PDA

View Full Version : Diecast Collectors (A&T Livery q)

Rogue Leader
01-26-07, 01:01 AM
I have a 1/18 JPS Senna Lotus and the factory rear wing decal dried out and fell off today. It doesn't have tobacco livery but I figured now would be as good a time as any to add it. Anyone know where I can find decal kits to do it, are they out there?

Ziggy
01-26-07, 06:59 AM
Solv-O-Set

get some

Rogue Leader
01-26-07, 08:46 AM
Solv-O-Set

get some

I looked it up but this car was already decaled when I got it. However when I replace the decals I will use that.

rosawendel
01-26-07, 09:23 AM
toronto motorsports has a number of kits. most of the ones i saw were of more recent vintage, but they may be able to direct you to someone...

chop456
01-26-07, 11:53 AM
Paint it freehand. If the end result looks like a 4-year old did it, post pics. Maybe you'll get a hard card out of the deal.

Sean O'Gorman
01-26-07, 01:00 PM
:rofl:

Warlock!
01-26-07, 01:15 PM
Sweet Jesus, Chop! :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
01-26-07, 01:32 PM
:laugh:

G.
01-26-07, 01:57 PM
I just ****ing choked on my GD sammich, you bastard!

:rofl:

Don Quixote
01-26-07, 02:09 PM
:rofl: :rofl: OMG!

rosawendel
01-26-07, 02:16 PM
:eek: wow, that's harsh.

cameraman
01-26-07, 03:32 PM
truth hurts

grungex
01-26-07, 03:36 PM
TFF...

skaven
01-26-07, 04:52 PM
Now that is funny... :rofl:

Racing Truth
01-26-07, 05:11 PM
chop= BEST POST EVAR

:laugh: :laugh: :rofl:

Ziggy
01-26-07, 09:28 PM
There out there, and Sol-O-Set will work if you still have the old decal. This is not rocket science.

There is a top secret model sealer................. and I spent years figuring it out. Finally got sick of my custom slot cars getting chipped and started using it. Turns out everyone that does decent model building uses it (and I have been modeling for almost 35 years)

Future Floor Wax. Works great, you can brush it on or shoot it out of a airbrush. It will seal in damn near anything (including dalmation and cat hair:D )

You can also find a product called "mighty tacky". Get some of that, and dilute it with distilled water. Make it very, very thin. Brush it on, then re-apply the decal. It dries clear, and sticks like glue (duh bel you)

The Camal decals are out there, but it's a goofy scale (for goofy diecast collectors would be my guess) Dont know about the John Player decals, but I would imagine if you dug around long enough you could find some.

No charge for the tips, and remember, diecasts are for nerds:yuck:

Rogue Leader
01-27-07, 01:57 AM
There out there, and Sol-O-Set will work if you still have the old decal. This is not rocket science.

There is a top secret model sealer................. and I spent years figuring it out. Finally got sick of my custom slot cars getting chipped and started using it. Turns out everyone that does decent model building uses it (and I have been modeling for almost 35 years)

Future Floor Wax. Works great, you can brush it on or shoot it out of a airbrush. It will seal in damn near anything (including dalmation and cat hair:D )

You can also find a product called "mighty tacky". Get some of that, and dilute it with distilled water. Make it very, very thin. Brush it on, then re-apply the decal. It dries clear, and sticks like glue (duh bel you)

The Camal decals are out there, but it's a goofy scale (for goofy diecast collectors would be my guess) Dont know about the John Player decals, but I would imagine if you dug around long enough you could find some.

No charge for the tips, and remember, diecasts are for nerds:yuck:

Haha thanks....

Unfortunately the original decal disintegrated as well so its gone :(