PDA

View Full Version : OC NFL Playoffs thread

Pages : [1] 2

racermike
01-06-07, 12:52 AM
Figured I should start one, since nobody has not yet ...

My picks (one of them IS biased of course .. Seahawks)

Seahawks over Cowboys
Chiefs over Colts
Eagles over Giants
Patriots over Jets

btw .. word is, the Seahawks still are accepting walk-ons to try-out tomorrow morning for cornerbacks, so if you have da mad CB skillz, might wanna get Coach Holmgren on the line

greenie
01-06-07, 01:17 AM
I'm taking the points - KC, NJJ and NJG - laying them w/Seattle.

WickerBill
01-06-07, 07:52 AM
Patsies
Colts
Giants
Seahawks

FTG
01-06-07, 09:28 AM
Cowboys are the only underdog to win. The one thing they can do is throw the ball and the one thing the Seahawks will struggle with is coverage.

(If I'm wrong, I'll blame the rain.)

Sean O'Gorman
01-06-07, 10:42 AM
Seahawks
Chiefs
Eagles
Jets

My pick is Ravens winning the whole thing over the Saints.

Insomniac
01-06-07, 11:29 AM
The Manning brothers will be knocked out this weekend. :) Sorry, Archie, they choke, but are still better QBs than you ever were.

Spicoli
01-06-07, 11:32 AM
Free Club level tickies for me today!

:D

I like it that they bring YOU your beer. :p

Ankf00
01-06-07, 01:33 PM
Cowboys are the only underdog to win.

why? did someone teach Roy how to tackle or cover a WR during the past week?

racermike
01-06-07, 01:46 PM
why? did someone teach Roy how to tackle or cover a WR during the past week?

Everyone is talkin about how the cowboys can exploit the Hawks D, but the Hawks have just as good, if not better chance, of shredding apart the cowboys D.

Shawn is Healthy, and thats gonna help the Hawks spread the offense out.

Stu
01-06-07, 07:03 PM
Free Club level tickies for me today!

I like it that they bring YOU your beer. :p

Just like with the wife at home!

racermike
01-07-07, 12:58 AM
Wow ... just wow .................

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6852/hawkswinzp4.jpg

Ankf00
01-07-07, 01:06 AM
Tony Romo, Roy Williams, Pro Bowlers... :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

what a joke

racermike
01-07-07, 02:08 AM
[JOHN FACENDA VOICE]"The game, once in the fingertips of the Cowboys, slid away, like so many shifting sands of a Pacific Northwest beach; the fair, crisp-scented pine needles of a steadfast Washington evergreen; or the smooth, elusive slipperiness of 35 shimmering painkillers falling, through the hands of a wide receiver, with a distinct familiarity. "[/JOHN FACENDA VOICE]

:tony: :tony: :tony:

rabbit
01-07-07, 02:25 AM
Romo will never be able to criticize a receiver for dropping a pass again. :eek:

Easy
01-07-07, 04:21 AM
http://www.monkeyknifefighting.com/own/romowned3.jpg

racermike
01-07-07, 06:39 AM
Here is Divisional Playoff schedule for next weekend (before this weeks sunday wild-card games)

Per NFL.com (all times Eastern):

Divisional Playoffs
Saturday, January 13
4:30 p.m. on CBS -- Indianapolis Colts (13-4) at Baltimore Ravens (13-3)

8 p.m. on FOX -- Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) or Seattle Seahawks (10-7)
at New Orleans Saints (10-6)

Sunday, January 14
1:00 on FOX -- Seattle Seahawks (10-7) or New York Giants (8-8)
at Chicago Bears (13-3)

4:30 on CBS -- New England Patriots (12-4) or New York Jets (10-6)
at San Diego Chargers (14-2)

WickerBill
01-07-07, 09:03 AM
The Manning brothers will be knocked out this weekend. :)

Bzzzt. Here's a lovely parting gift!

