PDA

View Full Version : Rolex 24

Pages : 1 [2]

Tim
01-27-07, 09:37 PM
I watched for about 5 mins when it came on this evening. Boring as hell. Real racing can't start soon enough.

devilmaster
01-28-07, 01:09 AM
Just got back home after watchin it over at the folks place... Any word on mazzacane? The corner worker's body language wasn't good....

[edit]found a tidbit at crash.net....

More serious, however, was the exit of the #18 VICI Racing XM Satellite Fabcar, which crashed out with sometime F1 driver Gaston Mazzacane at the wheel. Having lost control, the Argentine hit the armco protecting a light pole and was injured in the crash. Although he was awake and alert when the emergency crew arrived at the scene, he was taken to Halifax Hospital in Daytona Beach for further observation.

devilmaster
01-28-07, 01:53 AM
Red Flag.

The 23 car crashed near pit exit, and they need to fix the armco guard rail separating pit exit from the track.

devilmaster
01-28-07, 01:54 AM
anyone for late night chat?

devilmaster
01-28-07, 03:15 AM
back to green.....

jonovision_man
01-28-07, 09:31 AM
I watched for about 5 mins when it came on this evening. Boring as hell. Real racing can't start soon enough.

5 cars within a lap of the leader with 5 hours left is pretty amazing for endurance racing...

jono

jonovision_man
01-28-07, 11:07 AM
What a scrap for the lead!!! :eek: :thumbup:

Great stuff. This has almost no resemblance to endurance racing! :)

jono

extramundane
01-28-07, 11:29 AM
So you don't see the difference between someone like Colin Braun, and "Matty Fresh?"

Is Braun a ride buyer? Krohn doesn't exactly need external funding, especially not for the championship car. So yes, there's a big difference between a young up-and-coming talent (who's about to go off to NASCAR) and a rich jackass.

But I don't see a difference between Alhadeff, Krohn, JC France, Milka Duno- they're all "rich guys" whose driving abilities are suspect at best. Only because they can turn the car over to a seasoned pro or two can they get away with running in sportscars. The gentlemen drivers who are serious about their teams winning have stepped aside- Bob Stallings and Kevin Buckler jump immediately to mind.

The rich amateur + seasoned pro model is not unique to, nor did it start with GA.

Peter Olivola
01-28-07, 12:02 PM
No.

Is Braun a ride buyer?

Sean O'Gorman
01-28-07, 12:40 PM
Is Braun a ride buyer? Krohn doesn't exactly need external funding, especially not for the championship car. So yes, there's a big difference between a young up-and-coming talent (who's about to go off to NASCAR) and a rich jackass.

But I don't see a difference between Alhadeff, Krohn, JC France, Milka Duno- they're all "rich guys" whose driving abilities are suspect at best. Only because they can turn the car over to a seasoned pro or two can they get away with running in sportscars. The gentlemen drivers who are serious about their teams winning have stepped aside- Bob Stallings and Kevin Buckler jump immediately to mind.

The rich amateur + seasoned pro model is not unique to, nor did it start with GA.

I think we're on the same page here, you just haven't realized it (or don't want to admit it). ;)

EDwardo
01-28-07, 01:29 PM
Allmindingle just stopped on the track. Looks like the #6 car is out.

EDwardo
01-28-07, 01:31 PM
... "rich guys" whose driving abilities are suspect at best. ....

For example, the Idiot Grandson turning a few laps in the Visionmobile.

TKGAngel
01-28-07, 01:35 PM
Allmindingle just stopped on the track. Looks like the #6 car is out.

Broken halfshaft.

I realized this morning that one of the pit reporters was on The Real World in the mid-90s. Looks like he didn't turn out too bad.

extramundane
01-28-07, 02:04 PM
For example, the Idiot Grandson turning a few laps in the Visionmobile.

That situation is on an entirely different level. He's an insult to the JC Frances of the world.

extramundane
01-28-07, 02:34 PM
Bill Auberlen seems OK sharing a car with a jerkoff...Wonder why...

http://www.racingfanatics.com/Rolex2007racegalleryKM12.jpg

Cam
01-28-07, 02:36 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

devilmaster
01-28-07, 02:41 PM

http://www.sportsinferno.com/forums/images/smilies/MHZyeah.gif

jonovision_man
01-28-07, 02:42 PM
Decent race!

Monotoya looks like he's really regretting leaving F1. :p ;) Happier than pig in poop.

jono

rosawendel
01-28-07, 02:50 PM
i'm suddenly reminded of the old george carlin bit about women and bananas....

devilmaster
01-28-07, 02:59 PM
i'm suddenly reminded of the old george carlin bit about women and bananas....

:laugh: That was always a good bit.

Congrats to J-F Dumoulin, winning GT.

One of the instructors from the Star Racer show.... from Trois-Rivieres :thumbup:

devilmaster
01-28-07, 03:00 PM

Hey!

Is that K-Fed in the back looking for his next sugar momma?

pchall
01-28-07, 03:58 PM

That is one bad rack.

extramundane
01-28-07, 04:24 PM
That is one bad rack.

Guess we know where those BMW factory bux went.

jonovision_man
01-28-07, 06:24 PM
:laugh: That was always a good bit.

Congrats to J-F Dumoulin, winning GT.

One of the instructors from the Star Racer show.... from Trois-Rivieres :thumbup:

That's really cool! :) I have to confess I paid zero attention to GT, too much going on in DP.

jono

RHR_Fan
01-28-07, 07:09 PM
Broken halfshaft.

I realized this morning that one of the pit reporters was on The Real World in the mid-90s. Looks like he didn't turn out too bad.

That's where I recognized him from!

I didn't think the race was too bad, although I miss the days when all 24 hours were shown. Heaven forbid we can't miss repeats of old shows and an hour of paid programming. :rolleyes:

~Nicole

Spicoli
01-28-07, 07:35 PM
Bill Auberlen seems OK sharing a car with a jerkoff...Wonder why...

I want one. :D

devilmaster
01-28-07, 08:37 PM
I want one. :D

maybe you should want 2..... ;)

pchall
01-28-07, 08:38 PM
Guess we know where those BMW factory bux went.

Are those factory airbags or just cheap replacements? ;)

NismoZ
01-28-07, 09:38 PM
Do you think that's HIS big banana she's fondling?

emjaya
01-28-07, 10:02 PM
Do you think that's HIS big banana she's fondling?

Not yet. ;) :D

Ziggy
01-28-07, 11:14 PM
Yes doctor, could you please give me two hidious lumps????? I need something to detract from the fact that I am quickly becoming quite bovine in appearence

how lacking in self esteem do you need to be????

Spicoli
01-29-07, 12:48 AM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/matt_fresh/nye2006.jpg

I think maybe they are real. :D

nrc
01-29-07, 01:36 AM
Any truth to the rumor Montoya's grandma did a stint in his crapotype?

G.
01-29-07, 11:05 AM
Any truth to the rumor Montoya's grandma did a stint in his crapotype?No. Even those fugly cars require shifting, braking and turning both left and right. What with grandma's gout and all...

I'm not a fan of the cars, but I watched some road-racing this weekend.:thumbup: Good for John Paul, boo on Ganassi.

It's really hard to argue with huge fields. If they were 3.5 hp Briggs&Stratten gokarts, I would've watched.

I didn't see the whole show(s), but one thing that stuck out to me, with what I did see, was the pit interviews, profiles, etc., focused on the regular drivers in the GAm, not the hired guns. I thought that that was cool! It wasn't the Jeffie G. show.

Offseasons sux.

Wheel-Nut
01-29-07, 02:38 PM
Does the big breasted woman have a name?

G.
01-29-07, 03:01 PM
Why? You need to tell her to lock the door on the way out this morning, and not seem rude?;)

Wheel-Nut
01-29-07, 03:20 PM
She looks familiar.

mapguy
01-29-07, 03:22 PM
Hey!

Is that K-Fed in the back looking for his next sugar momma?

Looks like FCYTravis.....

:D

Don Quixote
01-29-07, 03:36 PM
She looks familiar.
She reminds me of the Hurst Shifter girl from days gone by.

Easy
01-29-07, 03:44 PM

Mrs. Auberlen. Fo rilla.

diamond dave
01-29-07, 03:44 PM
She reminds me of the Hurst Shifter girl from days gone by.

if she keeps front loading those zepplins, she will have the posture of a hurst shifter:laugh:

oddlycalm
01-29-07, 04:06 PM
Does the big breasted woman have a name? Yvette. Seriously.

oc