PDA

View Full Version : Announcements POURING In!

NismoZ
01-22-07, 09:37 AM
Well, two anyway. Jani official at PKV, Wilson at RuSport. My understanding is CC has let teams know they want announcements sooner rather than later but I can just see teams using these pre-season tests of the '01 as continuing "driver tests" as well. Legge supposed to practice with DCR but no conection with a ride there.(?) Shortage of cars may mean we see some strange combos. Even the original prototype test car will see track time (Pupo?:) ) for Walker Racing. My assumption is ALL teams and drivers present will be guaranteed seat/track time. Trying to maintain equal opportunity. Conquest will be absent, Coyne hopes to run a 2nd car on day 3. Sounds like a whole BUNCH of driver/sponsor issues to me. Oh well, it's still early...by DCR standards.

Ziggy
01-22-07, 10:05 AM
Wow, be still my beating heart. Jani, did you say Jani? I must call the ticket office and reserve a block for all my realitives, as this throttle jocky thrills like no others.

Legge? Wilson? Dang, that's some earth shattering ****. Wilson's wishes of hooking up with the only professional team got beat out by a nineteen year old who's daddy cant quite make up his mind to if he wants to feed him to the grater.

The test hack? Dont know how hooked up you are, but they have a small problem with this kid who won the Atlantic Championship. Something about he was supposed to have a car to drive.... and there does not seem to be any.

Calling all cars, calling all cars.....

Warlock!
01-22-07, 10:17 AM
Wow, be still my beating heart....

Calling all cars, calling all cars.....
Zig... I think you're looking at a glass that's 1/4 full... not 3/4 empty. :D

KLang
01-22-07, 10:44 AM
Looks like someone peed in Ziggy's Wheaties this morning.

I'm glad Wilson is staying at RuSport. We need some team continuity for a change. I'd like to see Legge end up there as well, the brit team.

Probably the bigger deal with PKV is Jani will be driving the Red Bull car.

pchall
01-22-07, 11:42 AM
Probably the bigger deal with PKV is Jani will be driving the Red Bull car.

Red Bull liveries in both Champ Cars and Atlantics. A good deal and a much better demographic for the company than IRL with Team UnderaCheever.

NismoZ
01-22-07, 03:29 PM
Wellll...he's no Sam Hornish, but...

pchall
01-22-07, 03:40 PM
Wellll...he's no Sam Hornish, but...

:rofl: ... he can win races with right and left hand turns.

TKGAngel
01-22-07, 03:57 PM
Speed's got Wilson at Rusport as official, with another story saying Tag will test for Rocketsports at Sebring. Tag will be the only Rocketsports car and Will Power is the only confirmed driver at Team Aussie.

I would post a link, but the SpeedTV website makes me angry. Too much clutter and video going off spontaneously.

coolhand
01-22-07, 04:04 PM
The field is shaping up....not

Spicoli
01-22-07, 06:23 PM
Sounds like no shortage of hate this year either. :D

Turn7
01-22-07, 06:28 PM
All I want to know is where's Hoover Orsi going to land?

RHR_Fan
01-22-07, 06:30 PM
All I want to know is where's Hoover Orsi going to land?

Oh God, there's a name I haven't heard of for a while! Is he doing anything?

Turn7
01-22-07, 06:43 PM
Joey Hand
Anthony Lazzaro
AJ Allmendinger
Jon Foggerty
Hoover Orsi

(edit: I'd even grin at Max Wilson making a full circle back to Champ Car with Walker)

These are the names that should be there due to past accomplishments in the feeder series.

Not names like

NFS
Direct Deposit
Cheque Villacash
Family Money Liquidators Inc.

JoeBob
01-22-07, 07:15 PM
Stupid Mario will be driving for RuSport at the open test: http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=11205

Spicoli
01-22-07, 07:46 PM
Stupid Mario will be driving for RuSport at the open test: http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=11205

WOW! :eek:

Don Quixote
01-22-07, 08:07 PM
This is huge!

cameraman
01-22-07, 08:11 PM
For the test...

