PDA

View Full Version : Champ Car in HD?!

formulaben
01-28-07, 03:14 PM
http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/01/27/espn-plans-most-advanced-hd-coverage-for-nascar-in-2007/

The taxicabs are set for the "most advanced" HD coverage next year. Is there any hope that the Mouse will show our beloved Champ Cars in HD...anyone?:rolleyes:

nissan gtp
01-28-07, 03:25 PM
I've heard nothing to indicate HD for Champ Car :cry:

KLang
01-28-07, 03:57 PM
Has Champ Car announced if they are hiring out the production again this year? If so it might be more up to Champ Car then the mouse.

I would love to see it. Miss the HDNet days.

formulaben
01-28-07, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=KLang;184326]Has Champ Car announced if they are hiring out the production again this year? If so it might be more up to Champ Car then the mouse.

I would love to see it. Miss the HDNet days.[/QUOTE

That's right, I forgot they had a part in this. Hopefully CC pulls the HD trigger. I really wish they would bring back Linger Productions. They were the best, IMHO. Too bad I missed the HDNet telecasts.

Insomniac
01-28-07, 04:46 PM
Has Champ Car announced if they are hiring out the production again this year? If so it might be more up to Champ Car then the mouse.

I would love to see it. Miss the HDNet days.

CC is still going to be involved in the production? I figured ESPN would be making all those decisions.

Insomniac
01-28-07, 04:47 PM
That's right, I forgot they had a part in this. Hopefully CC pulls the HD trigger. I really wish they would bring back Linger Productions. They were the best, IMHO. Too bad I missed the HDNet telecasts.

I think the IRL is/was using the Linger Group.

KLang
01-28-07, 05:40 PM
CC is still going to be involved in the production? I figured ESPN would be making all those decisions.

I don't know. I don't recall the announcement saying one way or the other and haven't seen anything else since. It might still be up to Champ Car this year. Aren't we still having races on CBS and NBC this year?

JoeBob
01-28-07, 06:17 PM
I think the IRL is/was using the Linger Group.

IMS Productions has always (and continues to) handle production for the IRL. They've gotten some consulting from Ligner, but IMS has always been responsible for paying the production bills, and thus uses their own trucks and people.

Insomniac
01-28-07, 08:09 PM
IMS Productions has always (and continues to) handle production for the IRL. They've gotten some consulting from Ligner, but IMS has always been responsible for paying the production bills, and thus uses their own trucks and people.

Ohhhh, okay. I recall seeing the Linger Group credited in the closing credits/copyright thing. Didn't surprise me at the time, I mean, IRL doing what CC did, what's new?

Insomniac
01-28-07, 08:11 PM
I don't know. I don't recall the announcement saying one way or the other and haven't seen anything else since. It might still be up to Champ Car this year. Aren't we still having races on CBS and NBC this year?

I'm not sure either. Maybe CC has a say in it, but I think they'd be smart to let ESPN handle it. I thought they were all ESPN starting in 2007 and they'd gradually get some more on ABC as time went on. I think if ESPN is handling it, there won't be HD. CC will get the old trucks. Was the Indy 500 in HD last year?

formulaben
01-28-07, 08:17 PM
I seem to recall the '07 number as being 11 races for the Mouse (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2) and the rest of the races going to NBC, CBS, and SPEED. I had also thought that '08 and on was all Mouse...but my mind lies to me sometimes.

Ziggy
01-28-07, 11:17 PM
Kiddies, I think it quite wishfull at this point in time to get an 11 pm time slot;)

Cam
01-28-07, 11:26 PM
Kiddies, I think it quite wishfull at this point in time to get an 11 pm time slot;)

Channelling!!! Cooooooolllllll!!!!!!!! :D