PDA

View Full Version : I need to wash my hands again

G.
12-21-06, 05:44 PM
and again, and again...

magic shrooms and OCD (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/psilocybin_study)

Study: Psilocybin relieves OCD symptoms Wed Dec 20, 7:41 PM ET

TUCSON, Ariz. - A preliminary study of the active ingredient in psychedelic mushrooms has found it is effective in relieving the symptoms of people suffering from severe obsessive compulsive disorder, a University of Arizona psychiatrist reports.

Dr. Francisco A. Moreno led the first FDA-approved clinical study of psilocybin since it was outlawed in 1970. The results of the small-scale study are published in the latest edition of the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry.

Moreno said the study's intent was only to test the safety of administering psilocybin to patients, and its effectiveness is still in doubt until a larger controlled study can be conducted.

But in each of the nine patients in the study, psilocybin completely removed symptoms of the disorder for a period of about four to 24 hours, with some remaining symptom-free for days, Moreno said.

more:

Indy
12-21-06, 09:57 PM
and again, and again...

magic shrooms and OCD (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/psilocybin_study)

more:

Where do I sign up for these studies? :D

oddlycalm
12-21-06, 10:10 PM
Psilocybin relieves OCD symptoms Great find G., another brilliant study in the obvious. I nominate this one for the 2005 Big Duh award. What a surprise to learn that when people are tripping and don't know who they are or where they are they don't remember to be obsessive. :laugh:

I'm waiting for BiF to weigh in with the findings of his study on the profound lack of anxiety among roadkilled animals. "Yup, that cat was always skittish around people until that truck run her over...." :gomer:

oc

Ankf00
12-21-06, 11:30 PM
I'm waiting for BiF to weigh in with the findings of his study on the profound lack of anxiety among roadkilled animals. "Yup, that cat was always skittish around people until that truck run her over...." :gomer:

oc

I have found that to avoid skittish behavior, do not under any circumstances attempt to bind a kitten's rear legs with shoelace, and then only manage to tie one leg, and then have the kitten chase that shoelace tied to its one rear leg for the rest of the evening.

My research team still awaits the results of their study of this "truck" phenomenon you speak of, however.

:D

TKGAngel
12-22-06, 07:12 AM
I have found that to avoid skittish behavior, do not under any circumstances attempt to bind a kitten's rear legs with shoelace, and then only manage to tie one leg, and then have the kitten chase that shoelace tied to its one rear leg for the rest of the evening. :D

So, why were you trying to bind a kitten's legs with a shoelace?

Ankf00
12-22-06, 11:55 AM
why ask why? :)

(...and I wasn't the one.)