;)

chop456
01-07-07, 09:20 AM
The Bears, having already beaten both of their possible opponents during the regular season, will no doubt lose on the second attempt. :tony:

WickerBill
01-07-07, 10:25 AM
Oh, by the way, everyone get ready for a week of "Colts going back to Baltimore", "Baltimore/Colts" crap.

Baltimore doesn't like the Irsays! News flash!

Spicoli
01-07-07, 10:59 AM
Colts win!

that was fun.:D

racermike
01-07-07, 03:45 PM
Jets seem to be holding their own in this early game against the Pats

Cam
01-07-07, 05:14 PM

Good grief! Now we have to put up with Bradys smarmy grin another week. :rolleyes:

rabbit
01-07-07, 06:49 PM
Jeremy Shockey's antics can get a little old sometimes, but he is displaying some serious stones in this game. :eek:

greenie
01-07-07, 07:22 PM
Here is Divisional Playoff schedule for next weekend (before this weeks sunday wild-card games)

Per NFL.com (all times Eastern):

Divisional Playoffs
Saturday, January 13
4:30 p.m. on CBS -- Indianapolis Colts (13-4) at Baltimore Ravens (13-3)

8 p.m. on FOX -- Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) or Seattle Seahawks (10-7)
at New Orleans Saints (10-6)

Sunday, January 14
1:00 on FOX -- Seattle Seahawks (10-7) or New York Giants (8-8)
at Chicago Bears (13-3)

4:30 on CBS -- New England Patriots (12-4) or New York Jets (10-6)
at San Diego Chargers (14-2)

That is interesting b/c it gives the Saints an advantage (potentially) in facing Philly - if they win - off of a short week. I'm surprised that the League didn't wait until Sunday's games ended.

Insomniac
01-07-07, 07:44 PM
Bzzzt. Here's a lovely parting gift!

;)

Eli still hasn't finished killing the Giants. :) And how stupid of me to think Herm wouldn't screw that up. Made the Indy D look like studs.

Insomniac
01-07-07, 07:45 PM

Courtesy of Artrell Hawkins not playing his responsibility. :)

Insomniac
01-07-07, 07:47 PM
Good grief! Now we have to put up with Bradys smarmy grin another week. :rolleyes:

Glad Indyites hate Brady as much as the rest of us hate Manning. Although you hate him for winning and we hate Manning because everyone gushes over the eternal choker. :)

Insomniac
01-07-07, 07:49 PM
That is interesting b/c it gives the Saints an advantage (potentially) in facing Philly - if they win - off of a short week. I'm surprised that the League didn't wait until Sunday's games ended.

Baltimore and SD had the biggest advantage since one of them were going to know their opponent by mid-day yesterday and the other could drop one of the teams they started scouting/preparing for already.

greenie
01-07-07, 08:17 PM
Baltimore and SD had the biggest advantage since one of them were going to know their opponent by mid-day yesterday and the other could drop one of the teams they started scouting/preparing for already.

That's true, but it happened as a result of on the field action at least - not b/c of the scheduling whims of the NFL.

WickerBill
01-07-07, 09:06 PM
Well hey, I got 3 of 4, that ain't bad.

And trust me, you don't have to love Peyton to hate Brady. Lots of us think they're both smarmy jerks.

racermike
01-08-07, 01:31 AM
Brady has the rings, Manning has the hype

chop456
01-08-07, 02:38 AM
Click---> Brady (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ufwukWgKfI) :laugh:

Ankf00
01-08-07, 10:35 AM
Brady has the rings, Manning has the hype

and the seahawks have The Boz :gomer:

Ankf00
01-08-07, 11:15 AM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r51/eli3373/pam-romo.jpg

Insomniac
01-08-07, 11:22 AM
Click---> Brady (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ufwukWgKfI) :laugh:

That's funny every time. :)

IlliniRacer
01-08-07, 12:00 PM
In cased you missed it Saturday. Here's what happened. . . . kinda :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z56vLyOVBZ4&eurl=

G.
01-08-07, 04:48 PM
Da Bears!

(one and done, is my guess.)