NismoZ
01-22-07, 08:18 PM
So who do they get to "test" in Houston?

Turn7
01-22-07, 08:46 PM

coolhand
01-22-07, 10:18 PM
Where is Marcus Marshall?

Rob
01-22-07, 10:53 PM
Where is Marcus Marshall?

He raced Aussie V8 Supercars last year. No idea what his plans are for this year.

cart7
01-22-07, 11:52 PM
Any word on Ansen? Philly? San Antonio? Are they still on for RA or have they screwed that up? Can a driver just show up with a check and get a ride or does it have to clear first? How do you think Hornish will do at Denver? What's everyone's thoughts on how much it's gonna cost Kevin to field 15 cars this year? If someones check doesn't clear during the European swing, is the whole team stuck over there or is there a backup plan to get everyone home? Will standing starts create any less costly repairs than the rolling starts? Is it possible to get a single 2.65 Cossie engine to last the whole year? I know Kevins favorite car colors are red and white but do you think they might mix it up a little this year? It's hard enough keeping track of the musical chair field and even worse when they all drive the same color car. Who else is more excited about seeing Juan in his first cup race than the first race of the CCWS season?

:shakehead

apex
01-23-07, 12:07 AM
Any word on Ansen? Philly? San Antonio? Are they still on for RA or have they screwed that up? Can a driver just show up with a check and get a ride or does it have to clear first? How do you think Hornish will do at Denver? What's everyone's thoughts on how much it's gonna cost Kevin to field 15 cars this year? If someones check doesn't clear during the European swing, is the whole team stuck over there or is there a backup plan to get everyone home? Will standing starts create any less costly repairs than the rolling starts? Is it possible to get a single 2.65 Cossie engine to last the whole year? I know Kevins favorite car colors are red and white but do you think they might mix it up a little this year? It's hard enough keeping track of the musical chair field and even worse when they all drive the same color car. Who else is more excited about seeing Juan in his first cup race than the first race of the CCWS season?

I think you got your tongue firmly stuck in your cheek cart7!!:thumdown: .

nrc
01-23-07, 12:44 AM
Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays! :cry:

SurfaceUnits
01-23-07, 01:23 AM
Who else is more excited about seeing Juan in his first cup race than the first race of the CCWS season? Apparently only you.

Spicoli
01-23-07, 01:45 AM
I'm really excited to see the highlights of King TonyTard slammin into everyone at Rolex. :gomer:

The rest will come.

Arundo Donax
01-23-07, 02:42 AM
Huh???

No Jos??

coolhand
01-23-07, 05:21 AM

Yeah, everyone was acting like this new car would make everything better. It is just more of the same since 2004.

extramundane
01-23-07, 09:57 AM
Huh???

No Jos??

Well, that's one good thing, anyway.

jonovision_man
01-23-07, 10:14 AM
Yeah, everyone was acting like this new car would make everything better. It is just more of the same since 2004.

I'm a bit of a pessimist on the effect of the new car, especially as it relates to grid size...

But if the new car brings lower costs, at the very least that should mean less team assistance paid out by the series. I also am assuming that the European swing tracks are paying the transportation costs and sanctioning fees, otherwise it makes no sense. And new street races always seem to be flush with money, either from the city or a zealous promoter.

Every year they seem to be dumping the money-losers for races that break-even or better (RA being the exception I'd imagine).

So I think things are getting better. I'm sure KK is still swimming in red ink, but he seems to be moving in a direction that could get him out of it someday. At least I hope so, I don't think there's another life in this cat, KK is it.

jono

nrc
01-23-07, 10:15 AM
Three top Atlantic drivers will be in the series this year. I thought that's what people wanted to see. Is this whining just because the deals aren't coming together fast enough? :confused:

G.
01-23-07, 10:30 AM
Is this whining just because the deals aren't coming together fast enough? :confused:That's got me concerned.:(

KLang
01-23-07, 10:43 AM
Is this whining just because the deals aren't coming together fast enough? :confused:

Seems that way.

Is the timing really any different then the last couple years? I don't think so.

FCYTravis
01-23-07, 12:20 PM
Is the timing really any different then the last couple years? I don't think so.

