PDA

View Full Version : For DaveL.

mapguy
04-26-03, 11:07 AM
Larry Foyt had to take a provisional at Fontana. He will start 42nd. The only two who didn't qualify were Kerry Earnhardt and Hideo Fukuyama.

I thought he ran out of provisonals a while ago?

DaveL
04-26-03, 11:22 AM
I don't think one of those provisionals counted against his total because only 43 cars showed up for one of the races. But I was asking that same question myself. A team can take only so many provisionals before they have to...ya know...actually qualify for a race on speed, something that Larry has done only once (35th-whoopee) this year.

Fontana is a nice wide track where passing is relatively easy. Larry will be able to give the real drivers plenty of room to lap him and the real drivers needn't worry about getting hung up behind him.

On a related NASCAR qualifying note, rumor has it that NASCAR will just let Matt Kenseth line up 25th each week and skip qualifying altogether given that's where he always ends up (plus or minus a spot or two).

Hot Rod Otis
04-26-03, 03:11 PM
Hey Dave, since you're OC's Larry Foyt expert. In your opinio, who do you think has LESS talent, Larry or IV? IMO there ain't a dimes worth a difference between the 2 of 'em. Its kinda like asking which pro sports franchise is the most ineptly run, the Cincinnati Bengals or the Los Angeles Clippers.:laugh:

cart7
04-26-03, 03:58 PM
What?? Foyt out of provisionals??? :eek:

Egads, there goes 99% of our Nascar topics on this side of the board.

The other 1% are safety related, but when there is no safety, what is there to talk about?

Oh. I forgot. Jimmy Spencer. :gomer: :laugh:

DaveL
04-26-03, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Hot Rod Otis
Hey Dave, since you're OC's Larry Foyt expert. In your opinio, who do you think has LESS talent, Larry or IV? IMO there ain't a dimes worth a difference between the 2 of 'em.

Once a driver gets a below a certain amount of talent, it no longer makes a difference. A backmarker in over his head is a backmarker in over his head. At least Larry doesn't wreck or cause any, which is more that could be said for IV.

Its kinda like asking which pro sports franchise is the most ineptly run, the Cincinnati Bengals or the Los Angeles Clippers.:laugh: [/B]

Pretty much. It is quite an accomplishment to manage to have the worst team in each chosen form of the sport. Kudos to AJ for pulling it off.

Racewriter
04-26-03, 07:32 PM
Larry Foyt and AJ IV would get spanked in any decent Saturday night late model feature. I'm talking weekly, not even a regional touring series.

Hink
04-26-03, 10:15 PM
Well then they'd get spanked twice a Saturday night - once on the track and once by the old man.

Railbird
04-26-03, 10:39 PM
IMO

IV's problems lie right on the Portly Texan's shoulders.

This kid should still be in FC growing up.

rabbit
04-26-03, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
IMO

IV's problems lie right on the Portly Texan's shoulders.

This kid should still be in FC growing up. Bingo

Railbird
04-26-03, 11:15 PM
of course then there's Larry

He apparently just sucks.

DaveL
04-26-03, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
of course then there's Larry

He apparently just sucks.

"Apparently"???

Joe in LA
04-27-03, 02:25 PM
Given IV's performance this year, it makes you wonder how bad the other guys in IPS series are--IV slaughtered them last year.

Racewriter
04-27-03, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Joe in LA
Given IV's performance this year, it makes you wonder how bad the other guys in IPS series are--IV slaughtered them last year.

Why do you have to wonder? Other than Fike and Carpenter, none of the drivers in IPS had won any races of any significance. But the real issue with IPS is the fact that it's full throttle droning all the time. There's little opportunity for the driver to make much of a difference at all. The championship was the Foyt team title, not necessarily AJ IV.

pchall
04-27-03, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
Why do you have to wonder? ... The championship was the Foyt team title, not necessarily AJ IV.

Ol' AJ sure knows how to cheat in openwheel at any level.

devilmaster
04-27-03, 05:05 PM
Guess i'll offer the update....

Larry is 36th, last of the cars still on the track......

Steve

cart7
04-27-03, 07:05 PM
Update to the update.

Crunched metal.