rabbit
01-08-07, 07:23 PM
This just in:

"Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones announced today that he has persuaded Leon Lett to come out of retirement to replace Tony Romo as the team's kick holder."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/06-06/0620gaffe_lett.jpg

Film at 11.

dando
01-08-07, 08:19 PM
Courtesy of Artrell Hawkins not playing his responsibility. :)

'trell = burnt toast. No idea how this dude still has a job in the NFL. Dude lost his job on the Bungles. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-08-07, 11:38 PM
'trell = burnt toast. No idea how this dude still has a job in the NFL. Dude lost his job on the Bungles. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Seriously, not because I'm a Pats fan, he's been pretty good. If I'm not mistaken he was a CB. Last year he took over at SS after the Pats tried 5 other guys after Harrison went down. This year he has played both SS and mostly FS. He's not the fastest guy (I think he's 30) but he's a good tackler and hard hitter. Cotchery made a good play on that one. Artrell went in and took a bad angle and he was gone. I'm sure he was on rthe street for a reason though.

WickerBill
01-09-07, 05:38 AM
I'm sure he was on rthe street for a reason though.

Didn't live up to the Bengals high moral standard?

Hard Driver
01-09-07, 02:16 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/MOGEMBJHMICJ/PHI_NYG03_1014_DH.jpg

Next....

Insomniac
01-10-07, 09:56 AM
Didn't live up to the Bengals high moral standard?

Hehehe

Insomniac
01-10-07, 09:57 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/MOGEMBJHMICJ/PHI_NYG03_1014_DH.jpg

Next....

One Manning down...

Insomniac
01-10-07, 09:58 AM
Has it been a while since all the top seeds won on wild card weekend?

Also, anyone else here just not care about the NFC as much. I don't know if it's because they're the late game last weekend or what, but I just can't pay as much attention.

Ankf00
01-10-07, 10:42 AM
the NFC almost sucks as bad as Oklahoma.

almost

Andrew Longman
01-10-07, 11:17 AM

Next....

Once again the Eagles screw the Giants. Looks like they didn't beat the Giants badly enough to get Coughlin fired. Still hoping though.

Wheel-Nut
01-10-07, 12:10 PM
This just in:

"Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones announced today that he has persuaded Leon Lett to come out of retirement to replace Tony Romo as the team's kick holder."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/06-06/0620gaffe_lett.jpg

Film at 11.

That was great!! I won $625 because Leon couldn't hold onto the ball!!!

Spicoli
01-10-07, 12:29 PM
Peyton already choked, right?

Wheel-Nut
01-10-07, 01:26 PM
Tony romo on Ebay . . . . :laugh:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DALLAS-TONY-ROMO-CUSTOM-MCFARLANE-NFL-PLAYOFFS-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ170068363064QQihZ007QQcategoryZ489 78QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

racermike
01-10-07, 02:11 PM
According to a press release from NBC, Saturday's Seahawks-Cowboys game was the highest-rated wild-card game in NFL history. The network said that 26.7 million viewers watched the game.

Insomniac
01-10-07, 03:14 PM
Peyton already choked, right?

Maybe, but Herm choked more.

WickerBill
01-13-07, 09:09 PM
The Manning brothers will be knocked out this weekend.

Do I have to give you another lovely parting gift this week? :)

Wheel-Nut
01-13-07, 09:39 PM
What did her shirt say? Do what to da Eagles? :laugh:

Re: Saints vs. Eagles

rabbit
01-14-07, 12:57 AM

And that was a replay! :rofl: Can't believe the FOX censors didn't catch that. What seven-second delay?

Spicoli
01-14-07, 05:52 PM
Bears.

G.
01-14-07, 05:59 PM
Da Bears!:thumbup:

I thought they'd lose. I was wrong.

Rex brought his "B" game, did pretty well.

Teams seemed to have figured out the Bears D pretty well.

That Anderson guy is a freakin Tank! I'm not sure why they didn't just give him the ball every down.

It was a really good game.

