PDA

View Full Version : itunes kwestyun

Spicoli
01-15-07, 12:52 PM
OK, when ever I import songs (add file to library) sometimes it "re-copies" the song file on certain tunes, and sometimes it doesn't. For example, I have 5 copies of The Replacements - Can't Hardly Wait, while i have just one copy of other songs from the same album. when I used W Media Player, it automatically looked for existing copies and never "re=copied" the files.

Whaddya do?:confused:

Insomniac
01-15-07, 01:41 PM
OK, when ever I import songs (add file to library) sometimes it "re-copies" the song file on certain tunes, and sometimes it doesn't. For example, I have 5 copies of The Replacements - Can't Hardly Wait, while i have just one copy of other songs from the same album. when I used W Media Player, it automatically looked for existing copies and never "re=copied" the files.

Whaddya do?:confused:

You could try View->Show Duplicates. Might help you to clean up the copies. iTunes is a little messy when you don't let it control your music collection. You can't even just rescan your collection to update it. You have to clear it out and load it back in. I gave up and now just let iTunes mange it.

Spicoli
01-15-07, 03:27 PM
I think you are right. I just deleted about 250 songs manually. That sucked. :eek:

Anyway I think it has to do with converting files from WMA to ACC. It asks you when you import your files (do you want to convert these WMA files to ACC?) and yoiu really just need to say "skip" and not download any WMA files anymore. Otherwise, I think it just relaods/reconverts those specific files everytime (I think).

In fact - **** WMA files, right? :D

Insomniac
01-15-07, 05:50 PM
I think you are right. I just deleted about 250 songs manually. That sucked. :eek:

Anyway I think it has to do with converting files from WMA to ACC. It asks you when you import your files (do you want to convert these WMA files to ACC?) and yoiu really just need to say "skip" and not download any WMA files anymore. Otherwise, I think it just relaods/reconverts those specific files everytime (I think).

In fact - **** WMA files, right? :D

Not me! I get WMA files and convert them to MP3. (I know that converting lossy to lossy isn't the best idea, but I don't hear a difference going from 192 kbps WMA 9 to alt-preset-standard LAME 192 kbps.)