I think that's the point. There's been no improvement over the last couple years. We're looking at more on-the-grid-at-Long-Beach^H^H^H-Las-Vegas driver announcements, and that's pretty whack.

rabbit
01-23-07, 12:26 PM

jonovision_man
01-23-07, 02:44 PM
I think that's the point. There's been no improvement over the last couple years. We're looking at more on-the-grid-at-Long-Beach^H^H^H-Las-Vegas driver announcements, and that's pretty whack.

Las Vegas is in April, it's still January... I think it's a bit early to tell exactly what will come together before then. By March we could be looking at an 80% announced grid, and feeling pretty OK.

jono

cart7
01-23-07, 08:00 PM
Three top Atlantic drivers will be in the series this year. I thought that's what people wanted to see. Is this whining just because the deals aren't coming together fast enough? :confused:

It would appear that for all the bluster about how things were really looking up for CCWS, the one thing that matters the most at this point, corporate sponsor interest that equates to dollars in money to the teams that prevents them from needing Kevin bucks, is still missing.

Without the interest that = $$, the series continues to be a musical chairs of drivers and so many venues I'm losing track. He's chasing his tail and not creating any continuity. How good does it look to anyone interested in sponsoring a team when so many tracks in the past couple years have disappeared, others that were pushed forward in the press as new venues that never came about and a future of TBA's?

At some point, if this thing doesn't start paying off, Kalkhoven will have to cut his losses at some point and pull the plug. Continuing to pour bad money down the drain won't happen for too much longer. I'm sure it's in the 5 year plan somewhere.

TravelGal
01-23-07, 09:05 PM
On the one hand, you're right. On the other hand, how many airlines have said they were "going" to merge and never did? Meaning, how many times are exploratory deals mentioned in the press that never come to fruition? MANY times. Same thing with Champ Car looking at different venue possibilites. WE are the ones who start planning trips as soon as a city is mentioned.

As for the drivers, we're having fainting spells because the lineup is not set. As was pointed out, these are usually the posts we see in March. Because the new chassis came out, WE assumed that the driver lineups would be set by January. The good news is the Steve Johnson is having a cow that they are not set and is letting owners know that. In true owner fashion, they are doing just what they want, which means, yes, nothing has changed (at least in that regard).

cart7
01-23-07, 10:11 PM
I'm not the kind of person who watches and roots for only one driver but as it is, I don't really care for any of the drivers that have secure rides and I have virtually no idea if any of the other ones from last year will carry over to this. When there are no "real" contracts signed because few if any of the teams have real money to use to pay these guys, it's no wonder the lineup shifts from week to week. All I can hope for is a guy I started watching last year brings a bigger check than the other guy.

NismoZ
01-23-07, 10:26 PM
I see 20. LV will be a big deal so they'll all be there. Whoever they are.:)

TravelGal
01-24-07, 12:21 PM
I'm not the kind of person who watches and roots for only one driver but as it is, I don't really care for any of the drivers that have secure rides and I have virtually no idea if any of the other ones from last year will carry over to this. When there are no "real" contracts signed because few if any of the teams have real money to use to pay these guys, it's no wonder the lineup shifts from week to week. All I can hope for is a guy I started watching last year brings a bigger check than the other guy.

Can't disagree with you on that one. :shakehead

Ziggy
01-24-07, 04:59 PM
More good news, FORD gone

No more pacecar program. Gave it up in order to secure lucrative Minardi two seater:gomer:

NismoZ
01-24-07, 05:21 PM
Net change? Zero!. Gonna be a Cosworth/350Z pace car and spec series anyway, you gloom'ndoomer!:p

coolhand
01-24-07, 11:12 PM
More good news, FORD gone

No more pacecar program. Gave it up in order to secure lucrative Minardi two seater:gomer:

F1 backmarker leading the CC field

cart7
01-24-07, 11:41 PM
Maybe all the talks between Kevin and TG resulted in a contest between the two on whose ship could list the most without rolling over.

Winner gets the flotsam left floating in the water. :gomer: