PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Grandstands, Seats

RARules
01-20-07, 10:32 PM
I've never been to the Cleveland Champ Car race yet, but intend on attending this year (along with a colleague at work who hasn't yet attended a Champ Car race).

Could somebody give me an idea of
a) what the best grandstands (e.g., 1 vs. 2 vs. 3),
b) what the best seat rows are,
c) how long in advance one would be advised buy reserved tickets, and
4) parking advice?

Oddly, the Cleveland web site availability and pricing makes it unclear whether the high or low rows are most desirable. One would guess higher (or mid?) numbered rows are better for this venue, right?

Sean O'Gorman
01-21-07, 02:02 AM
I didn't order tickets last year because I wasn't sure which days I was going to go (I ended up only being able to go on Sunday because of a storm that hit the area requiring me to work that Saturday), but I showed up race day morning at 8:30ish, asked for the best available seat in my preferred stand (the one adjacent to the last term) for the lower level. I got a good mid-level seat for $25 or so, and just moved up to an open spot higher up after yelling stuff at Philippe during driver intros.

Ziggy
01-21-07, 03:52 AM
wear a heavy coat, that lake wind can be brutal;)

rocket
01-21-07, 01:17 PM
Row 1 is the top row, so go high for the best views. As far as the grandstand Ii would suggets one by pit row, the first one if possible. Last year was the first time with the pits flipped, so you ar looking at the front of them as opposed to the back.
Shot from the grandstand http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jabilek@sbcglobal.net/album/576460762323001117/photo/294928803270788838/76

TKGAngel
01-21-07, 04:35 PM
I think everyone's covered the 'higher in the grandstand (therefore lower the row number) aspect. I would recommend sending in the forms now, to have a better shot of getting a better seat.

The parking areas right next to Burke are a little pricey, and getting out at the end of the day can be a slight cluster-you-know what, with everyone trying to leave at once. The race's website has more detailed info about parking and shuttle options.

RARules
01-22-07, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the replies. Good and timely info. Great crowd here!