PDA

View Full Version : Winter

KLang
01-12-07, 12:26 PM
Those 'complaining' about the warm winter weather will have something else to complain about. Looks like winter is arriving to the rest of the country. Predicted highs next week in Houston are 40's. Low's below freezing. Brrrr.

Wheel-Nut
01-12-07, 12:37 PM
Possible freezing precip. Monday and Tuesday :thumbup: I need to stock up on basic staples this weekend. Bacon and beer!!

RHR_Fan
01-12-07, 12:56 PM
They're predicting highs to be in the mid-teens for the beginning of next week. Guess I'll have to get used to cold weather again. At least it's happening gradually instead of being 40 one day and 14 the next.

~Nicole

extramundane
01-12-07, 01:08 PM
Those 'complaining' about the warm winter weather will have something else to complain about. Looks like winter is arriving to the rest of the country. Predicted highs next week in Houston are 40's. Low's below freezing. Brrrr.

Send some of that this way. Highs in the 50s & 60s (with a 73 on Monday) for the next 2 weeks. Eff that! Half the reason I went to work for a school was for the snow days!

cameraman
01-12-07, 01:51 PM
Highs around 10°F, lows around -10°F.

Bleah.

The next couple of days are going to suck. If I wanted Minnesota weather I'd move back.

G.
01-12-07, 02:06 PM
Predicted highs next week in Houston are 40's. Low's below freezing. Brrrr.They gonna shut down the city?:p

Ankf00
01-12-07, 03:00 PM
going to freeze here this weekend, frozen precip too. house is so old there's no insulation, just cedar plank double walls, hooray :gomer:

KLang
01-12-07, 03:44 PM
They gonna shut down the city?:p

If we see any actual ice on the roads I sure hope so. People around here are nuts on dry pavement. :irked:

racermike
01-12-07, 11:25 PM
We had snow wednesday and thursday in Southern Oregon.

Was pretty icy out this morning, all through town, until the sun came out and dried things out a little bit.

Supposed to get down to 10-14 degrees tonight

oddlycalm
01-13-07, 06:49 AM
Yup, it's January. I predict we'll have team coverage of of the cold air from every media outlet for a month. Because it never gets cold in January...:gomer:

Last week we had team coverage of the snowflake with all manner of breathless commentary. You would have thought we had a storm like the recent one in Colorado with four foot deep snow, but what we actually had was a skiff of snow that made the morning commute slippery. The roads were bone dry by noon.

oc

KLang
01-14-07, 05:53 PM
Yikes, CNN is reporting some areas of Oklahoma have as much as 2 inches of ICE on the ground. :eek:

race chica
01-14-07, 07:13 PM
They're predicting highs to be in the mid-teens for the beginning of next week. Guess I'll have to get used to cold weather again. At least it's happening gradually instead of being 40 one day and 14 the next.

~Nicole

In DC its looks like it will be the high of 41 and low of 5 in one day! Thought that temp changes like that were a thing of the past. Crazy weather !

Ankf00
01-14-07, 07:25 PM
it is ****ing cold.

Twisty Bits
01-14-07, 07:28 PM
going to freeze here this weekend, frozen precip too. house is so old there's no insulation, just cedar plank double walls, hooray :gomer:

No insulation? Where do you live?

Ankf00
01-14-07, 07:33 PM
A house from 1920. :tony:

cameraman
01-14-07, 08:32 PM
In an adobe brick house built in 1886 in Utah. Nothing but 8 inches of baked mud between inside and outside. 3/4 of the walls have a layer of horsehair plaster slathered over the brick, one wall is exposed brick. At least I got about r50 in the roof...:shakehead

extramundane
01-14-07, 08:58 PM
In DC its looks like it will be the high of 41 and low of 5 in one day!

Seriously? DC's only 90 miles north, and we're barely gonna have 41 for a low the next few days.