lone_groover
04-24-03, 09:56 PM
His room is ready. :thumdown:

JSR
04-24-03, 10:52 PM
:thumbup:

DjDrOmusic
04-25-03, 02:59 AM
This is really not news. Jimmy still was under contract to do Indy with Rahal from last year, the car, if my source is correct will have the colors reversed from Bracks.

Napoleon
04-25-03, 06:15 AM
Well at least I will have someone to root for in the race.

Kate
04-25-03, 06:33 AM
Very sad when people will sell themselves for a mess of pottage.

tllips
04-25-03, 09:38 AM
I remember in the offseason, before Jimmy signed with ASTJ. Jimmy said the only thing he had certain for this year was the Indy 500 with Rahal. He said nothing else was lined up (at that time).

Does anyone else remember this? Am I off my rocker?

Sean O'Gorman
04-25-03, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Kate

Yeah, how sad. Who would expect a RACE CAR DRIVER to want to RACE CARS? :rolleyes:

RacinM3
04-25-03, 12:34 PM
You know what, I have no issue with this. Jeemy doesn't have to prove to any of us why he races cars, but I guarantee it's not about the money. He's doing a one-off race in another series on a day when his home series isn't racing. In fact, he's missing first weekend qualifying to take part in the CART race.

I and others always say this race (the I500) is just another race. Far as I'm concerned Jeemy's occupying an open weekend in just another race. Just like he did when he ran that taxicab race at the start of this year.

He did not sell out.

RaceChic
04-25-03, 12:47 PM

Well.....That's what ya got to be smoking in order to even consider driving a crapwagon!!!!:gomer: :laugh: :gomer: :laugh: :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
04-25-03, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by RacinM3
. . . .

I and others always say this race (the I500) is just another race. Far as I'm concerned Jeemy's occupying an open weekend in just another race. Just like he did when he ran that taxicab race at the start of this year.

He did not sell out.

Just like he did when he drove in the Baja 1000. The guy just likes to race!

RaceChic
04-25-03, 12:51 PM
Jeeemy did not sell out. He was looking for a CART team to race with till the end. He never jumped over to the IRL in order to grab a ride. He waited and he's still with us.....:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: All good things come to those who wait!!!!:p :p :p

WickerBill
04-25-03, 04:36 PM
"All good things come to an end"

and

"Good things come to those who wait".

You mixed your metaphor. How embarassing. ;)

Don Quixote
04-25-03, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill
You mixed your metaphor. How embarassing. ;)
You can lead a gift horse to water, but don't let his nose into the tent. :confused:

WickerBill
04-25-03, 06:02 PM
Now that's grabbing the bull by the horns of a dilemma!

RaceChic
04-25-03, 08:36 PM
Aw shush up!!!! You know what I meant.........:confused: :cry: :confused: :cry: :confused: :cry: :confused:

Sean O'Gorman
04-25-03, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Well.....That's what ya got to be smoking in order to even consider driving a crapwagon!!!!:gomer: :laugh: :gomer: :laugh: :gomer:

Not to pour fuel on the oven here or anything, but the definition of pottage:

"pot·tage ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ptj)
n.
A thick soup or stew of vegetables and sometimes meat.
Archaic. Porridge. "

Man, that has to be some wierd stuff to smoke. ;)

Railbird
04-25-03, 10:26 PM
I'll be cheering for Yeeeemy from the top row of the NE vista.

Racers gotta race folks.

JLMannin
04-25-03, 11:19 PM
My entry to the bad metaphor contest: "I'm on the horns of an enema"

Rahal has indyitis, pure and simple. Jimmy wanted to do CART, but did not want to set idle the entire season. He set up the 500 deal months ago, as has already been mentioned. Too bad he is stuck in a Reynard without the Forsythe undertray.

RaceChic
04-26-03, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by SOG35
Not to pour fuel on the oven here or anything, but the definition of pottage:

"pot·tage ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ptj)
n.
A thick soup or stew of vegetables and sometimes meat.
Archaic. Porridge. "

Man, that has to be some wierd stuff to smoke. ;)

I was joking......... Man this is a tough crowd!!!! Did everyone declare this the official
"Pick-On-RaceChic Day" :confused: :confused: :confused::p

Cam
04-26-03, 11:24 AM
I was joking......... Man this is a tough crowd!!!! Did everyone declare this the official
"Pick-On-RaceChic Day" :confused: :confused: :confused::p

No.... But now that you mention it, today is as a good a day as any! :D

cart7
04-26-03, 12:01 PM
originally posted by Railbird
I'll be cheering for Yeeeemy from the top row of the NE vista.

