PDA

View Full Version : Almendinger Too Slow, Steps Aside

NismoZ
01-16-07, 07:32 PM
Intriguing title. Brian Vickers is being brought back to show him how it's done, I guess. AJ was 34th fastest and Vickers was the slowest of the Toyotas last week, so...?

nissan gtp
01-16-07, 07:38 PM
hahahahahaha

wonder if he has GF's phone number :rofl:

nrc
01-16-07, 08:44 PM
Har. How many weeks of that before he's curled up in the trunk in fetal position. :p

oddlycalm
01-16-07, 08:46 PM
Hope his "management team" has a Plan B in mind. Today he ran 21st, more that 2 seconds slower than the fastest Toyoda, let alone the fastest car in the field. The only Toyota he managed to beat was Michael Waltrip...:gomer:

oc

Ankf00
01-16-07, 08:52 PM
:laugh:

hope the p was worth his career

pchall
01-16-07, 09:12 PM
His career path now has A1GP written all over it.

Indy
01-17-07, 12:06 AM
I hate to take pleasure in the pain of another, buuuuuuut, maybe not in this case.

Bob_S.
01-17-07, 12:16 AM
AJ done took the wrong river to Aintree.:cry:

:laugh:

SteveH
01-17-07, 01:31 AM
Racers never 'step aside'

FCYTravis
01-17-07, 01:41 AM
Umm, I know it's fashionable to bash Dinger right now, but he left to run a scheduled Craftsman Truck test at Homestead and the idea that he "stepped aside because he was too slow" appears to be entirely the creation of AR1 and "Cup Scene Daily."

Allmendinger’s time in a NASCAR NEXTEL Cup car will be short. He’ll test with the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series on Wednesday and Thursday at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Teammate Brian Vickers (No. 83 Red Bull Toyota), who participated in last week’s Daytona series test, sits in for Allmendinger on Wednesday.

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=46922

cameraman
01-17-07, 03:36 AM
AR1 make something up:eek: :eek:

Shocking I say just shocking:rolleyes:

Accipiter
01-17-07, 11:58 AM
Come on, they don't make things up. They just make huge assumptions based on minimal proof and report them as facts.

Chief
01-17-07, 03:45 PM
You don't have to be CARNAC to decipher this prophacy:

"Allmendinger’s time in a NASCAR NEXTEL Cup car will be short":rofl:

He should have gotten the bigger plane...

devilmaster
01-17-07, 04:19 PM
AR1 make something up

Shocking I say just shocking:rolleyes:

And then someone copies it over here.... :shakehead :rolleyes:

NismoZ
01-17-07, 05:22 PM

jcollins28
01-17-07, 07:45 PM
Umm, I know it's fashionable to bash Dinger right now, but he left to run a scheduled Craftsman Truck test at Homestead and the idea that he "stepped aside because he was too slow" appears to be entirely the creation of AR1 and "Cup Scene Daily."

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=46922

Uh yeah because it is so much more important for a guy who is running for rookie of the year & full time in cup to make sure that his part time gig in trucks is dialed in right? You would think that if he is having that hard of a time in Cup that his part time job in trucks would be shelved to get things right with the Cup car.

jonovision_man
01-17-07, 08:05 PM

Ahhh... c'mon... I'm curious now... ;) :D

jono

TKGAngel
01-17-07, 09:51 PM
Uh yeah because it is so much more important for a guy who is running for rookie of the year & full time in cup to make sure that his part time gig in trucks is dialed in right? You would think that if he is having that hard of a time in Cup that his part time job in trucks would be shelved to get things right with the Cup car.

Today's speeds from the Truck test have him 22 out of 26 cars, a little more than 5 mph off of the pace set by Toyota drivers Mike Skinner and Todd Bodine.

Back to the Cup issue, wasn't one of the dings against AJA (especially after the Rusport firing) that he didn't have a strong background in car setup? His Forsythe success came out of the fact that he drove a similar setup to PT, not that he was a technical genius.

If he's not strong with car setup, then the combo of new driver/team/engine could be very hard to overcome.

SurfaceUnits
01-18-07, 01:03 AM
You don't have to be CARNAC to decipher this prophacy:

"Allmendinger’s time in a NASCAR NEXTEL Cup car will be short":rofl: Then he will get a ride in earl and the :gomer:s will claim they stole a napcar star and everything is grate at the hickyard:shakehead

mueber
01-18-07, 08:55 AM
Bashing Almendinger is OK; he deserves it. Him looking like a fool in NASCAR won't do any of us in open wheel any good.

oddlycalm
01-18-07, 02:36 PM
Practice over and AJA is 54th out of 64. Top Toyota ran 7th and Vickers ran 37th. Looks like it's gonna be a very long year...

oc