PDA

View Full Version : New ChampCar Entry?

NismoZ
12-31-06, 10:12 AM
Just for fun try www.aldofalla.com. They look nice!

Spicoli
12-31-06, 10:36 AM
There's a bl;urb on spyplanes about another new team. Anything there?

(please don;t respond with Stefan is looking at.......)

pchall
12-31-06, 11:06 AM
Look left and click on the Hylton Racing 2007 button for the good stuff.

BTW, Stephan Johansson is looking at ...

... his empty shop.

Don Quixote
12-31-06, 11:33 AM
Google car! :thumbup:

Indy
12-31-06, 11:58 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion...

NismoZ
12-31-06, 12:22 PM
Yeah, Dale Jarrett in the UPSDP01:)

Andrew Longman
12-31-06, 12:23 PM
Google car! :thumbup:

No kidding.

Actually they all are cool. So much unrealized potential.

Perhaps CC should take a page from NASCAR who is very particular about how the cars are presented. I suppose CC has rules about where the Ford logo goes and such, but just has fewer series/associate sponsors to work with.

Its just that a grid full of fully and properly designed liveries is so much more impressive to fans and potential sponsors. The design, decals and paint isn't the expensive part of sponsorship so CC should do more than the Sherwin Williams award to ensure all the cars look better. Maybe the series should offer up a common designer/design firm to help.

Remember the PacWest Cars?

NismoZ
12-31-06, 12:38 PM
Someone remind us!:)

NismoZ
12-31-06, 01:15 PM
And...Stefan's shop may be empty but rumor says he'll be named Brabham's teammate in Highcroft's LMP2 Acura.

pchall
12-31-06, 01:31 PM
And...Stefan's shop may be empty but rumor says he'll be named Brabham's teammate in Highcroft's LMP2 Acura.

I find it amazing how some really overripe guys can hang around forever in endurance sportscar racing. But those two will help Highcroft give Honda some bang for their development ¥en.

Andrew Longman
12-31-06, 01:52 PM
Someone remind us!:)

http://www.speed-world.net/lib_pics/progress/cws97_pacwest-18-team_01.jpg

Also the old Cal Wells/PPI cars

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyGWz.JdFzzgBNxCjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12jhledjj/EXP=1167673907/**http%3a//www.theautochannel.com/callahan/cart/images/madmax02.jpg

Spicoli
12-31-06, 02:07 PM
I find it amazing how some really overripe guys can hang around forever in endurance sportscar racing. But those two will help Highcroft give Honda some bang for their development ¥en.

Stefan goes thru alot of cars. Pedestrian cars. Something tells me they just take care of him in that fashion. :p

pchall
12-31-06, 07:35 PM
Over at the last sandbox Sillypony can crap in without much abuse he is demurely insisting Keith Hylton is making a serious effort to field a car. But that makes me wonder... didn't Hylton's company -- U.S. Print (or something like that) -- go into bankrupty and contribute Hoover Orsi not getting a Champ Car drive at the height of the troubles?

manic mechanic
01-01-07, 02:21 AM
...Keith Hylton is making a serious effort to field a car. But that makes me wonder... didn't Hylton's company -- U.S. Print (or something like that) -- go into bankrupty and contribute Hoover Orsi not getting a Champ Car drive at the height of the troubles?

From what I remember about that deal (outsider ears only), Dyson couldn't provide sponsor $$ because of the sportscar guy, Eureka wouldn't pony up for a sponsorship because of the limited downforce on the cars, and GM/Electrolux threatenend a class-action suit because the guys actually wanted to sponsor a REAL race car!!! :rofl: :rofl: :laugh:

You may have heard it here, but you still can't quote me on factuality!

Move over spyplanes, there's a new kid on the block!

manic :D

pchall
01-01-07, 08:47 AM
From what I remember about that deal (outsider ears only), Dyson couldn't provide sponsor $$ because of the sportscar guy, Eureka wouldn't pony up for a sponsorship because of the limited downforce on the cars, and GM/Electrolux threatenend a class-action suit because the guys actually wanted to sponsor a REAL race car!!! :rofl: :rofl: :laugh:

You may have heard it here, but you still can't quote me on factuality!

Move over spyplanes, there's a new kid on the block!

manic

Good one, Manic. At least you didn't say Hoover sucks. :D

Happy new year, to yah!

Hard Driver
01-03-07, 01:39 AM
Some good looking cars there. Hopefully the final liveries look that nice, or have those kind of sponsors.

cameraman
01-03-07, 11:15 PM
Over at the last sandbox Sillypony can crap in without much abuse he is demurely insisting Keith Hylton is making a serious effort to field a car. He is probably confused, it seems that James Hylton is getting a car ready for the Daytona 500 at the ripe old age of 72:eek: