PDA

View Full Version : New Team (Part 22)

SurfaceUnits
01-26-07, 06:31 PM
What's more, a well-respected figure within the series was at Sebring doing due-diligence for a group of investors who have every intention of fielding a team this year, if not for the season opener then for later in the season with an eye towards being fully ready for '08. Who might it be and why would investors be looking at going racing, are they needing a tax write off?

apex
01-26-07, 07:17 PM
Who might it be and why would investors be looking at going racing, are they needing a tax write off?

"a well-respected figure within the series..."?

I want to know who that Champcar well-respected figure is since most people are guessing at names that are not officially associated with champcar but from the CART days! Phillips says it is someone currently in the series.

diamond dave
01-26-07, 07:36 PM
^ I believe he's including the feeder series

SurfaceUnits
01-26-07, 07:46 PM
That statement is some what confusing: Is it someone outside the series who is respected by those within the series? And why would someone already in the series need to be doing "due-diligence"

apex
01-26-07, 07:52 PM
I suspect DD is right and that this respected person is probably in atlantics. But Phillip's sure left the door wide open to interpretation...probably purposely!:rolleyes:

NismoZ
01-26-07, 08:52 PM
Probably Polestar. They just saw how fast Legge went in a Coyne car and figured they could do that!