PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Rahal Quote

Andrew Longman
12-26-06, 02:44 PM
Latest Racer has a piece on the "reset" a RLR and contains a few interesting quotes. Sorry no link.

"The Champcar schedule is far better from a corporate standpoint, but the IRL has Indy"

"There are enough good things about either one (series) that can keep them going. In the end, its frustrating for the teams. We're their customers, and the customers aren't being listened to. That's unusual in any business these days."

"The minute there is one series and the resources are all behind one series that reflects that uniformity, then open-wheel guys will say there's no reason to go to NASCAR. There would be mass behind it, some momentum."

"It isn't happening because it doesn't have to happen, as long as you've got the situation that exists as it does"

I suspect he really means TG isn't listening.

formulaben
12-26-06, 03:00 PM
Uh, Booby Rahole, maybe it isn't happening because morons such as yourself continue to support the split. It's quite simple: foresake the IRL and it'll happen. Your actions as an ex-President of CART are disgusting. I'll support your son, but you'll never get anything but jeers from this fan. Go to hell.

Spicoli
12-26-06, 03:30 PM
Rahole just followed the money. didn;t expect otherwise did you?

And yes, everyone but fTG knows the split is stoopid; but wtf is that moron gonna do for a job besides play race car leaghue owner? :tony:

\money. its all about the benjamins.

Ziggy
12-26-06, 03:57 PM
Hey thanks for the thoughts Baldy

You stabbed your entire fan base in the back. You chose to join rather than fight. You took your team, and it's money to the Earl. You did OK for a time, even won a rain shortened Indy 500............ now it's morphed into running your teenage girlfriend, burying a ride buyer who floated your whole operation, and whoring out cars to drivers who could not carry your boots back in your day.

You get everything you deserve.

I hope you have another terrible season, and I will wish nothing but evil things on that spawn of yours

best reguards
Ziggy

pchall
12-26-06, 04:00 PM
"We're their customers, and the customers aren't being listened to. That's unusual in any business these days.""

How typical of Booby, assuming that he is the center of the universe. RLR is not a customer of the IRL nor of Honda. They are more of an independent contractor that participates in the sports entertainment business run by Tony George and which sells its services to the marketing efforts of Honda and the Ethanol Producers' Association. Team owners like Rahal have the whole deal assbackwards by forgetting that the fans are the customers of the series.

GOFAST1
12-26-06, 04:09 PM
Best quote: Does not have to happen.irl is there because of honda$$$ as training ground for nascar. When in nascar august date will be moved to may and irl will be a friday show.boby thank God that your son has his mothers good looks and brain.GO CHAMPCAR.

devilmaster
12-26-06, 04:28 PM
\money. its all about the benjamins.

Agreed, but problem is :tony: hasn't figgered out that 10% of a 500 million dollar pie is a whole lot better than 100% of a 25 million dollar pie.

Spicoli
12-26-06, 04:52 PM
Agreed, but problem is :tony: hasn't figgered out that 10% of a 500 million dollar pie is a whole lot better than 100% of a 25 million dollar pie.

tony is a big fish in a small pond.

I aliken it to a friend of mine who counseled Jimmy Irsay a couple years ago:

jimmy was pondering moving the Colts franchise to LA. Friend told him: "You're a big shot here in Indy. Out in LA, you're just another acshole in a Heli." :gomer:

point being - Tony gets his boots licked in Indy because he's dumbed down the thing so far that all that even matters to the casual fan is Indy. "I am Mindy" is prolly written for fTG personally, because this way you keep the boss happy AND you get paid.

Don;t kid yourself, He is insulated by yesmen and fools. All they want is to keep him happy so he keeps the checkbook open.:thumbup:

:flame:

doppelganger
12-26-06, 10:01 PM
Reading this thread is like stopping to look at a car wreck...you just can't help yourself.

As for Rahal...you took the money without caring about the fans. Any words coming from you are worthless. "The IRL has Indy." Who cares?