PDA

View Full Version : The World's Fastest Indian

pchall
01-24-07, 11:53 PM
I just finished watching Anthony Hopkins in Roger Donaldson's film about Burt Munro and his trek from New Zealand to Bonneville with his ancient Indian motorcyle. If you haven't seen this flick I recommend it highly.

It makes me think that the only way to make a motorsports film is to base it on real people and real events. If the Kiwis can make a film about Bruce McLaren certainly there must be someone in the US who can make a film about Phil Hill and Dan Gurney coming out of Southern California hot rodding into sportscar racing in the 50s and then finding themselves driving for Ferrari in Europe. The story would finish with Hill's WDC at Monza in 1961. That would be a heck of a movie. :)

ChampcarShark
01-25-07, 05:06 PM
what about a champcar movie, startin paul Newman, and KK???

mapguy
01-25-07, 05:23 PM
Did ank get a WRX?

http://www.post-trib.com/news/168882,Speed.article

oddlycalm
01-25-07, 05:49 PM
Agreed, a fine film effort. The key to any film is the audience caring about the characters. Having a good script and Sir Anthony Hopkins helps a lot in that regard....;) If this had been a Hollywood script and a US production imagine the dialogue, casting and bombast....:gomer:

I agree that a Phil Hill or Dan Gurney film could be potentially very successful if done equally well. I think another good topic would be dirt track rider Kenny Roberts winning the FIM world title by sliding around the best road racers in the world with someone like Barry Pepper playing Roberts perhaps. :thumbup:

oc

B3RACER1a
01-25-07, 06:03 PM
That movie is one of my favorites.