PDA

View Full Version : RM wish list

G.
01-10-07, 02:06 PM
There are some good ones there.

*** I want Boris Said to win the Daytona 500 on the last lap by spinning out a NASCAR biggie.

*** I want to see Lewis Hamilton win a Formula One race.

*** I don't want to hear any NASCAR announcer refer to somebody running 16th as "having a great run" under penalty of death.

*** I want A.J. Allmendinger to call up Gerry Forsythe halfway through June, admit he made a judgment error, ask for his ride back and start winning again.

*** I want SPEED to give myself and Ed Hinton a weekly 30-minute show so we can piss off everyone in North American motorsports.

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/34708/?page=1

devilmaster
01-10-07, 02:29 PM
Good list, but this caught my eye.....

http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/medium/127790_miller.jpg

I never realized that David Martinez was that old and ugly lookin ;)

sry robin (if you ever read this) :)

TKGAngel
01-10-07, 02:55 PM
*** I want SPEED to give myself and Ed Hinton a weekly 30-minute show so we can piss off everyone in North American motorsports.

Alright, is RM lurking here? Wasn't his lack of a radio show talked about the other day in the pressdog thread?

I would love for Boris Said to win a NASCAR race. He deserves it, and you know he would enjoy the win, rather than piss and moan about things not going his way even though he won the race (Mark Martin I'm looking at you) .

Spicoli
01-10-07, 04:00 PM
Alright, is RM lurking here? Wasn't his lack of a radio show talked about the other day in the pressdog thread?

I would love for Boris Said to win a NASCAR race. He deserves it, and you know he would enjoy the win, rather than piss and moan about things not going his way even though he won the race (Mark Martin I'm looking at you) .

his radio program was on some broked ass am pos station. i thinked the only folks lissenin was thru the innerwebs. :laugh:

he is hated more than dan quayle in indy.

Elmo T
01-10-07, 04:36 PM
he is hated more than dan quayle in indy.

A badge of honor? ;)

NismoZ
01-10-07, 05:49 PM
:thumbup: ...must be saying the right stuff, then!

Wally
01-10-07, 06:40 PM
Hard to argue with any of them......:thumbup:

FCYTravis
01-11-07, 12:14 AM
*** I want to see Alex Gurney and Jon Fogarty win the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

:rofl: :D :cool:

SurfaceUnits
01-11-07, 03:12 AM
Ed Hinton loves all thing mindy

Year in Racin Awards

Golden Ball-Peen Hammer

To ABC-ESPN, for knocking some sense into Indy Racing League founder Tony George's head by guaranteeing, with a five-year TV contract, that rival Champ Car isn't going away anytime soon. So the scion of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway family isn't going to get what he really wants: a stake through the heart of what's left of once-proud CART. Either he starts negotiating (rather than pretending to) or maybe it's his league that goes away after all.

Least Productive Win

Sam Hornish Jr.'s last-second victory in the Indianapolis 500 was hard-earned and well-deserved, but he just lacks charisma and name recognition. The driver he beat at the flag, third-generation prodigy Marco Andretti, 19, would have provided an enormous infusion of pizzazz and publicity to help the grand old race recover from its decade in the doldrums.

David O. Selznick Citation

To Michael Andretti. The flamboyant Hollywood producer paired Vivian Leigh and Clark Gable to get a tempest-tossed film called Gone with the Wind out of trouble. Now, for 2007, Andretti gives the Indy Racing League its last best hope to gain some star appeal by teaming son Marco Andretti with the IRL's only household name, Danica Patrick. The IRL's image, and indeed its whole future, may hinge on whether those two win.

Salesman of the Year

F1 czar Bernie Ecclestone, who actually convinced Indy's Tony George to extend the U.S. Grand Prix contract beyond 2006, despite the absence of a single public act of contrition for the USGP debacle of 2005.

chop456
01-11-07, 11:54 AM
Ed Hinton loves all thing mindy

Not all things.

Still a 2nd-rate race, by George
The Speedway boss is to blame for the long open-wheel racing rift
By Ed Hinton

May 26, 2006

INDIANAPOLIS -- What is billed as "the 90th Indianapolis 500" will be run Sunday. I'm still waiting for the 80th.

The last world-renowned one was the 79th in 1995, which Jacques Villeneuve won just before he set off to Europe to become a world champion in Formula One.

Every running since then has been makeshift.

That is the truth, regardless of the marketing and public relations spin of the hirelings of the capricious crown prince of Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Tony George, who bosses this American institution with no credentials other than inheritance.

Simply put, he has muffed it, monumentally, for precisely a decade now....

The rest of the article can be found Here (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/chicagotribune/advancedsearch.html) for a fee. Sorry.

pchall
01-11-07, 05:05 PM
What Miller needs:

*** A free pizza in Broadripple. A ******* at any price. A Month of May worth reporting.

Anteater
01-15-07, 03:35 PM
I liked this one:

" *** I want to hear Cristiano da Matta doing his impersonation of a NASCAR spotter."

I want to hear that, too! :D