car, as opposed to showing off for his slackjawed buddies, he might want to enter the Silver State Classic and see if he can do it for a 100 miles...

oc

He doesn't have the talent or the balls. He just wants to fly in from Miami to have a team of car nerds throw dyno numbers at him while he flashes more money around and blips the gas in front of the gurls.

He's a wanna be.

Gangrel
02-14-07, 09:25 AM

oc

I second. Care is pretty, and they got her running real nice, but I am not cool with this guy doing the stuff he was doing on public roads during daylight hours with traffic and in residential areas. If he wants to off himself, he can do it at a dragstrip or on a rural or industrial road somewhere, preferably at night. I hope this vid is used as evidence when the authorities do bring this guy in.

Sorry, but I've already been nearly killed by someone else's stupidity on the road. Don't like seeing people take that chance with other peoples' lives.