Spicoli
01-14-07, 06:57 PM
I sure as **** hope that the Pats win cause if they do I get to go to the AFC Champ game here in Indy. San Diego's not a convenient drive. :gomer:

EDwardo
01-14-07, 09:22 PM
Maybe, but Herm choked more.

Maybe, but Marty choked even more..........:rofl:

racermike
01-14-07, 09:26 PM
Always next year for my Hawks. At least they didnt go down without a fight.

AND

Martyball, loses AGAIN in the playoffs. Again, he changes his playoff gameplan, and comes out a loser.

TravelGal
01-14-07, 09:32 PM
Always next year for my Hawks. At least they didnt go down without a fight.

AND

Martyball, loses AGAIN in the playoffs. Again, he changes his playoff gameplan, and comes out a loser.

Uh, Mike, did you watch the game? It wasn't Martyball that killed the Chargers. The Chargers killed the Chargers. Those two personal fouls for unsportsmanlike, two or was it three (or four) unconscionable bobbles and turnovers. It was a mess.

Spicoli
01-14-07, 09:33 PM
I sure as **** hope that the Pats win cause if they do I get to go to the AFC Champ game here in Indy. San Diego's not a convenient drive. :gomer:

Next Sunday - 6pm indianapolis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hard Driver
01-14-07, 10:48 PM

And they did. Or maybe the Eagles did it to themselves.

With a 2nd and 1 at the 3 yard line, they can't get make a first down. :(
They get a false start after converting a 4th and 10.:(
Then they decide to Punt as the time is running out instead of going for it. Sure 4th and 15 is hard, but it is better than loosing after punting it away.:(

Insomniac
01-15-07, 10:01 AM
SD/NE, when it was done, wow. That was a lot of things falling into place for NE to come back from 8 down. The NE offense really was letting the defense down there. Of course, now Manning will finally play well this week.

Spicoli
01-21-07, 07:14 PM
Bears to the Superbowl!

Colts up next. That would be cool. :cool:

WickerBill
01-21-07, 07:21 PM
I take it you didn't make it to the game....

G.
01-21-07, 07:22 PM
Da Bears!

(one and done, is my guess.)This is why I don't participate in oc football pools.:laugh:

Da Bears!

Hope it's the Colts. It'd make the board funner.

Ed_Severson
01-21-07, 07:23 PM
[Ed McMahon]YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!![/Ed McMahon]

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2007/0121/nfl_u_jones_412.jpg

SteveH
01-21-07, 08:10 PM
An oldie but goodie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ1ryCgzDn8)

rabbit
01-21-07, 11:17 PM
How 'bout them Colts!

Great game. :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
01-21-07, 11:20 PM
**** YOU TOM BRADY.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ed_Severson
01-21-07, 11:25 PM
Hrmmm ..... that was, uh,

****ING AWESOME! :rofl:

Gonna be an interesting couple weeks around the homestead, though ...

Ankf00
01-21-07, 11:33 PM
i guess god doesnt hate peyton anymore

Ed_Severson
01-21-07, 11:36 PM
i guess god doesnt hate peyton anymore

Nah, it was never that to begin with. Indy just had to go into Baltimore and beat the Ravens to break the Franchise Relocation curse. They did, and now they're allowed to win things.

Cam
01-21-07, 11:46 PM
Nah, it was never that to begin with. Indy just had to go into Baltimore and beat the Ravens to break the Franchise Relocation curse. They did, and now they're allowed to win things.

