PDA

View Full Version : Christmas shopping

RaceGrrl
12-20-06, 11:49 AM
Well, for the first time in years, I finished with my shopping two weeks before Christmas. Other than little things that I'm picking up for people I've forgotten, I'm done. This year I think I did about 50% of the shopping online, and most of the rest of it on Black Friday.

Just wondering how the rest of you did. (Except Chop... he's waiting until Sunday. )

KLang
12-20-06, 11:59 AM
I may pick up one more item for my wife if I'm dumb enough to brave the mall at lunch on Friday. :eek:

Otherwise I'm done. I do most of mine online if I can.

grungex
12-20-06, 12:17 PM
I did mine almost completely online, was basically done by 12/1. I couldn't believe it myself.

Wheel-Nut
12-20-06, 12:19 PM
I'll start today!! Actually my wife does most of the shopping, I just need to buy her a gift and pick up something for my father in law and one more thing for my youngest boy.

RaceGrrl
12-20-06, 02:28 PM
Wheel Nut, that doesn't even count as shopping since your wife did all of the rest of it! ;)

Joelski
12-20-06, 02:28 PM
I've got three days.

ferrarigod
12-20-06, 02:38 PM
just have to pick up some cologne for my grandpa and we're ready to go. the rests of the gifts are either in transit or sitting at my moms house waiting to be wrapped. Except for my sisters Mercedes license plate surround metal thingy, all was bought online.:thumbup:

chop456
12-20-06, 02:54 PM
(Except Chop... he's waiting until Sunday. )

You don't know how right you are. :laugh:

I ordered the wife's from Amazon on Sunday, the kids don't need any more useless crap than what the wife already bought them and anyone else will get a gift card, most likely purchased Saturday or Sunday.

ChampcarShark
12-20-06, 02:56 PM
I got 4 days to get it done. Most stores now open on the 24th now a days. :D

cameraman
12-24-06, 12:40 PM
Ya done yet?

racermike
12-24-06, 01:02 PM
I finished mine yesterday.

Round 1 was Black Friday
Round 2 was Amazon.com
Round 3 was small shops in Grants Pass on the 23rd.

Took everything to a gal that does awesome gift wrapping for $2 per package, and had all the gifts wrapped SO good. (I completely suck at wrapping gifts, and usually get pissed off sometime during the process)

cameraman
12-24-06, 01:09 PM
Went shopping Saturday. The stores were empty - not empty of stock, there were no shoppers:confused: . The store owners were not happy but it sure made it easy for me.

oddlycalm
12-24-06, 04:38 PM
100% online and finished by the middle of the month. My favorite find this year was the Deathbot Roach Coach Tshirt from Giant Robot. Not the thing for mom or dad...

My only appearance at an actual store this season was to shop for the food yesterday.

oc

KLang
12-24-06, 05:01 PM
I did run into one problem with online shopping this year. I ordered one of these for my wife:

http://www.plowhearth.com/plow_assets/images/shop/catalog/50591.jpg

She's really into these fountain things. Anyway, it showed up last week and the box was HUGE and heavy. It was all I could do to just drag it through the front door. No way to hide it, let alone consider trying to wrap it. The outside of the box was marked with what was inside. :irked: I ended up just saying Merry Christmas, might as well open the box now. Had to make a quick trip Friday noon to a jewelry store to get her something else I could stick under the tree.