PDA

View Full Version : KartExpo 2007 - Feb 24/25 *New Location*

devilmaster
01-24-07, 03:47 AM
Hey to all the Chicago OCites....

Looks like we'll be making the trek once again to KartExpo.

New venue this time, its at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center in Schaumburg.

If you're planning on going to the show, or perhaps would like to meet up for some beers or possible karting action, leave a post or PM me.....

http://www.e-kmi.com/KartExpo/KartExpoUpdate.cfm

http://www.meet-schaumburg.com/

Badger
01-25-07, 12:31 AM
I typically go every year but I'm not sure which day I'll be going. Might need to hide from my current engine builder if I switch for next season though.

devilmaster
01-25-07, 12:44 AM
paging RTKar, RTKar to the thread please.

Linda
01-25-07, 01:15 AM
Devilmaster don't forget your pass port. USA as of today have to have it to get in.
Just incase you did'nt know.:D

devilmaster
01-25-07, 02:46 AM
Devilmaster don't forget your pass port. USA as of today have to have it to get in.
Just incase you did'nt know.:D

Not flyin. :) Even if I was flyin, I'd fly out of Detroit and still not need the passport. Passports aren't needed for car checkpoints until next year sometime.

Already tried it too, as I went over to a Detroit brewpub with a friend Tuesday. Birth cert and driver's license worked like a charm, again.... http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gif

Ankf00
01-25-07, 11:26 AM
Already tried it too, as I went over to a Detroit brewpub with a friend Tuesday. Birth cert and driver's license worked like a charm, again.... http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gif

US Border Patrol is overpaid :shakehead

Warlock!
01-25-07, 12:31 PM
For hotels, enter Schaumburg, IL into Hotwire. Lotsa nice hotels for $40-$100 come up over in that area. Just an FYI.

G.
01-25-07, 01:13 PM

New venue this time, its at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center in Schaumburg.

If you're planning on going to the show, or perhaps would like to meet up for some beers or possible karting action, leave a post or PM me.....

http://www.meet-schaumburg.com/Might take the g. to the expo.

Hmmm.

chop456
01-25-07, 01:57 PM
US Border Patrol is overpaid :shakehead

The U.S? The last time I drove into Canada, they didn't even ask for I.D. :laugh:

I at least got some questions on the way back in.

devilmaster
01-25-07, 05:18 PM
Might take the g. to the expo.

Hmmm.

aren't you still afraid of canihaveakartdadcanihaveakartdad :confused:

;)

G.
01-25-07, 07:07 PM
aren't you still afraid of canihaveakartdadcanihaveakartdad :confused:

;)Terrified. Why use winkies?

****ing terrified!

:D

devilmaster
01-25-07, 07:59 PM
The U.S? The last time I drove into Canada, they didn't even ask for I.D. :laugh:

I at least got some questions on the way back in.

You're harmless. Just look atcha.... :p

RTKar
01-27-07, 12:23 PM

http://www.meet-schaumburg.com/

Certainly a possibility. My racing buddy Jim lives nearby, he knows the area, Hmmm... Hawks are in town Sunday afternoon too. Friday night I'll be at a game in Milwaukee.

devilmaster
02-11-07, 11:26 AM
Well, I've confirmed up with my compatriot, and we'll be ordering up everything this week.

Looks like we'll stay at the sheraton suites elk grove, about 5 miles away. In friday night, out sunday afternoon.

Would hope to meet up with some of the Chicago gang Saturday night at Chicago Indoor Racing or elsewhere.

devilmaster
02-11-07, 11:44 AM
double post

chop456
02-11-07, 11:45 AM
Did you Hotwire that hotel?

devilmaster
02-11-07, 12:05 PM
Did you Hotwire that hotel?

Nope. I'm trying to see if I can load up on the points.

I am going to purchase the hotel through travelocity.ca because they have triple Air Miles points on right now with a 25 point bonus. Since its also a sheraton, I'll use my starwood points card once I arrive. 80 bucks a night is quite acceptable for the large room space you get in a suites hotel.

Need to do this as the baseball road trips are looking to get more expensive every year....

chop456
02-11-07, 12:09 PM
Worth it to get the points in that case, I guess. That hotel usually goes for around $55 on Hotwire, I think.

Why do I feel like we already talked about this? :tony:

devilmaster
02-11-07, 12:13 PM
Why do I feel like we already talked about this? :tony:

Are you going to actually remember that this is on this year? ;)

chop456
02-11-07, 12:21 PM
That what's on? :confused:

:D

Methanolandbrats
02-11-07, 04:31 PM

I at least got some questions on the way back in. Excellent control subject for a study. Wrap a bath towel around your head and try again. That way we'll know if they are doing profiling :)

chop456
02-11-07, 05:08 PM
We need someone more swarthy. If I were any whiter, I'd be clear. :D

devilmaster
02-13-07, 03:38 PM
Got an email today from the show....

Seems that Chicago Indoor has a private party on Saturday night which will close the mezzanine to the public. So, perhaps we can all to meet up friday night at CIR for beer and nogoodedness, or someone suggest a saturday night place.

RTKar
02-13-07, 07:58 PM
Got an email today from the show....

Seems that Chicago Indoor has a private party on Saturday night which will close the mezzanine to the public. So, perhaps we can all to meet up friday night at CIR for beer and nogoodedness, or someone suggest a saturday night place.

