12-28-06, 03:15 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

WickerBill
12-28-06, 03:27 PM
They paid $126 million for Barry Zito.

Guess he gets to keep his house then?

Racing Truth
12-28-06, 03:28 PM
To explain, Corky's FAVORITE player is moving on. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2710389):laugh:

Somehow, I knew this thread was coming.;)

TKGAngel
12-28-06, 03:32 PM
He's made $18 mil so far in his career, and now he gets that much per year from the Giants? :saywhat:

Racing Truth
12-28-06, 03:38 PM
He's made $18 mil so far in his career, and now he gets that much per year from the Giants? :saywhat:

H=ll, If Gil Freaking Meche is worth $11mil/yr.:saywhat: in this market, then what did we expect?:irked:

Ankf00
12-28-06, 03:39 PM
its tough to top that arod business, but this comes close

nrc
12-28-06, 03:44 PM
They paid $126 million for Barry Zito.

Guess he gets to keep his house then?

Thanks for providing some content. Empty threads are so annoying.

Insomniac
12-28-06, 04:53 PM
its tough to top that arod business, but this comes close

BoSox and JD Drew FTW !

IlliniRacer
12-28-06, 06:32 PM
Makes Ted Lilly look like a steal :shakehead

Andrew Longman
12-28-06, 08:08 PM
Good. So long as he doesn't wind up with the Yanks

BTW, Did I ever mention Trevor is left handed, throws a mean curve and has natural movement on his fastball. In this market he might be my retirement plan:gomer:

devilmaster
12-28-06, 09:57 PM
So when's the next lockout going to happen? :confused:

Insomniac
12-29-06, 01:05 AM
So when's the next lockout going to happen? :confused:

They just signed a new deal through 2011.

jcollins28
12-29-06, 04:05 AM
I would have liked to have seen the Rangers make up for screwing up with him in the past. However, 18 MIL per season? I know the market is very high, but that contract is absurd. I'm not sure what's worse...the 7 years or the 18 MIL per year part! That's an awful lot of money though to give a guy, who lets that many runners on base, and doesn't get many double plays or ground ball outs.

trauma1
12-29-06, 10:31 AM
BoSox and JD Drew FTW !

what is the deal with Drew he flunked his physical for the BOSOX

There's some stuff in the medical reports that the team was not aware of," Gene Orza, chief operating officer of the Major League Baseball Players Association, said Tuesday. "It hasn't risen to the level of a dispute yet."

The Boston Globe reported on Tuesday that the team has concerns about the 31-year-old Drew's right shoulder, which was surgically repaired in September 2005. Former Dodgers general manager Paul DePodesta said at the time that he was aware of an arthritic condition in Drew's shoulder, just before signing the outfielder to a five-year, $55 million deal before the 2005 season

Insomniac
12-29-06, 12:37 PM
what is the deal with Drew he flunked his physical for the BOSOX

There's some stuff in the medical reports that the team was not aware of," Gene Orza, chief operating officer of the Major League Baseball Players Association, said Tuesday. "It hasn't risen to the level of a dispute yet."

The Boston Globe reported on Tuesday that the team has concerns about the 31-year-old Drew's right shoulder, which was surgically repaired in September 2005. Former Dodgers general manager Paul DePodesta said at the time that he was aware of an arthritic condition in Drew's shoulder, just before signing the outfielder to a five-year, $55 million deal before the 2005 season

I think the Sox were set to sign him, and then the media and fans just could not believe it and ripped the deal like crazy. They somehow lucked into him not passing the physical and now want a contract with a lot of protection. They got lucky for sure, but you can see how smart that front office is. Not that it took this to show it, they're the geniuses who blew up the 2004 team after winning the WS.