:thumbup:

Spicoli
01-21-07, 11:57 PM
I take it you didn't make it to the game....

says who? http://www.freewebdesign.be/smileys/images/medium/medium-smiley-147.gif

Ankf00
01-22-07, 12:48 AM

good point, but Peyton's curse was on display before he came to the NFL

skaven
01-22-07, 01:17 AM
What a great season for hatin' on the Big10. :gomer: :flame:

Two SEC QB's make it to the Superbowl and two Big10 QB's get sent home. I actually like Brees a lot, but had to go for the flawed Gator Rextasy. :thumbup:

It's hard rooting for a Volunteer, but that's much better than Tom (Michigan deserves a rematch for the national title) Brady. Maybe if he had thown to a Gator on the last drive, he might not have gotten picked off. :\

coolhand
01-22-07, 03:10 AM
Rex has to be one of the worst Super Bowl QBs i can remember

nrc
01-22-07, 03:32 AM

Two SEC QB's make it to the Superbowl and two Big10 QB's get sent home. I actually like Brees a lot, but had to go for the flawed Gator Rextasy.

It's hard rooting for a Volunteer, but that's much better than Tom (Michigan deserves a rematch for the national title) Brady. Maybe if he had thown to a Gator on the last drive, he might not have gotten picked off. :\

Did you strain anything making that stretch? :rolleyes:

WickerBill
01-22-07, 08:04 AM
says who?

Errr, well, you posted about 20 minutes before kickoff... seems unlikely you're surfing OC on a smartphone during introductions, but what do I know?

Insomniac... another lovely parting gift coming your way....

:)

Spicoli
01-22-07, 08:52 AM
Errr, well, you posted about 20 minutes before kickoff... seems unlikely you're surfing OC on a smartphone during introductions, but what do I know?

You're right, I didnt go. I would have had the opportunity arisen. Buds who have those awesome Club Seats decided to, um, take their wives. :\ :laugh:

Interesting dilemma one of them has now:

1. Company Execs going to Telluride for their already planned, annual ski trip deal. Only about 10 top people get to go with about 10 top clients from around the world flying in for it.

2. Superbowl. Yep he has tickets.

WWYD? Tough call.:saywhat:

chop456
01-22-07, 09:03 AM
Doesn't seem like a tough call if he actually likes football.

Insomniac
01-22-07, 09:44 AM

Insomniac... another lovely parting gift coming your way....

:)

Congratulations to all the Colts fans. Down 21-3, came back and finished off the Patriots. Never thought I'd see the day the Patriots blew that kind of lead. Not much else to say but that was a great victory.

I'll still be rooting for the Bears. ;)

skaven
01-22-07, 11:18 AM
Did you strain anything making that stretch? :rolleyes:

Nothing out of the ordinary... ie., nothing a few hours of research couldn't handle. Thanks for asking though. :o

I learned some fascinating stuff: like did you know that New Orleans had NO Gators on their team? Reggie Bush is so fast, I thought he'd have to be from the SEC 'cuz Badger keeps telling us how fast we are. But no, he's from way out west in a fancy house that some boosters bought. :shocking:

I'll pick the Bears to win the Superbowl cuz Peyton never, ever beat the Gators. However, if he plays like he's in the Citrus Bowl (the granddaddy of bowls for Vols), they might stand a chance. :gomer:

Gangrel
01-22-07, 11:48 AM
Hey Spico! I got an Eli's cheesecake and a Giardano's pizza that says the Bears win. What do you have down there?

And no, I won't accept 497.5 tickets. :p

chop456
01-22-07, 12:14 PM
Giardano's pizza

Never heard of it. Is that a new place? ;)

Spickly only likes pizza from places where he can yell at parking attendants. :D

Andrew Longman
01-22-07, 12:20 PM
Rex has to be one of the worst Super Bowl QBs i can remember

Trent Dilfer,

Honorable Mention: David Woodley, Stan Humphries, Neil ODonnell, Vince Ferragamo

Gangrel
01-22-07, 12:56 PM

Spickly only likes pizza from places where he can yell at parking attendants. :D

Well...I could have offered one from Uno, but I wanted this to be an authentic Chicago-style pizza, not some deep dish crap. :D

I guess I could go real authentic and put one from Aurelios on the line....

Al Czervik
01-22-07, 01:01 PM
Hey Spico! I got an Eli's cheesecake and a Giardano's pizza that says the Bears win. What do you have down there?

Not to derail a football thread into a pizza thread, but...

http://www.loumalnatis.com/

And if the Bears play like they did yesterday, the Colts are in for a beating.