Friday is hockey night, not sure about Saturday. :)

G.
02-20-07, 01:37 PM
I should be at the expo Sunday (only). Gotta go see http://www.jessicabrannam.com/ and try not to appear too creepy. :D

Read the articles I posted elsewhere on this forum. She's got the raves, needs the $pon$ors.

devilmaster
02-20-07, 02:21 PM
I should be at the expo Sunday (only). Gotta go see http://www.jessicabrannam.com/ and try not to appear too creepy. :D

Read the articles I posted elsewhere on this forum. She's got the raves, needs the $pon$ors.

We might miss out on seeing her - Tony Stewart (no, not that one) owner of Chicago Indoor is doing a seminar that day round the same time I think. [edit] they don't conflict, but I assume that after the seminar is done, me and my bud will be at the bar talking over what we just heard, then one last pass at the booths to talk to anyone for the last time. Perhaps we can meet up somewhere in there for a pint? PM me your cel, I don't have one, but my friend does.

I still haven't heard from Champcar on whether or not they will have a showcar there like last year (emailed em to send the dp01 test car, but no response :irked: ). Since i'm not hearing anything about CC driver autograph signings, I guess not. There were a few recognizable faces there: Tags, Brian Till, Gidley, Calvin Fish.

Chop, RT, you in on this? Can we all plan up somethin for Saturday night?

devilmaster
02-24-07, 08:44 AM
there's a 6:30 in the morning too? Who knew?

Anyways, should be a good day - Updated info says Seabass is supposed to be at the show today, so hopefully that means a CC car comes with. (fingers crossed its a dp01)

G.
02-24-07, 02:01 PM
Tell Seabass to get his ass back there on Sunday!

Tell him that one of the only guys on the innerweb that doesn't rag on him (and thinks he's one helluva driver) is going to be there with his kid.

What do I get on Sunday? Some little local girl that was presented to oc pre-hated.:laugh:
(watch out for the blizzard warning. Could be real this time. But mostly North.)

((can't do Sat. night. Cub Scouts.))

RTKar
02-24-07, 06:59 PM
:\ Freezing rain, snow... winter storm advisory this evening. Since I'm north, it doesn't look like I'll be heading south.

devilmaster
02-24-07, 10:36 PM
:\ Freezing rain, snow... winter storm advisory this evening. Since I'm north, it doesn't look like I'll be heading south.

expected it. No prob, hope to see you and chop down the road.

I'm happy I spent the extra 50 bucks and rented the SUV.

G.
02-24-07, 10:41 PM
"Winnebago-Boone-Mchenry-Lake Illinois- Including The Cities Of... Rockford... Woodstock... Waukegan

... Winter Storm Warning Now In Effect Until 12 PM CST Sunday...

Periods Of Snow And Sleet... Heavy At Times... Will Continue Through Tonight. Winds Gusting To 40 Mph Will Create Blowing And Drifting Snow... And Visibilities Reduced To Below 1/2 Mile At Times. The Snow Should Begin To Mix With More Freezing Rain And Sleet By Sunday Morning. Reports Indicate 1 To 3 Inches Of Snow Had Fallen Across The Warning Area As Of 8 PM. An Additional 3 To 5 Inches Of Snow Is Possible Overnight And Into Sunday Morning... Resulting In Storm Total Snowfall Amounts Of 4 To 8 Inches By Midday Sunday. "

Also

"Winter storm warning in effect until 12 PM cst Sunday.
Now through 09:00 PM CST February 24, 2007
Snow...sleet and freezing rain is falling across all of northern Illinois and northwest Indiana. Through 900 PM cst...heaviest amounts of ice and snow will occur from lasalle county on north to McHenry County and across Cook County to Porter County in northwest Indiana. Some of the worst weather has been in northwest Indiana west of Interstate 65. Freezing rain has caused numerous accidents and some power lines to go down. Ice accumulations have been in excess of half an inch thick. Untreated roadways will be dangerous. Motorists are urged to avoid any unnecessary driving overnight. "

I was glad that my windshield was covered with snow tonight. I didn't have to chisel the ice off.

But this is the land of 1" snow means 2" of salt, so we'll see about tomorrow.

RTKar
02-24-07, 11:59 PM
expected it. No prob, hope to see you and chop down the road.

I'm happy I spent the extra 50 bucks and rented the SUV.

Being an SUV owner...

SUV or not, bad is bad, had a "moment" earlier this winter that spooked the crap out of me in which any or all of the things listed below could have been involved;

Ditch
Farmer's mail box
Rolling over
On coming traffic

Hope to meet up again sometime, I could use a beer or two :cool:

Redwing
02-25-07, 12:41 AM
Just got back to the other side of the lake. Roads are awful, plenty of work for the towers tonight. My car was coated in ice. It took me a long time to get back; I barely had enough time to eat, stalk the ex, answer a few personal ads and try on my FIRST EVER DRIVING SUIT! It's a nice blue Sparco, very well made. Expo was good, smaller than I thought, but the sport of karting itself is freakin' huge now.

devilmaster
02-26-07, 11:48 AM
*sigh*

is it over? :(

Great weekend. Got a tonne of info and talked with alot of helpful people.

G., great to meet you and little g. :thumbup:

The ride home was a little slow goin, but made it fine.

ChampCar - cute models, but hows about a DP01 next year.

RedWing - were you wearing an orange CC hat?