PDA

View Full Version : Marco Back To Jerez

NismoZ
02-02-07, 04:33 PM
On Feb. 7-8 in Jerez for a second "more comprehensive" look. Button and Klien will be busy with the new RA107 chassis so Marco gets full attention in a 106. I believe there is little doubt now this is more than the "guest rides" Honda has given it's other series drivers in the past. Marco isn't looking for a reward, he wants a ride...someday.:)

trauma1
02-02-07, 05:19 PM
still means he's got to go to gp2 or CC for a year or 2

pchall
02-02-07, 08:27 PM
Every year wasted in the IRL puts him just that much further behind the curve. If Marco ever gets into an F1 race after letting his daddy chart his career he'll look as stupid as Mikey. He should have been in the Renault World Series last year and getting ready for GP2 this season. Of course, he'd probably have gotten his @$$ handed to him by the likes of Pastor Maldonado&etc. and come home crying.

NismoZ
02-02-07, 09:45 PM
I don't think so but I agree with the first part of your statement. The League can't add enough road courses fast enough to do him any good. Mario was hanging out in the N/H pits long after Michael left and it sure wasn't just for fun. Grampa's plan was obviously overruled.

Cam
02-07-07, 02:45 PM
BWAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Pos Driver Team Time Laps

01. Massa Ferrari 1:19.746 46
02. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:19.821 109
03. Kubica BMW-Sauber 1:19.839 96
04. Alonso McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.046 101
13. Button Honda 1:20.751 100
14. Zonta Renault 1:20.767 86
15. Trulli Toyota 1:20.898 80
16. Andretti Honda 1:22.151 74

GOFAST1
02-07-07, 03:19 PM
Like father like son.

diamond dave
02-07-07, 03:39 PM
can't believe I'm going to defend an Andretti:irked:
but did you know he was driving last years car

NismoZ
02-07-07, 05:04 PM
Geez, Mr. Button was only 13th, in the new car. Relax haters.

GOFAST1
02-07-07, 06:08 PM
No hate here just a fact.He sucks!

Methanolandbrats
02-07-07, 11:36 PM
Marco is 3rd gen spawn. Worse yet, he's a blend of whining Mike and that retarded hat designer. Those drippings are far removed from grandaddy. We'll see if he's quick if he ever emerges from the protective cover of family cash.

Ziggy
02-07-07, 11:42 PM
NismoZ

One thing you can not forget, an IRL is alot like a truck

Do you think a season of Semi racing in New Zealand would do him any good?

The IRL is a nothing formula. Foot to the floor and luck that your not in somebody else's accident are all that are required. Do you actually believe this young Hondretti went as far on a load of fuel @ Sonoma last year? Do you think that running well in the IRL equals talent?

He may be headed to F1, but it aint because he was a leading light in the Earl

just ask Buddy Rice:eek:

B3RACER1a
02-08-07, 12:06 AM
This kid is what, 19 or 20? While i may not be a fan of Micheal, I think his kid has talent. He needs to be in something that developes that. Just because you dont like his dad (and you have every right to, believe me), the kid stands a fair shot.

pchall
02-08-07, 07:02 AM
... but did you know he was driving last years car

Shouldn't driving last year's fully sorted and well understood chassis be something of an advantage over Button shaking down the new one?

Spicoli
02-08-07, 08:21 AM
This kid is what, 19 or 20? While i may not be a fan of Micheal, I think his kid has talent. He needs to be in something that developes that. Just because you dont like his dad (and you have every right to, believe me), the kid stands a fair shot.

Not me. **** him. **** his momma, **** his daddy, and **** the AGR team, and **** the EARL.

NismoZ
02-08-07, 11:15 AM
Have to disagree with so much of what is being said here, from "family cash" to the expert science on gene pool. The European ancestry, family race history and the Honda connection render the family cash unnecessary. I certainly didn't need the lecture about League shortcomings. That has been a huge disappointment for many, including Grampa I'm sure. It is too easy to pile on at this point and be so smug in your assessments. My hope is that the bum steer in direction his career has taken thus far won't have too adverse an effect on a 19 yr. old. It's only a maybe that he'd have been better off with a season in Atlantics and then into ChampCar. (which is exactly what I was hoping to see!) We'll have Graham Rahal to look at to see how that works out. I am well aware I'm in the minority here but I wish him well. In a time when everyone from karters to ex-F-1 winners want to win the Daytona 500 I find it refreshingly old-fashioned that an American is trying to win a world championship. I support Marco Andretti.

