PDA

View Full Version : Notice to All H8RS : PJ is BACK!!!!!!

SurfaceUnits
12-20-06, 05:38 PM
Fernandez Nearing Deal to Run Chesson

It's not signed and sealed, but it appears Adrian Fernandez is back in the Indy Racing League with P.J. Chesson.

"There's a lot of paperwork flying around and it looks like a legitimate multi-year deal with a solid sponsor," said Tom Anderson, the co-owner of Fernandez Racing. "I'd say right now it's about 75-25 it's going to happen."

Because of longtime sponsor Delphi's uncertainty, Scott Sharp taking his new sponsor to Bobby Rahal and Kosuke Matsuura moving the Panasonic money to Panther Racing, Fernandez was forced to lay off 25 employees and shut down the Indy-car operation two months ago. The team had a Honda ALMS deal for 2007 but no plans for Indy cars until recently.

"Actually, Gene Simmons and Richard Abramson brought the deal to the IRL in conjunction with Just Marketing and, because of the demographics of the sponsor, they decided P.J. Chesson was their man," said Anderson.

"They were kind enough to contact us and we're hoping to get this thing finalized. We've still got all our cars and equipment and I've been talking on the phone with some of the guys we had to let go and told them 'It's getting closer.'"

Chesson, the only bona-fide American short-track sprint driver in last year's Indianapolis 500 besides Ed Carpenter, competed in the first four IRL shows of '06 before Hemelgarn Racing closed its doors when a supposed sponsorship deal with NBA star Carmelo Anthony dissolved.

That deal was also brokered by rock & roll icon Simmons, the official spokesman for the IRL whose marketing company has partnered with Tony George's series to try and develop sponsorships.

devilmaster
12-20-06, 05:44 PM
Chesson, the only bona-fide American short-track sprint driver in last year's Indianapolis 500 besides Ed Carpenter

Wow. I don't know what to say to that comment.

You can look at it from 2 angles:

1st - the old lie about how Tony was saving Indy for American short trackers; or

2nd - that apparently, those two are the best American short tracks have to offer....

neither is appealing. :irked:

cameraman
12-20-06, 05:47 PM
because of the demographics of the sponsor, they decided P.J. Chesson was their man

Who markets to the talentless pondscum demographic?

Steve99
12-20-06, 06:04 PM
This will go as well as Gene's last success:

Hemelgarn Racing closed its doors when a supposed sponsorship deal with NBA star Carmelo Anthony dissolved

Spicoli
12-20-06, 06:33 PM
This is awesome news. I mean this is really just too cool. Mad skills.

http://i14.tinypic.com/40njak7.jpg

****ing TonyTard GoBilly NoTalentHavin L000000ser.... :gomer:

formulaben
12-20-06, 10:39 PM
Now they can get 'Melo back with sponsorship from Don King...:tony:

chop456
12-21-06, 03:05 AM
http://i14.tinypic.com/40njak7.jpg

He looks happy. It's good to see that he's turned things around since that public restroom indecency rap in L.A.

Choose Life! :thumbup:

diamond dave
12-21-06, 09:47 AM
I wonder if he is going to get a
Viva Mexico tatoo?:laugh:

Tim
12-21-06, 11:34 PM
You should see the guy's myspace page.

JT265
12-21-06, 11:49 PM
You should see the guy's myspace page.

Actually.....no. But you and Sean can report back to us if you like. :p

SurfaceUnits
01-11-07, 10:51 PM
Who markets to the talentless pondscum demographic?
sponsorship for Chesson is 360 OTC, the headache medicine company

Easy
01-12-07, 11:28 AM
I'm super glad Champ Car doesn't have any guys like this. Unshaven, model-banging, ultra-rich kids are so unappealing.

cameraman
01-12-07, 01:38 PM
Not a very nice thing to say about Nelson.
There is a difference in level of class. Nelson has it, PJC doesn't.

Spicoli
01-12-07, 03:17 PM
I'm super glad Champ Car doesn't have any guys like this. Unshaven, model-banging, ultra-rich kids are so unappealing.

**** you and your hate.:thumdown:

Easy
01-12-07, 03:40 PM
Not a very nice thing to say about Nelson.
There is a difference in level of class. Nelson has it, PJC doesn't.

Nelson is a much more gracious man than PJ. I haven't been his biggest fan but he impressed after Surfer's. Plus he doesn't blow up rubbers on his face.

Indy
01-12-07, 08:48 PM
They just keep throwing up softballs, don't they?