PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Update

nrc
01-13-07, 06:56 PM
Paving done, tickets selling.

"Ticket sales are tremendous," he said. "We've sold out of our reserved seats and we're almost 80 percent sold out (of general admission seating). If we hadn't added seats, we'd already be sold out."
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/sports/2007/jan/13/566663081.html

KLang
01-13-07, 07:11 PM
:thumbup: I'm really looking forward to this event. Hopefully first year problems can be kept to a minimum.

NismoZ
01-13-07, 07:25 PM
THAT is an absolute key. Make it so people WANT to come back and draw in those who were sorry they missed the first one. (I think that'll be me...bigger and better in '08!:D ) PS-I want to sit on that wall above turn 12 (?), that uphill left under the viaduct leading onto the pit straight. Going to be an instant classic. It'll be a great TV & still camera position, that's for sure!

G.
01-13-07, 07:25 PM
Oh, crap! Gotta call the buddy. Maybe this is why he called me this week.

Can't count on comps, better buy now!

G.
01-16-07, 03:03 PM
They have some newer videos up over at http://www.vegasgrandprix.com/

It's nice. I like.

KLang
01-16-07, 03:32 PM
They have some newer videos up over at http://www.vegasgrandprix.com/

It's nice. I like.

Turn 2. :thumbup: :D

Edit: Turn 4 :cool:

NismoZ
01-16-07, 04:24 PM
Huh. "Turn Girls", who'd a thunk!?

G.
01-27-07, 02:19 AM
Anyone have any clue as to where the viewing ops are for gen admission tix? We're going GA, so if the kids get bored, we can move to a new spot and pretend we're doing something different.;)

I don't know LV well. Where is GA??

pchall
01-27-07, 08:56 AM

Georgia is almost two thousand miles from LV. ;)

KLang
01-27-07, 09:36 AM
Anyone have any clue as to where the viewing ops are for gen admission tix? We're going GA, so if the kids get bored, we can move to a new spot and pretend we're doing something different.;)

The only reserved seating, so far at least, is the big grandstand across from the pits at the start/finish line. Everything else is GA.

NismoZ
01-27-07, 11:17 AM
Take umbrellas and spf45.

G.
01-27-07, 02:55 PM
Georgia is almost two thousand miles from LV. ;)Oh, man! That would've been embarrassing. Thanks!:o

:p

Any clue as to what General Admission* consists of? Is it just the sidewalks behind catch fence? Is there small GA grandstands (I think other races do this)? Jumbotrons?

The map on the website doesn't help much.

We'll just be wandering around, I guess. As you all know, I'm just an event fan.:p

(in some ways, that may be true, sometimes. I'm going to be at a race with my oldest g. If my attention is on him, and I miss some of the race, BFD, VHS, DVR, etc.)

We can't wait!!

*heretofore be known as "GA". Screw Georgia.
We won, dammit.

KLang
01-27-07, 04:07 PM
Any clue as to what General Admission* consists of? Is it just the sidewalks behind catch fence? Is there small GA grandstands (I think other races do this)? Jumbotrons?

The map on the website doesn't help much.

Hard to tell for sure with a first year event. The map shows a half dozen or so GA grandstands. I assume their will be Jumbotrons, it's pretty much a given these days for temporary events.

G.
01-27-07, 04:15 PM
Hard to tell for sure with a first year event. The map shows a half dozen or so GA grandstands. I assume their will be Jumbotrons, it's pretty much a given these days for temporary events.Ah, if it doesn't say reserved, it's GA. Cool! GS 2&3, maybe 4 might be great.

SurfaceUnits
02-01-07, 04:25 PM
What happened to Visa?

cameraman
02-01-07, 08:06 PM
They are the Phoenix sponsor

NismoZ
02-02-07, 12:16 AM
First Data Independent Sales Fresno by Card Service International...never really was just VISA. These guys process VISA accounts. Probably a legal glitch in name use. No problem with race sponsorship as I understand it, though name recognition suffers.