PDA

View Full Version : Tub Wars: Ganassi vs. AGR

Turn7
04-24-03, 11:28 AM
What is the current count of destroyed cars for each of these teams?
Anybody have a clue?

devilmaster
04-24-03, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Turn7
What is the current count of destroyed cars for each of these teams?
Anybody have a clue?

on that, no..........but

How many more races to go? :eek:

Steve

Wheel-Nut
04-24-03, 11:47 AM
Just for Motegi

Ganassi -2

AGR -1

They all got away from Homestead clean but Phoenix was costly.

AGR 1 win, 1 accident and 1 gearbox failure.

Ganassi 1 accident and 1 gearbox.

While I don't know if the tubs were damaged in the accidents, the teams still have to fork out money to get the cars fixed. So far this season has been expensive for both of the teams.

Joe in LA
04-24-03, 11:49 AM
To be fair, you have to adjust for AGR's 3 drivers vs Ganassi having only two. But, given that Chip is still ahead on the raw score, it doesn't look like much of a contest. The real question is how many times will Greg Ray wreck during the 500.

sundaydriver
04-24-03, 12:15 PM
I'd be interested to know what how much money has been spent on new equipment (including tubs) this year for the Crapwagons.

Chief
04-24-03, 12:18 PM
I don't know but Barry Green's looking pretty good right about now, and it's still APRIL!

Napoleon
04-24-03, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Joe in LA
The real question is how many times will Greg Ray wreck during the 500.

I bet he goes for the trifecta this time.

Wheel-Nut
04-25-03, 09:53 AM
Chalk up another one to Ganassi, sounds like Tomas took the corners off of it.

LINK (http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=025952)

RacinM3
04-25-03, 12:37 PM
I hate talk of accidents in such an unimportant manner. I have a bad feeling about Indy and it's qualifying/practice sessions this year. A real bad feeling.

pchall
04-25-03, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by RacinM3
I hate talk of accidents in such an unimportant manner. I have a bad feeling about Indy and it's qualifying/practice sessions this year. A real bad feeling.

We all share a sense of foreboding this year. That accounts for all the gallows' humor.

Wheel-Nut
04-25-03, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by RacinM3

I am not making fun of the accidents. Each and all are serious. I just think Ganassi and AGR have had something go wrong quite a bit this year.

I too feel something bad is going to happen at indy this year. I hope I am way off on this one.:(

cartmanoz
04-30-03, 03:07 AM
I just hope everyone survives. Walking away will probably be another matter however.

BlueStang
04-30-03, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by cartmanoz
I just hope everyone survives. Walking away will probably be another matter however.

Well, while there have been some notible injuries so far this year, it sounds as if there have been a few accidents where drivers walked away that might have been a lot worse in years past. The most recent practice mishaps by Brack and, in particular, Tomas S., come to mind. Even Mario has stated his doubts about Tomas's health had his incident happened just a couple of years ago (pre-SAFER).

I am also worried, though. Considering how bad some of the crashes have looked, I think they've been lucky there has not been a more-serious injury. I thought for sure that Gil had left us at Phoenix.

I think a few of the drivers need to have their heads removed from their posterior orfices before this Sunday.

Blue

JLMannin
04-30-03, 12:26 PM
You can either build safe cars or put band-aids on the walls. The IRL has chosen band-aids, but only at tracks with wider media exposure.

Band-aids at indy = less severe injuries
No band-aids at Motegi = many fractures and concussions