PDA

View Full Version : Robin Miller's Q&A on pressdog

pressdog
01-04-07, 12:18 PM
Robin represents on everything from Tony to Young Marco.

Check out the exclusive Q&A!

Robin Miller goes on the record with the p-dog (http://www.pressdog.com)

RichK
01-04-07, 12:42 PM
Great interview! :thumbup:

Good to know that Robin is a BiF fan, too.

Cam
01-04-07, 01:05 PM
The Truth! :thumbup: :(

jonovision_man
01-04-07, 02:26 PM
Good stuff pressdog. :)

jono

nrc
01-04-07, 02:29 PM
Clearly you're a lackey of the running dog imperialist Tony George haters. :p

NismoZ
01-04-07, 03:20 PM
Smartest comment: Bring back Lingner. Been on my CC wish list for a long time.

pressdog
01-05-07, 11:11 AM
Love him or hate him, I give Robin props for having an opinion and sticking with it. I sometimes agree with him and sometimes don't, but I always find what he has to say interesting and worth considering.

apex
01-05-07, 12:03 PM
Love him or hate him, I give Robin props for having an opinion and sticking with it. I sometimes agree with him and sometimes don't, but I always find what he has to say interesting and worth considering.
It was good interview...Robin is somewhat of an enigma for me! On the one hand he seems to be a staunch supporter of CC and isn't afraid to volley just criticism at the IRL on many fronts, but other the other hand, he doesn't seem to be able to let go of IMS like most CC fans have done years ago. I get the feeling reading his work that he truly believes open wheel and CC can't survive without INDY. I think he has let his love for the race get in the way of his objectivity. :rolleyes:

CC doesn't need the I500, the I500 needs CC though!;)

TU Homer
01-05-07, 12:07 PM
It was good interview...Robin is somewhat of an enigma for me! On the one hand he seems to be a staunch supporter of CC and isn't afraid to volley just criticism at the IRL on many fronts, but other the other hand, he doesn't seem to be able to let go of IMS like most CC fans have done years ago. I get the feeling reading his work that he truly believes open wheel and CC can't survive without INDY. I think he has let his love for the race get in the way of his objectivity. :rolleyes:

CC doesn't need the I500, the I500 needs CC though!;)

Robin is as Indy as it gets. I think he truly resents TG for messing with Indy. He sees Indy as greater than TG and his little sanction. Funny, that's my opinion too. TG fu(ked with MY Indy500, turning it into a cheap facsimile called IRL500.

As for Robin, he needs a weekly talkshow on radio. Let him rant for an hour.

-TU

apex
01-05-07, 12:08 PM
Well one thing about Robin, he can be funny at times, so a weekly talk show probably would be good for him provided it is not on Speed.

pressdog
01-05-07, 03:21 PM
Robin is as Indy as it gets. I think he truly resents TG for messing with Indy. He sees Indy as greater than TG and his little sanction. Funny, that's my opinion too. TG fu(ked with MY Indy500, turning it into a cheap facsimile called IRL500.

-TU

I think you're right about Robin's love of the Indy 500 and his resentment over the changes wrought by the split. Even if he only covered CC, I think he best serves the sport by speaking truth to power, calling the league when they do insane stuff. You know, speak up for the fans and look out for their interests.

Spicoli
01-05-07, 03:49 PM

-TU

i agree.:thumbup:

Cam
01-05-07, 04:09 PM

-TU

Take a walk down memory lane. The Truth (http://www.pccruisers.com/thetruth.May17-04.mp3) :)

ferrarigod
01-05-07, 06:12 PM
Take a walk down memory lane. The Truth (http://www.pccruisers.com/thetruth.May17-04.mp3) :)

Man I miss that show. Funny episode.

formulaben
01-06-07, 02:10 AM
Well one thing about Robin, he can be funny at times, so a weekly talk show probably would be good for him provided it is not on Speed.
Why is that?! If you're referring to Klink and Burkhalter then yeah, that would be nice to have that (meaning, it probably wouldn't/couldn't happen on TV.)

Man I miss that show. Funny episode.
Me too. Million thanks again to Cam for setting it up for "podcast" so that I could listen in. Oh, how I wish he had a new show!!!

TU Homer
01-07-07, 11:12 AM
Why is that?! If you're referring to Klink and Burkhalter then yeah, that would be nice to have that (meaning, it probably wouldn't/couldn't happen on TV.)

Me too. Million thanks again to Cam for setting it up for "podcast" so that I could listen in. Oh, how I wish he had a new show!!!

Does Speedtv have a channel on either XM or Sirius? If so, they need to get RM on at least one 2-hour show per week. They also NEED to give him a racing magazine show at least 1-hour per week on Speed television.

-TU

pchall
01-07-07, 11:28 AM
RM is still the best reporter in motorsports. That's probably why I want to kick his butt half the time he's on air. :p

extramundane
01-07-07, 01:07 PM
Does Speedtv have a channel on either XM or Sirius?

At this point, no. Supposedly the XM folks are looking to continue their motorsports coverage even after losing NASCAR to Sirius (hence the AGR Gomerradio Honda Buttkiss Comedy Hour & Revue), but I'm thinking Robert Clarke & Co wouldn't much care to have their lovefest pissed on by Miller.

TU Homer
01-08-07, 02:18 AM
At this point, no. Supposedly the XM folks are looking to continue their motorsports coverage even after losing NASCAR to Sirius (hence the AGR Gomerradio Honda Buttkiss Comedy Hour & Revue), but I'm thinking Robert Clarke & Co wouldn't much care to have their lovefest pissed on by Miller.

What's the AGR show like? Anyone have a podcast I can grab? Just wanting to see the wreck as I slowly drive by....

-TU

extramundane
01-08-07, 12:30 PM
What's the AGR show like? Anyone have a podcast I can grab? Just wanting to see the wreck as I slowly drive by....

I don't think it's debuted yet, but it appears to be a self-congratulatory circle-jerk showcasing the vibrant personality that is Bryan Herta. :rolleyes: