PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Danican't

SurfaceUnits
12-25-06, 06:36 PM
2006 Most OverRated - has danican't's name written all over it.

http://sports.aol.com/specials/2006_most_overrated

Combine the hype of Michael Shumacher with the victory total of...Hmmm, what's less than zero? That's danicle.

oddlycalm
12-25-06, 08:37 PM
Interesting and wrong that Bode Miller is leading this pole with 18% of the vote. How do you over rate someone who has on any given weekend is the guy to beat as well as world champion? The only thing he didn't do was perform like a trained seal for the network cameras at the Olympics, which seems to have left some of the belly scratchers on couches across North America peevish and bitter. :gomer:

oc

pchall
12-25-06, 08:46 PM
Dale Earnhardt, Jr. got my vote.

Spicoli
12-25-06, 08:54 PM
She's got more votes there than people who watch EARL - ALL SEASON LONG. :rofl:

Spicoli
12-25-06, 09:01 PM
Interesting and wrong that Bode Miller is leading this pole with 18% of the vote. How do you over rate someone who has on any given weekend is the guy to beat as well as world champion? The only thing he didn't do was perform like a trained seal for the network cameras at the Olympics, which seems to have left some of the belly scratchers on couches across North America peevish and bitter. :gomer:

oc

Bode's the real deal.:thumbup:

SurfaceUnits
12-25-06, 09:20 PM
Dale Earnhardt, Jr. got my vote.
Coming at you pc!
http://thumb7.webshots.net/t/64/164/6/8/71/484060871vecyPP_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1484060871065752727vecyPP)

yes those are beer cans flying in the air!!

coolhand
12-25-06, 09:32 PM
Bode does real well on the WC circuit, he did not do real bad in the Olympics, just not as good as the media hype

cameraman
12-26-06, 12:32 AM
Bode does real well on the WC circuit, he did not do real bad in the Olympics, just not as good as the media hype

Media hype he bought into, big time. If you are going to sell your soul for a ton of money as being the best trained seal in the world you had best bark on cue.

GOFAST1
12-26-06, 11:34 AM

oc

Agree!

Andrew Longman
12-26-06, 02:19 PM
Interesting list.

Randy Johnson isn't overrated. He was dominate in his time, but he's just old with a cranky back now. Maybe Steinbrenner overrated him, but most others haven't.

Danica is certainly overhyped, but her poor performance this year has a little to do with Rahal running the wrong chassis for half the year and otherwise doing a piss poor job.

The entire Colts team? That TFF :rofl:

DE? He's popular for a lot of reasons, but I doubt even his most faithful fans think he's the best driver out there.

Bode? Granted he's the best in the sport, but most Americans never heard of him until the Olympics and he failed to deliver on the hype when most people were paying attention.

Wei? Got my vote. I don't understand the fasination

Accipiter
12-27-06, 11:18 AM
In 2005, I'd give her the vote. But in 2006, who besieds series-paid commentators and IRL fanaticals rated her at all?

SurfaceUnits
12-27-06, 07:57 PM
Cavin casts his vote:

I think she’ll run better more consistently, but I still think it’s going to be difficult to win a race. Looking at this objectively, is she good enough to beat Hornish, Castroneves, Kanaan, Dario, Marco, Wheldon, Dixon, Meira and Scheckter … ALL IN THE SAME RACE? I think she’s talented, but I’m not sure she’s at that level.