PDA

View Full Version : $210 million to go away

spinner26
01-03-07, 02:27 PM
WTF! :saywhat: I need one of these gig's

Nardelli resigns from Home Depot: Bob Nardelli abruptly resigned Wednesday as chairman and chief executive of The Home Depot Inc. after a six-year tenure that saw the world's largest home improvement store chain post big profits but left investors disheartened by poor stock performance. Nardelli has also been under fire by investors for his hefty pay and is leaving with a severance package valued at about $210 million. http://jayski.com/teams/20.htm

Audi_A4
01-03-07, 02:56 PM
I will quit my job for half that amount

Cam
01-03-07, 03:06 PM
I will quit my job for half that amount

I would quit my job for 1 mill! Oh wait I can't. I got let go this morning. :cry:

Gangrel
01-03-07, 03:16 PM
I would quit my job for 1 mill! Oh wait I can't. I got let go this morning. :cry:

Sorry to hear Cam....that really sucks....

'tis the season...

What line of work are you in?

Cam
01-03-07, 03:49 PM
Sorry to hear Cam....that really sucks....

'tis the season...

What line of work are you in?

I am not that shook up over it... I saw it coming, that light at the end of the tunnel was a train but I knew that. ;) I work in land development (I actually do a lot more than just that like run the computers as well). Market around here has gone south the past 6 months. I have been showing up and twiddling my thumbs.

pfc_m_drake
01-03-07, 04:26 PM
Sorry to that Cam, that sucks big time. Hope things work out for you soon!

Spicoli
01-03-07, 04:39 PM
I am not that shook up over it... I saw it coming, that light at the end of the tunnel was a train but I knew that. ;) I work in land development (I actually do a lot more than just that like run the computers as well). Market around here has gone south the past 6 months. I have been showing up and twiddling my thumbs.

might I suggest you start drinking right away.

NismoZ
01-03-07, 07:22 PM
Yeah, the land around me just about QUIT developing! Prices and deals have really improved though...except for what I can get for MY crummy little ranch! Funny how that works. Buyer's market? Sellers market? Always seem to be screwed one way or the other. Lots of newly paved, near-empty subdivisions to exercize the Z on Sunday mornings however.;)

Andrew Longman
01-03-07, 08:20 PM
Good luck Cam.

I've was shown the door by a new CEO in August. Coincidentally, about 5 minutes ago I got an email from a recruiter that says he thinks he'll have good news for me in the morning. (I'm pretty screwed at this point if he doesn't)

PM me if you want any fresh perspectives on working the job market.

Cam
01-03-07, 09:11 PM
Good luck Cam.

I've was shown the door by a new CEO in August. Coincidentally, about 5 minutes ago I got an email from a recruiter that says he thinks he'll have good news for me in the morning. (I'm pretty screwed at this point if he doesn't)

PM me if you want any fresh perspectives on working the job market.

Thanks Andrew...

Coincidentally I threw my resume at a company last week because a mate of mine that works for them said to. They got it yesterday and are ready to call me in for an interview already. My resume is very short and to the point. Maybe that does work. :)

pfc_m_drake
01-03-07, 09:47 PM
I'm a big believer in short resumes. Occasionally I'll be asked to review a resume of a prospective candidate at the company I work for, and it kind of irks me when the thing is pages (e.g. more than 2) long. To me that's kind of a sign that you might lack the ability to summarize the important points.

Case in point: Right before Christmas I was asked to look at one...It was 3 pages long consisting of what looked mostly like 6-8 point font with maybe some 9-10 point here and there. They asked me what I thought of him. In the spirit of the holiday season my response was "Good grief Charlie Brown."

cart7
01-04-07, 06:25 AM
Lost my job last August, was hired within 24 hours by a competing company at more pay than I ever would've recieved at the other job. Now the other place looks like it's getting ready to tank........ I feel sorry for those guys that didn't get fired like me. :laugh:

NismoZ
01-04-07, 12:19 PM
You'd have loved my resume, then. Would've fit on a note card. A small one. Two jobs, 64.899 years but 24 of those were simultaneous. Only worry about being let go was calling in "sick" on race weekends that didn't fall within vacation times. I certainly went the conservative route but was never unemployed and was offered eary buyouts on both. My big worry now? Taxes! Looking at the Cumberland Plateau. Keep at it, guys:thumbup:

B3RACER1a
01-04-07, 07:33 PM
cart7,

Would you also be known as the "R/C God"?

B3RACER1a
01-04-07, 07:37 PM
Ok, cart7 you are not the "R/C God". I just asked him. But, he lives right by I-55 Speedway, does the same work as you, was fired back in August, and was rehired at a better company right away.

WEIRD!! :rofl:

Cam
01-04-07, 07:57 PM
:saywhat: Looks like I had new job the day before I was let go.... Go figure.

cameraman
01-04-07, 08:03 PM
Rusport is hiring. You don't often see job openings listed on the team web site.

Sean O'Gorman
01-04-07, 08:25 PM
I'm in the unsual position of being underpaid (by about $5,000 a year, and being one of only 6 employees in the company's claims department not eligible for the company-wide bonus that is going to end up being around 25% of salary) within my company, all for reasons not related to my work performance. But at the same time, I apparently am overpaid for my position in the industry in general, especially when you consider that I work for one of the few insurance companies that still has a 9-5 M-F work schedule. So I guess it all evens out. :saywhat: :thumbup: