PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

The Doctor
12-28-06, 08:25 PM
OK, I've had the Wii since the launch day, thanks to the concerted efforts of a friend of mine. And today, after downloading the Wii Internet Channel trial version (powered by Opera) and purchasing classic Super Mario Bros. using some Wii points in the Wii Shop Channel, I can now say I think I appreciate all the benefits of owning this system. Of course it doesn't have the graphics and the power of the PS3 or the 360, but it downright rocks. The games are a blast to play using the Wiimote and I've found myself more into this than perhaps any system prior. Anyone else out there own one, or thinking about getting one?

Tim
12-28-06, 09:38 PM
My girlfriend's cousin has one and I played it yesterday. The thing rocks. Playing the sports games might actually count for some exercise. If I ever have an extra $399 I'll get one for sure.

Gangrel
12-28-06, 11:27 PM
My girlfriend's cousin has one and I played it yesterday. The thing rocks. Playing the sports games might actually count for some exercise. If I ever have an extra $399 I'll get one for sure.

I got the chance to play with one over Xmas. Played the boxing game. By the time I was done, I was exhausted and my shoulders were killing me...and I have been teaching martial arts and fighting full contact for over a decade!

Seriously considering investing....

Insomniac
12-29-06, 01:01 AM

$400 including extra games and wiimotes? The system with Wii Sports is $250.

Insomniac
12-29-06, 01:03 AM
My brother brought his out for X-Mas. Definitely fun for everyone. I expect MS to add a web browser now. I wish Opera would hide the controls so pages can fill the screen, like youtube.

Rob
12-29-06, 07:13 PM
I played Wii Sports a few weeks ago with a bunch of people, and we loved it. The fun started at 7pm and was still going when I left at 2:30 in the morning. I had hoped to try golf, but we just did tennis and bowling. I especially enjoyed the bowling and marveled at how similar to real-life bowling it was.

Ankf00
12-29-06, 07:14 PM
WiiTennis FTW!

Insomniac
12-29-06, 08:22 PM
WiiTennis FTW!

The tennis practice is impossible.

The Doctor
12-29-06, 08:25 PM
The tennis practice is impossible.

Hitting that damn orange bar is ridiculous!

And what's everyone's Wii Sports age? The best I've gotten is 22, but I typically average about 30.

Tim
12-29-06, 09:49 PM
$400 including extra games and wiimotes? The system with Wii Sports is $250.

Yeah my bad. I had a brain lapse. I could afford it if I got rid of cable/Internet/electricity.