PDA

View Full Version : Indy To Host U.S. GP In 2008?

Spicoli
12-22-06, 05:32 AM
http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=10286

Indianapolis Motor Speedway will likely host a round of the MotoGP World Championship in 2008, according to a number of sources, but it won’t replace the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Instead, for the first time ever, the U.S. will host two rounds of the championship.

:thumbup:

Warlock!
12-22-06, 08:44 AM
Cool. More money to keep the gears greased on the machine used for his personal vendetta against CART/Champcar.

:rolleyes:

RusH
12-22-06, 09:41 AM
I wonder how they are going to fix the Ralf Schumacher wall?:gomer:

duh...just read the whole thing...could work.

DagoFast
12-22-06, 11:13 AM
I'm all for the US hosting another round of MotoGP, but it should be at Barber Motorsports Park. IMS shouldnt even make the list.

Ankf00
12-22-06, 12:32 PM
is there enough run-off to do it safely? :saywhat:

oddlycalm
12-22-06, 02:47 PM
Since they are running counterclockwise they will probably put some sort of a chicane in before the turn 1 left hander. With bikes that would be no problem on a track that wide.

The real questions is WTF took so long? US riders have won 15 of the last 29 world championships. While I realize that Hayden had to beat Rossi to win the title, it's not like the FIM title is ever a cakewalk. We've only gotten the damn thing televised here the last few years, yet every time it's come to Laguna Seca it's been a sellout and a great show. US audiences will watch street thugs play roundball, French Canadians eat hockey pucks, but they aren't going to watch a US rider actually contest for the title on a bike that accelerates like a rocket ship compared to any race car they've ever seen....?

oc

Spicoli
12-22-06, 03:55 PM
Since they are running counterclockwise they will probably put some sort of a chicane in before the turn 1 left hander. With bikes that would be no problem on a track that wide.

The real questions is WTF took so long? US riders have won 15 of the last 29 world championships. While I realize that Hayden had to beat Rossi to win the title, it's not like the FIM title is ever a cakewalk. We've only gotten the damn thing televised here the last few years, yet every time it's come to Laguna Seca it's been a sellout and a great show. US audiences will watch street thugs play roundball, French Canadians eat hockey pucks, but they aren't going to watch a US rider actually contest for the title on a bike that accelerates like a rocket ship compared to any race car they've ever seen....?

oc

My thoughts exactly. This is going to be a great time.

Oh, and what took them so long? Well, fTG is in charge.......

emjaya
12-22-06, 11:16 PM

oc

Kenny, Freddie and Eddie have been asking that for years. :\ :)

Ziggy
12-23-06, 12:40 AM
I will be sure to watch for you on TV. Your liable to show up, if they ever focus on irrelevant douchebags wandering around like they know something