PDA

View Full Version : Help.......getting my photos off my phone

JohnHKart
02-10-07, 10:28 PM
I can't get my pics onto my computer. I've plugged in a usb cable to my phone, turned on bluetooth but Windows XP service pack 2 doesn't see my V3 Motorola I bought back in August. Maybe I need to buy some software. I'm getting nowhere. Ive powered on the bluetooth, turned on discovery, followed the instructions in the manual but am getting nowhere. Thanks.

John

dcracer
02-10-07, 11:24 PM
Personally I use Motorola Phone Tools and a USB cable. I use the File Transfer Studio in the Multimedia Studio section. Its pretty much a click and drag function. The software also had a number of other functions as well.

http://direct.motorola.com/ens/MPT/MPT_Feature.asp

That a basic run down of its features. Hope it is of some help.

RHR_Fan
02-11-07, 12:51 AM
Personally I use Motorola Phone Tools and a USB cable. I use the File Transfer Studio in the Multimedia Studio section. Its pretty much a click and drag function. The software also had a number of other functions as well.

http://direct.motorola.com/ens/MPT/MPT_Feature.asp

That a basic run down of its features. Hope it is of some help.

Nice to see you around here stranger. :)

~Nicole

SteveH
02-11-07, 12:56 AM
I'm pretty sure you have to use Motorola Phone Tools to transfer pictures. You can bluetooth them to another phone but not to a PC. I just tried bluetoothing a picture to my laptop but the phone would not discover the laptop. However when I go to bluetooth connections, I can find the laptop. If you have email set up on your phone you can email them, but setting up email on a V3 isn't easy to so. I asked how to do it on Comcast's forum and someone copied his settings. Made no sense to me, but they worked.

MPT isn't abad program. If you're into ringtones you can edit MP3s and create your own.

Lizzerd
02-11-07, 03:48 AM
The pics I take on my phone that I want to keep, I email to myself from my phone.

nissan gtp
02-11-07, 09:16 AM
I just got a Verizon V3m and have been wondering the same thing. Bad for me, looks like the Verizon flash disables many of the phone's features. :mad:

Oh well, it seems to be a good phone.

Cam
02-11-07, 11:45 AM
I just got a Verizon V3m and have been wondering the same thing. Bad for me, looks like the Verizon flash disables many of the phone's features. :mad:

Oh well, it seems to be a good phone.

Yeah Verizon cripples the bluetooth funtionality so that it can only be used with a headset. I wanted to send a ringtone from my phone (Cingular) to a friends phone (Verizon) but the Verizon phone would not allow the pairing. Mine works with just about anything. Stupid on Verizons part.

JohnHKart
02-11-07, 07:29 PM
Thanks very much for the help folks. Looks like it's going to be the phonetools. I will gave this a shot tonight. Otherwise I'm calling Make it Work. My phone is totally filled up with pics.

John

RichK
02-12-07, 12:37 PM
My V3m came with an SD memory card adaptor. I pull the tiny 64Mb card out of the back of the phone, into the adaptor, then plug that into my laptop to download pictures.

JohnHKart
02-12-07, 06:02 PM
Got the phone tools and everything is fine now am getting the pics onto my computer. I feel deja vu, because at work people always ask us how they can get their songs off their keyboard onto their PC and the answer is the same, they have to buy software to do it, unfortunately they usually have to be played in real time. Thanks again for the help everybody.

JH

JLMannin
02-12-07, 06:25 PM
The link to this forum (http://mark.cdmaforums.com) has all the instructions you need to unlock all the features on the V3M that Verizon has locked out, such as Bluetooth object transfer, transfer from the phone's memory to the micro-SD and vice-versa (handy for getting music to the phone), and other features like the Moto vibe-then-ring feature (not sure why Verizon axed this???) and some of the free ringtones that come with the phone but are disabled.

Just make sure you read very carefully how to proceed. I hacked our two V3M's and had no problems at all.

nissan gtp
02-12-07, 08:26 PM
The link to this forum (http://mark.cdmaforums.com) has all the instructions you need to unlock all the features on the V3M that Verizon has locked out, such as Bluetooth object transfer, transfer from the phone's memory to the micro-SD and vice-versa (handy for getting music to the phone), and other features like the Moto vibe-then-ring feature (not sure why Verizon axed this???) and some of the free ringtones that come with the phone but are disabled.

Just make sure you read very carefully how to proceed. I hacked our two V3M's and had no problems at all.

thanks I've been reading about it.