PDA

View Full Version : New Terminal In Toronto

TravelGal
01-29-07, 03:15 PM
From today's E-News. Written by a Canadian.

Toronto's new Terminal 1's Pier F opens tonight at midnight. It's the new international wing and a much needed extension for future travel. The GTAA sees it as a new hub for international travel as more and more travellers want to avoid changing planes or even landing in the US because of the security situation. The new Pier F has the largest duty free store, the fastest moving sidewalk, a bigger customs hall, more remote check-in terminals, more baggage carousels. Two gates will accommodate the new double-decker Airbus A380. It is almost a kilometer from the parking garage to the end of the pier and it could take as long as a 1/2 hour or more to reach a gate. The moving sidewalk is three times faster than normal walking speed. On entering you start off at a leisurely stroll and then it speeds up and goes back to a leisurely stroll at the end. Terminal 3 will continue to handle some US and International flights, including most charter flights but most international flights will be handled in Pier F. The Customs hall is one of the biggest in North America and between them staff can speak 60 languages. The pier has its own power plant and everything is run by computer. Lets hope there are no computer crashes here. There is a US zone in the pier where passengers will check-in, clear US customs and security and there is a satellite Canadian customs area to clear transiting passengers.

devilmaster
01-29-07, 03:27 PM
Its been a while since I strolled through Pearson, but I was a semi-regular when I was with the navy...

I think this new one replaces old terminal 2.... guess 'Bar 80' is no more.... :( ;)

Winston Wolfe
01-30-07, 02:33 AM
but they still get to keep the 'YYZ' for the name of the airport right ?

-greatest Rush song live - :thumbup:

TravelGal
01-30-07, 05:52 PM
YYZ it is. It's just a "sophisticated" new terminal, not a new airport so no need for a different identifier.

Reminds me, I've always wondered Y all Canadian airports start with Y.

Ankf00
01-30-07, 06:14 PM
Why ask Y? Why not ask Z? Or X? You know, D has feelings, maybe D would like to be asked as well. [/Mitch]

Gnam
01-30-07, 06:25 PM
Reminds me, I've always wondered Y all Canadian airports start with Y.
'cause 'EH' is two letters.

"Xylophone is spelled with an X. It should be a Z. Xylophone ZZZ X, I don't ******ng see it. Next time you spell Xylophone, spell it with a Z. If someone tells you that's wrong, say "no it ain't." If you think that that's wrong then you need to get your head Z-Rayed. It's like X didn't have enough to do so they had to promise it more. "Okay, you won't start a lot of words, but you will have a co-starring role in Tic-Tac-Toe. And you will be equated with hugs and kisses. And you will 'mark the spot.' And you will make writing 'Christmas' easier. And you will incidentally start 'xylophone.' Are you happy now, you ****ing X?"

Twisty Bits
01-30-07, 11:48 PM
I'll give the full report in a month as I will be flying out of there in 5 weeks, but first, I will be spending the night in the Sheraton that's located right in Terminal 3. PUMPED!!!

devilmaster
01-31-07, 02:04 AM
We can get you to YYZ via YEG if you leave YYC by bus....