PDA

View Full Version : Doornbos did test for Forsythe

Krutch
01-17-07, 05:55 AM
The Dutch magazine Formule 1 Racereport interviewed Harry Muermans who sponsors Stoddart's team and F1-driver Robert Doornbos. He revealed that Robert Doornbos did test for Forsythe back in December. It was kept secret because of the negotiations with STR for a F1 seat. According to Muermans, that still is a possibility, albeit small.

Doornbos now might land up in Champ Car, as Muermans wants him to race in 2007. It's probably not with Minardi, as Muermans expects Legge and Verstappen to drive there, so Doornbos might land a ride at another team.

Also interesting is that Muermans tried to get Red Bull involved in the two Euro-races, but they did not want to be the main sponsor of the Assen and Zolder events. For that however we'll have another well-known company, which will probably be announced in February. :)

One should note that the source of all this is the news site from the magazine so a few things might be overstated to increase sales. Still, Doornbos did test and IMO he's the most talented of the Dutch drivers out there, so it would be great to see him in Champ Car!

Spicoli
01-17-07, 06:36 AM
Welcome Bob Doorknobs.

When is Eddie soming over?:p

NismoZ
01-18-07, 10:05 PM
Think about it. GF is crying poor (actually he just wants someone ELSE to fund a 2nd car, which is fine) and it is quite possible he has two Europeans who WANT that available seat. So, is the ride up for bid? If it is, Doornbos gets it regardless of what we've heard about Jos Verstappen. I find it difficult to believe FCR will enter a singleton. CC just STRONGLY urged teams to name drivers ASAP and not to announce on race weekend.

apex
01-18-07, 10:14 PM
Think about it. GF is crying poor (actually he just wants someone ELSE to fund a 2nd car, which is fine) and it is quite possible he has two Europeans who WANT that available seat. So, is the ride up for bid? If it is, Doornbos gets it regardless of what we've heard about Jos Verstappen. I find it difficult to believe FCR will enter a singleton. CC just STRONGLY urged teams to name drivers ASAP and not to announce on race weekend.

I agree with what you say with the proviso, that Doornbos's first priorty is getting a STR seat first. If he fails than he will opt for the Champcar ride.