PDA

View Full Version : Clarke Wants Minardi Ride

SurfaceUnits
12-23-06, 06:28 PM
Dan Clarke has revealed he wants one of the drives with the new Minardi Team USA as they prepare for their first Champ Car season.

Despite team boss Paul Stoddart targeting Jos Verstappen and Robert Doornbos for his driver line up, Clarke is making it known he is interested too.

The Brit raced for the team in their previous guise as CTE-Racing HVM during 2006 and wants to stay with the team in their re-branded state.

Speaking to Autosport Clarke said, "I haven't got a drive yet, but now the team have secured their future we can resume talks with [team boss] Keith Wiggins.

Stoddart confirmed his take over on Monday and announced the team will race three cars in 2007, which could mean there will be a drive for Clarke.

Clarke added, "At the end of the season, Keith said that he would like to keep me, but we've had to give him some space in the past month. Now we can get back on the phone."

Clarke said he's optimistic for the future now that Stoddart is involved.

"Keith knows how to run a team, he just doesn't have the money behind him to pump into it."

"I don't know the details but Paul wanted to get involved in Champ Car, so it's a pretty good deal all around."

chop456
12-23-06, 07:00 PM
Why wouldn't he?

SurfaceUnits
12-23-06, 07:31 PM
According to Louie, of huey duey and louie : Minardi ... Isn't that Italian for "rolling chicane"?

jonovision_man
12-23-06, 07:52 PM
Minardi ... Isn't that Italian for "rolling chicane"?

Sure was... in F1. In ChampCar I'm convinced it'll be Italian for "championship contender" in no time.

jono

NismoZ
12-23-06, 07:57 PM
Not to worry. I think Stoddart gets only one driver for '07 and it won't be Doornbos. Maybe Jos. If it will be a 3 car team then Clarke and Philippe should be back. All bets off for '08 however as any possible "deals" with CC will have expired. (?) Who knows, the kids might do so well that Minardi will want to retain them and the old guy might get bounced! (Then there'll be room for the next Atlantic champ and his 2 mil!:D )

theunions
12-24-06, 03:05 AM
Stoddart confirmed his take over on Monday and announced the team will race three cars in 2007

I don't recall him saying "will" in the teleconference - rather that it would be at least two, possibly three maximum, definitely not four as previously speculated.