PDA

View Full Version : Houston test

KLang
02-12-07, 11:49 AM
Live timing is up. :)

Too bad they can't hook up a web cam.

Edit:

Legge still with Coyne plus Wirth running as well.
Servia with RuSPORT.
Doornbos with Minardi.
Philippe with Conquest.

Wheel-Nut
02-12-07, 12:59 PM
In the rain as well. Nasty day ahead for the teams.

Spicoli
02-12-07, 01:08 PM
Live timing is up. :)

Too bad they can't hook up a web cam.

Edit:

Legge still with Coyne plus Wirth running as well.
Servia with RuSPORT.
Doornbos with Minardi.
Philippe with Conquest.

Good to see Wirth there.

KLang
02-12-07, 01:28 PM
In the rain as well. Nasty day ahead those teams.

Yep. Supposed to improve tomorrow.

Glad to see Philippe out there but I would really have liked to see him back with HVM. They were doing pretty well last year. Perhaps it isn't a done deal yet.

pchall
02-12-07, 08:17 PM
Boss the Knob seems to be licking his own as usual...

KLang
02-13-07, 10:42 AM
Cars on the track again and live timing is up.

Bruno out in a backup Coynemobile.

Wheel-Nut
02-13-07, 11:08 AM
Very windy today, 16 mph gusting to 23 out of the NNW with a bluebird sky and lots of sunshine. Wish i was down there.

KLang
02-13-07, 11:26 AM
Very windy today, 16 mph gusting to 23 out of the NNW with a bluebird sky and lots of sunshine. Wish i was down there.

I would have taken a day off and gone down if I thought I could get in. I really don't understand why these things are closed to fans. :confused: Insurance I suppose?

Wheel-Nut
02-13-07, 11:40 AM
I suppose. Red flag right now. Simon P. in P1 . . .

Turn7
02-13-07, 12:35 PM
A little video of the day's activities:

http://www.khou.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=120560&catId=221

KLang
02-13-07, 12:35 PM
Power at the top for the moment. Pagenaud in third. Team Aussie seems to like their new cars.

And so far Servia is quicker then Wilson.

KLang
02-13-07, 12:55 PM
That didn't last long. Rahal at the top now with SB second.

KLang
02-13-07, 05:36 PM
And Bruno takes the Coynemobile to the top of the charts with a 1:10.7

Neel Jani in 2nd with a 1:10.8

Wheel-Nut
02-13-07, 07:00 PM
Will Powwer back on top. Wasn't it Power who was running into everything last year?

GLenz
02-13-07, 07:16 PM
Will Powwer back on top. Wasn't it Power who was running into everything last year?Dan Clarke. Although Team Aussie tore up a lot of stuff, the drivers had a lot of help (brake failure, PT, etc.)

Wheel-Nut
02-13-07, 07:30 PM
That's right, Dan Clarke. Thanks

Wheel-Nut
02-14-07, 03:52 PM
Here's a cool pic from yesterday.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2007/By800/20070213P_0005.jpg

G.
02-14-07, 04:58 PM
Here's a cool pic from yesterday.
That's Kat's car!

Somehow, I feel all dirty for seeing it that way.

(cool pic!)

indyfan31
02-14-07, 05:07 PM
Ok techies, what does that shock in the middle do?

rabbit
02-14-07, 05:11 PM

This can only go wrong...

Wabbit
02-14-07, 05:22 PM

Energy absorbtion from a front end hit?

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night :D

rosawendel
02-14-07, 05:28 PM
That's Kat's car!

Somehow, I feel all dirty for seeing it that way.

(cool pic!)

i'd hit it.:thumbup:

rabbit
02-14-07, 06:12 PM
i'd hit it.:thumbup:
Like this?

http://www.deepthrottle.com/Photo/toronto05/tor05_c_tracy_wingless.jpg

Al Czervik
02-14-07, 11:44 PM

The anti anti-roll bar. It only comes into play when both wheels at that end are moving in the same direction. Helps control ride height. The best I can do in less than 50 words.

pchall
02-15-07, 12:09 AM
The anti anti-roll bar. It only comes into play when both wheels at that end are moving in the same direction. Helps control ride height. The best I can do in less than 50 words.

In other words, that's a damper that produces anti-squat forces during acceleration? Does it also provide anti-dive under braking or is there yet another third damper in the front suspension these days?

indyfan31
02-15-07, 02:29 AM
Comedy AND valuable info, all in one thread. thanks all. :thumbup:

Ziggy
02-15-07, 08:25 AM
it is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,going well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fear not, I spoke with Paul myself,,,,,,,,,,,,, we are soon to announce a sponsor package second to none. Some of you wish to dwell on the negative. I find this a boorish behaviour. You dont know what goes on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,behind the scenes.

Nelsons Dad is going to sponser the first race, then Gerry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then if Paul can figure out a way to screw someone out of their money,,,,,,,,,,,,,he will do the third

Im,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,special,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but being a fan as long as I have,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :thumdown:

Al Czervik
02-15-07, 09:46 AM
In other words, that's a damper that produces anti-squat forces during acceleration? Does it also provide anti-dive under braking or is there yet another third damper in the front suspension these days?

Don't know if there's one on the front or not. Some cars in the past have had them. Basically, it provides control for pitch motions (such as accel, braking) vs. an anti-roll bar that provides control for yaw motions.

NismoZ
02-15-07, 09:49 AM
Rahal is saying his P-2 time came without use of PtP and is very pleased with that, knowing most others used it. He also notes a comparison to the earlier test there in the Lola saying the '01 "is faster on many parts of the track" and it will "get faster and faster." Any speculation on where the Lola may have been faster? Straight line?

Wheel-Nut
02-15-07, 10:35 AM
it is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,going well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fear not, I spoke with Paul myself,,,,,,,,,,,,, we are soon to announce a sponsor package second to none. Some of you wish to dwell on the negative. I find this a boorish behaviour. You dont know what goes on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,behind the scenes.

Nelsons Dad is going to sponser the first race, then Gerry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then if Paul can figure out a way to screw someone out of their money,,,,,,,,,,,,,he will do the third

Im,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,special,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but being a fan as long as I have,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :thumdown:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2007/By800/20070213P_0039.jpg

Easy
02-15-07, 11:17 AM
Forward and backward acceleration of the chassis are controlled by the 4 shocks which are each adjustable 3 ways. Rebound and compression are the first adjustments to play with for reducing or increasing "squat".

grungex
02-15-07, 12:29 PM
Don't know if there's one on the front or not. Some cars in the past have had them. Basically, it provides control for pitch motions (such as accel, braking) vs. an anti-roll bar that provides control for yaw motions.

IIRC they got rid of the front one, or at least the spring.

pchall
02-15-07, 02:52 PM

Just another change in terminology that I've not adopted then. Squat and dive are pitch motion terms for oldsters like me. ;)