RusH
02-08-07, 11:32 AM
03. Kubica BMW-Sauber 1:19.839 96

Forget Marco, it`s the year of Kubicamania

:gomer:

NismoZ
02-08-07, 02:02 PM
Marco slowest again on day 2, in the wet. Good luck getting another test in '07.:rolleyes: I'll check back in a couple of years.

diamond dave
02-08-07, 03:05 PM
Shouldn't driving last year's fully sorted and well understood chassis be something of an advantage over Button shaking down the new one?

meh, I'm sure Tony Blair Jr(Button) has more time in the new car than Marco in the old. Button does have more time at the track(s). Again not defending him just pointing out things that'd be brought up in defense of one of "our favorite drivers".
do I think he's ready for F1 - hell no. do I think the earl is a good training ground for him - absolutely not. the sooner he gets out of the league and over in Europe the better for him if he wants a shot a F1. which imo is 2-3 years away

Ziggy
02-08-07, 08:00 PM
I need no education either bucky

Just because you run at the front in the Earl does not equate to talent. His IPS "career" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Dude is a stone cold unproven talent.

IRL to F1 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pchall
02-08-07, 08:11 PM
Leading times (February 8) - Jerez:

1. Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber-BMW 1min 29.486secs 35 laps
2. Alex Wurz Williams-Toyota 1min 30.051secs 69 laps
3. Timo Glock BMW Sauber-BMW 1min 30.213secs 27 laps
4. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari-Ferrari 1min 30.628secs 89 laps
5. Rubens Barrichello Honda-Honda 1min 30.684secs 64 laps
6. Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1min 30.684secs 47 laps
7. Felipe Massa Ferrari-Ferrari 1min 30.746secs 43 laps
8. Jarno Trulli Toyota-Toyota 1min 30.981secs 89 laps
9. Franck Montagny Toyota-Toyota 1min 31.027secs 75 laps
10. David Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 1min 31.166secs 65 laps
11. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1min 31.405secs 68 laps
12. Pedro de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes 1min 31.479secs 70 laps
13. Fernando Alonso McLaren-Mercedes 1min 31.573secs 9 laps
14. Marco Andretti Honda-Honda 1min 32.387secs 62 laps
15. Ricardo Zonta Renault-Renault No time
16. Nelson Piquet Jr Renault-Renault No time

Track conditions: Rain and damp conditions throughout the day. Track temperatures max. 16.8° Celsius and ambient temperatures max. 17.9° Celsius.

For comparison, Button last February on the third day:

4.- Jenson Button (Honda) 1.17.990

Methanolandbrats
02-08-07, 11:59 PM
Have to disagree with so much of what is being said here, from "family cash" to the expert science on gene pool. The European ancestry, family race history and the Honda connection render the family cash unnecessary. I certainly didn't need the lecture about League shortcomings. That has been a huge disappointment for many, including Grampa I'm sure. It is too easy to pile on at this point and be so smug in your assessments. My hope is that the bum steer in direction his career has taken thus far won't have too adverse an effect on a 19 yr. old. It's only a maybe that he'd have been better off with a season in Atlantics and then into ChampCar. (which is exactly what I was hoping to see!) We'll have Graham Rahal to look at to see how that works out. I am well aware I'm in the minority here but I wish him well. In a time when everyone from karters to ex-F-1 winners want to win the Daytona 500 I find it refreshingly old-fashioned that an American is trying to win a world championship. I support Marco Andretti.

Pennsylvania is not in Europe. Honda = Family Cash. Family Race History is irrelevant.

cameraman
02-09-07, 02:23 AM
Shouldn't driving last year's fully sorted and well understood chassis be something of an advantage over Button shaking down the new one?When has an F1 Honda ever been even close to being "fully sorted" or "well understood".

pchall
02-09-07, 08:49 AM
When has an F1 Honda ever been even close to being "fully sorted" or "well understood".

Button, last year at Jerez February, evidently had a pretty good handle on the same model chassis Andretti was driving this week. [see above]

NismoZ
02-09-07, 03:28 PM
Disagree. Pennsylvania is irrelevant, Honda cash is not Andretti family cash and the family history is the only reason he's there. (and I'm not speaking of Michael)

Ziggy
02-09-07, 06:05 PM
which way to the bicycle store?

what are you saying? Do you think he has talent? F1 talent? F1 talent without an apprenticeship?

be specific, cause were starting to think your goofy:D

eiregosod
02-12-07, 04:40 PM
The concensus amongst the team owners/team prinicpals is that any decent driver can drive OK in an F1 car and be quick on the first few laps. Marco is only a few seconds off the pace. That cdon't count for anything these days.