Insomniac
01-22-07, 02:16 PM

Two SEC QB's make it to the Superbowl and two Big10 QB's get sent home. I actually like Brees a lot, but had to go for the flawed Gator Rextasy. :thumbup:

Right...

Let's see, Patriots have 4 Gators receivers. Kight was inactive. Chad Jackson, despite being a top of the 2nd round pick and the 2nd receiver drafted had 13 receptions all year and played in 2 snaps yesterday. Caldwell drops a wide open touchdown. Then drops another wide open pass. Yeah, anyone whose a Gator is awesome. NE was brilliant letting the stiffs from Louisville and ND go...

Insomniac
01-22-07, 02:17 PM
Trent Dilfer,

Honorable Mention: David Woodley, Stan Humphries, Neil ODonnell, Vince Ferragamo

How do you leave Ben Roethlisberger off the list?

Andrew Longman
01-22-07, 02:41 PM
How do you leave Ben Roethlisberger off the list?

He surely had the worst Super Bowl of any winning QB, but he was a #1 draft pick and otherwise has (until this year) a pretty good career going.

Jury is still out on him for at least one more year.

Brad Johnson is another one on the cusp. Longevity work in his favor, but he is decidedly mediocre

chop456
01-22-07, 03:00 PM
Well...I could have offered one from Uno, but I wanted this to be an authentic Chicago-style pizza, not some deep dish crap. :D

I guess I could go real authentic and put one from Aurelios on the line....

I was only making fun of your spelling. :D

I like Aurelio's too, though I've only been to the one in Downers Grove.

Gangrel
01-22-07, 03:21 PM
I was only making fun of your spelling. :D

I like Aurelio's too, though I've only been to the one in Downers Grove.

Have to bear with me here...upper respiratory infection has cut off blood flow to my brain. :P

I haven't been to an Aurelio's that I didn't like, but they are all different. My understanding is that each of the restaurants is owned and managed by a different family memember, and each has his/her own recipe.

Main thing is....it never ceases to irritate me how many people buy that Chicago pizza is deep dish hook, line and sinker. Deep dish was a New York import, and Uno is not a traditional Chicago pizzaria. Big, thin crust pizza with spicy sauce, italian sausage, and greasy mozarella cheese, cut into squares, not wedges. That is a Chicago pizza, and there is no taste in the world quite like it. ;)

skaven
01-22-07, 04:36 PM
Right...

Let's see, Patriots have 4 Gators receivers. Kight was inactive. Chad Jackson, despite being a top of the 2nd round pick and the 2nd receiver drafted had 13 receptions all year and played in 2 snaps yesterday. Caldwell drops a wide open touchdown. Then drops another wide open pass. Yeah, anyone whose a Gator is awesome. NE was brilliant letting the stiffs from Louisville and ND go...

Oh come on... can't you see that I'm on a cloud after winning ,,, the ,,, National ,,, Championship? :gomer:

Let's not let reality get in the way of some good ole Big 10 bashing. :rofl:

How 'bout we just agree to root for the Bears? :cool:

Sean O'Gorman
01-22-07, 04:54 PM
Hey skaven I notice all the teams that won are located right in the heart of Big Ten country. :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

Insomniac
01-22-07, 05:09 PM
Oh come on... can't you see that I'm on a cloud after winning ,,, the ,,, National ,,, Championship? :gomer:

Let's not let reality get in the way of some good ole Big 10 bashing. :rofl:

How 'bout we just agree to root for the Bears? :cool:

I'm with ya on the Bears. Just wanted to point out the Gators didn't help the Patriots. ;)

Spicoli
01-22-07, 06:34 PM

Spickly only likes pizza from places where he can yell at LONG HAIRED DREADLOCK DOPESMOKIN KNOW-IT-ALL SLACKER parking attendants. :D

fixed.

Spicoli
01-22-07, 06:36 PM

How about lunch with Defender, or a season pass to SmackForum.