PDA

View Full Version : DCR, Kate & Bruno

NismoZ
01-26-07, 09:06 PM
Nothing yet but the quotes at Autosport have Bruno saying he'd have been P-1 for the weekend on new tires and it sounds like Legge would sign up right now if given an offer. They were both very pleased. DCR, the biggest happy surprise of the test.:thumbup: (ask Bruno why drivers take hope and a helmet to tests...hope he doesn't have to wait 'til April 6th to get an offer!) I wonder, do unsigned drivers also take a molded seat with them:confused:

Insomniac
01-26-07, 09:26 PM
I wonder, do unsigned drivers also take a molded seat with them:confused:

I'd say yes unless their previous owner wanted to be an a-hole.

grungex
01-26-07, 11:39 PM
If they don't have a team how do they get a molded seat for the DP01?

cameraman
01-27-07, 12:48 AM
Did CCWS make them for everybody this fall?
Here's your seat, you're set to test anywhere?

pchall
01-27-07, 09:04 AM

Lots of foam and black duct tape.

The way Legge and Junkie drove during the test, Dale should actually offer to sign contracts instead of just shake hands. But the way some of the press comments read, other teams are already talking to both of them and Dale will wind up with the leavings again. :(

Insomniac
01-27-07, 10:34 AM

Ohhh yeah, Lola seats probably wouldn't fit. :)

NismoZ
01-27-07, 11:09 AM
I've had the feeling for awhile that the main reason DCR signs last/latest is because he HAS to wait 'til things shake out with the other teams then he's paid to take who the bosses think should be kept around. Silly perhaps but a guy like Bruno would rather drive for Coyne than nobody and if he does I'll be pulling for him. Kate too but as you say I think some others have already talked to both.

G.
01-27-07, 03:00 PM
If Kate get with a ****ty team, we'll lose all of our "girl-cred", al la the earl.

apex
01-27-07, 03:37 PM
If Kate get with a ****ty team, we'll lose all of our "girl-cred", al la the earl.

Kate needs to be on a team that jells around her. That wasn't the case last year where there were some descenders amongst the ranks. If that team is DCR than she should do everything to sign with them. It appeared the rapport she had with the DCR engineers and support people was very good at the sebring test.