PDA

View Full Version : IPS Comeback?

NismoZ
01-11-07, 03:12 PM
After losing champion Jay Howard to Formula Atlantic the IPS series has announced more road racing, a $4 million purse, and entries now from Penske and Rahal as well as AGR, Ganassi and Panther. Now where did they get the idea that shoring up the feeder series would be good for The League?

G.
01-11-07, 03:18 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/34737/Sammy Hagar told 'em!

Spicoli
01-11-07, 05:09 PM

Awesome. Another Gene Simmons no paying "spanser". lmfao.

maybe fTG wrote another check.

love,

CarMelo.:laugh:

extramundane
01-11-07, 05:12 PM

Jon Lewis is involved too? I'll be surprised if this ever makes it off the ground.

trauma1
01-11-07, 05:30 PM
no matter how much they try to dress the pig it's still fugly:rofl: :shakehead

SurfaceUnits
01-11-07, 10:39 PM
^^^^werd from Cave-in:

Question: Is there any potential job offers in the IRL for the last two Pro Series champs, Wade Cunningham and Jay Howard? It seems like someone should take a chance. They have pretty solid resumes. It sure doesn't help the feeder system when the champs can't get promoted. (Bill, Indianapolis).

Answer: Sure, they have solid resumes, but most of those in the IndyCar Series don’t believe the Pro Series is teaching drivers how to drive their cars.

mapguy
01-12-07, 06:53 AM
$4 mil? I can be the next Paul Dana.

NismoZ
01-12-07, 12:29 PM
Caveman is correct. That's why I was so disappointed to see Howard taken to IPS last year instead of Atlantics. I hope it wasn't a wasted year but I was a little surprised Jay didn't dominate more than he did. I will be VERY interested to see how well he does this season. I'm certain a few CC owners are as well.:)

pchall
01-12-07, 05:04 PM
Gotta love their PR skills:

“I cannot explain how honored and proud I am to have Sammy as my partner,” Lewis said. “I had the honor of promoting Cabo Wabo tequila on our American Le Mans prototype in 2003. Sammy’s a true rocker and so full of energy. He loves the excitement of racing, and we’re going to carry over that excitement to our race operation.”

So, your IPS racing team isn't exciting in and of itself?

NismoZ
01-12-07, 05:38 PM
Well...one guy caught me. Jay Howard isn't signed to race in Atlantics or ChampCar for anyone (as far as I know) but he tested with Forsythe in December and did pretty well as I recall but I haven't heard anything since. Most people I talk to think FCR will run 2 cars in CC but it will take a pretty substantial ride-buy. That sounds more like a Jos Verstippen than Jay Howard. So...no, Howard isn't signed for Atlantics but I'll stand by the part about CC team owners watching how he does.:) MY confusion, dd...I must have been thinking "J" Hildebrand. He IS signed and like Howard was a FF-Zetec champ. (but there are still 14 TBAs on the Atlantic site.)

SurfaceUnits
01-12-07, 09:43 PM
How can you 'come back' when you've never been:confused:

NismoZ
01-13-07, 12:31 PM
Exactly...I meant it more as a "comeback in reply to" actions taken by CC with Atlantics.:) As usual...just copy the competition.