Yep, at least there's been someone to cheer for the last few years

Juan and Jeemy in 00
MA,Jimmy,Bruno in 01
MA, Dario, Jeemy and PT last year
Jeemy this year.

Kate
04-27-03, 09:03 AM
Vasser is the only one to sell out this year (and YES, he is selling credibility to the enemy by joining their show; believe it or not, to most people it DOES make a difference.) Had he been able to resist the urge to be the camel's nose under the tent, the collective back-turning by CWS drivers would be complete.

Thanks, Jimmy, for putting yourself ahead of the series that made you what you are today. Aren't you proud to be ranked up thee with the likes of Mikey Andretti?

Ziggy
04-27-03, 09:13 AM
Newsflash

Vasser has been doing the Indy 500 since 1999. He would be what I consider, an IRL regular in reguards to the "500". Just like Arie, Raul,etc.

Ziggy

RaceChic
04-27-03, 09:17 AM
Thanks, Jimmy, for putting yourself ahead of the series that made you what you are today. Aren't you proud to be ranked up thee with the likes of Mikey Andretti?

Sorry. Don't agree in this case. He had the ride for the Indy500 lined up already way before he had a permanent seat in a series. He never jumed on a crapwagon ride. He held out for a CART ride.
That doesn't make him a sell-out to me......:D :D :D
Of course it would be ideal if he never drove the Indy500 at all, but oh well......

And see...... I didn't put in any metaphors for anyone to pick on!!!!!:p :p

Hot Rod Otis
04-27-03, 09:24 AM
:rolleyes: Give me a break. Vasser a sellout?:rolleyes: Jimmy's been a loyal C^RT soldier since the beginning of this whole mess. Just because he one-offs the 500 doesn't make him a sellout.:mad:
I'm glad he's going. I'll be rooting for Jimmy from high up in the North Vista (I'll wave to Railbird). Does that make me a sellout too?

:rolleyes:

RaceChic
04-27-03, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Hot Rod Otis
:rolleyes: Give me a break. Vasser a sellout?:rolleyes: Jimmy's been a loyal C^RT soldier since the beginning of this whole mess. Just because he one-offs the 500 doesn't make him a sellout.:mad:
I'm glad he's going. I'll be rooting for Jimmy from high up in the North Vista (I'll wave to Railbird). Does that make me a sellout too?

Cool, I'll be in the NE Vista also. (Is that what you meant to say?)
Lizzerd is there too. Wave to me also!! We should have a gathering.... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

cart7
04-27-03, 10:12 AM
Ok, 'bird, Hotrod, Racerchic, you guys start the wave and I'll pick it up over in J stand. :D

JSR
04-27-03, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by cart7
Ok, 'bird, Hotrod, Racerchic, you guys start the wave and I'll pick it up over in J stand. :D

Don't leave out us paddock folk. :D

Hot Rod Otis
04-27-03, 12:34 PM
Cool, I'll be in the NE Vista also. (Is that what you meant to say?)
Lizzerd is there too. Wave to me also!! We should have a gathering.... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm in the North Vista Chic. Sec 38, which is close to the NE Vista ( I think). Look for me, I should be easy to spot, I'll be the one wearing a hat.

JSR
04-27-03, 12:47 PM
I'm in the North Vista Chic. Sec 38, which is close to the NE Vista ( I think). Look for me, I should be easy to spot, I'll be the one wearing a hat.

:D

RaceChic
04-27-03, 01:42 PM

I'll be in section 31. I should be able to easily find you then!!!!
You should be able to easily find me too. I'll be the girl sitting there.

I think Lizzerd is in Section J. I could be wrong.

I smell a gathering... What do ya say OC gang?????? Where Lizzerd stays on the Saturday night? Camp David International by the huge flag pole???? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lizzerd
04-27-03, 04:00 PM
I'm in Section 27 of North Vista Row GG, which is very close to NW Vista. I'll be the (only) one in a CART shirt cheering Jeemy on. I'm in J for USGP, Chic.

About camping, not real sure yet. My brother is coming with his buddy and I'm not sure they are keen on the idea. But if I do camp, it will be near the Camp David flagpole.

cart7
04-27-03, 07:11 PM
I'm in J stand, sect. 25. Row Z. We'll have to arrange a meeting. I'll be up to the track on Saturday around noon. I usually park in the Coke lot on race day. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
04-27-03, 08:15 PM
Sellouts, all of you!!! :D