PDA

View Full Version : "[Gordon] Will be in the Hospital..."

racer2c
04-26-03, 09:09 AM
"I'll be there that Wednesday, and I'll qualify the car, because [Gordon] will be in the hospital by then," John Andretti said.

Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/6038/)

:rofl:

mapguy
04-26-03, 09:38 AM
:rofl: :thumbup:

Railbird
04-26-03, 09:43 AM
Those Andretti family reunions must be real love fests.

DaveL
04-26-03, 11:24 AM
Nice to see there's no bitterness in the Andretti family.

cart7
04-26-03, 11:55 AM
Sorry John, but even if neither one of you had had any experience in an OW car in the last 9 years, I would still pick Robby over you.

You're just not that good.

devilmaster
04-26-03, 12:33 PM
Apparently, Robby wasn't the first choice also.....

http://www.crash.net/news_detail.asp?championship_id=12&news_id=63683&language_id=

Rubens?!?

Steve

Racewriter
04-26-03, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by cart7
Sorry John, but even if neither one of you had had any experience in an OW car in the last 9 years, I would still pick Robby over you.

You're just not that good.

And Robby is? I'm hard pressed to think of any big time driver that's done less with more than Robby Gordon.

rabbit
04-26-03, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
I'm hard pressed to think of any big time driver that's done less with more than Robby Gordon. Paul Tracy.

cart7
04-26-03, 08:25 PM
originally posted by Racewriter
And Robby is? I'm hard pressed to think of any big time driver that's done less with more than Robby Gordon.

I wish Robby had grown up at some point. I think he would have been one hell of a OW driver and a multi winning one at that. His big mouth is what trashed his OW days. Although, I liked his open,honest assesments. :laugh:

I want a charger at Indy, Robby has done pretty good there the last few years considering he's been doing the double. John on the other hand had a fairly lackluster Cart career and equally so in Cup. Forget the fact he's wasted many years at Petty. He should have seen the handwriting on the wall there years ago and moved.

RaceChic
04-26-03, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
Apparently, Robby wasn't the first choice also.....
Rubens?!?

Now THAT would have been someone to cheer for!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cam
04-26-03, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Now THAT would have been someone to cheer for!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Chins whipping boy??? ppphhhttt.... :rolleyes: Pipe dream by MA..... He had to know there was not a snowballs chance...... I think this is just more PR grabbing BS by AGR.... :shakehead

RTKar
04-27-03, 12:39 AM
Less with more?..........What about Andretti the Lesser?, Newmann-Haas a gifted father, a talent in his own right and what? one CART championship and no 500 wins. He was certainly gifted himself but did not always use his brains when the car wasn't their for him.

Racewriter
04-27-03, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by rabbit
Paul Tracy.

I'm no Tracy fan by any means. But PT's achievements dwarf Robby's.

RaceChic
04-27-03, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Cam
The Chins whipping boy??? ppphhhttt.... :rolleyes: Pipe dream by MA..... He had to know there was not a snowballs chance...... I think this is just more PR grabbing BS by AGR.... :shakehead

Rubens is NOT The Chin in my book. Not even close........:D :) :D :)

rabbit
04-27-03, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
I'm no Tracy fan by any means. But PT's achievements dwarf Robby's. True, but so have his opportunities....
Six years with Penske,
Five with Green,
and one with Newman/Haas for good measure.

I am a PT fan, but he has had the best possible equipment his entire career - spanning more than a decade - and has just 19 wins and has never won the championship.

Gordon drove for Foyt, Walker, and Menard. :saywhat: If that isn't a group of underachieving team owners then I don't know what is. And he won two races with Walker.

Granted as a team owner, I would take Tracy over Gordon in a heartbeat. But when the topic of drivers doing less with more comes up, Tracy's name has to be included in the conversation.

Kate
04-28-03, 07:30 AM
I remember hearing Derrick Walker's exasperated shout over the radio to Robby Gordon "We are trying to run a race here and we don't have time to listen to your complaints!"

But my vote for "Does Least with Most" has to go to Mikey, who even wasted a shot at F1 by putting other things ahead of his racing. Under his hair he probably has a tattoo that says "It's just BIDNESS." He has never failed to make the wrong choice or blame the other guy for it. I can't wait to hear him explain why his drivers are sidelined and he can't even get Memo Gidley to drive for him, and his own car DNFs on Lap 10 -- I'm sure it will be the fault of Chris Pook somehow ...

Hot Rod Otis
04-28-03, 07:43 AM
I gotta go with Mikey as the biggest under-achiever. The Andretti gene pool, best equipment, for the most part, a team built around him. All he managed was 1 C^RT title, no Indy500 wins and a squandered F1 chance.

As for Robby Gordon vs. PT. I'd take PT. Both can be a pain in the @ss, but IMO, Gordon is the bigger pain-in-the-@ss. At least with PT, you know what he wants to do, race open-wheel, C^RT. With Gordon, you never knew. One year its C^RT, next year its NASCAR, then its C^RT again, then NASCAR with Indy thrown in, then back to NASCAR. I got the feeling the Robby was always more interested in his next deal, his next ride or adventure, than he was in the current job at hand.