PDA

View Full Version : Mario's Big Wreck!!

Gurneyflap
04-23-03, 08:45 PM
At end of session. Ran over debris from Brack hitting the wall...got airborne, I mean REALLY airborne, did TWO flips, landed on all fours and hit the wall. VERY frightening....and he WALKED AWAY! Thank GOD!!

RaceChic
04-23-03, 09:04 PM
Anyone have a link to an online video replay???? :gomer:

RaceChic
04-23-03, 09:20 PM
Never mind.............:gomer: :gomer: :gomer: Video On Mario's Crash (http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/7/037961-4177-092.html)

RTKar
04-23-03, 09:28 PM
It's being shown on ESPN news too. A very scary wreck.

Railbird
04-23-03, 09:37 PM
He'll be ready to go opening day.

"Hey Michael, roll another one of those ugly SOBs out" (not a real quote although it sounds about right)

Some folks are cut from a little different cloth.

Railbird
04-23-03, 10:05 PM
Some real quotes from the guy that saved Elkhart Lake:

"It was so instantaneous,” Andretti said of the accident. “Debris was still moving on the track, so it’s not like the accident had been there for a second or two. I figured I’d get a tow from Kenny and put a big number up and instead, there he was. Something must have happened to his car. I’m very blessed. The man upstairs has been taking care of me for so many years, I can’t see him giving up now."

“We didn’t want to end the day like this, but I don’t think it was anyone’s fault. It’s just one of those things"

pchall
04-23-03, 10:40 PM
Mario, oh Mario.

Go home to DeeDee now.

I couldn't bear to lose you this way now.

RaceChic
04-23-03, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by pchall
I couldn't bear to lose you this way now.

My sentiments exactly. I don't feel comfortable with this one little bit. :shakehead :cry: :shakehead

Railbird
04-23-03, 11:05 PM
Mario apparently is comfortable with it.

Of course when you've graduated from sprint cars with no cages to Chapman's death traps you might have a little different out look.

pchall
04-23-03, 11:20 PM
Screw the 60s fatalism about this sport. I have lost drivers I have admired for almost forty years.

rabbit
04-24-03, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by pchall
Mario, oh Mario.

Go home to DeeDee now.

I couldn't bear to lose you this way now. Please! I have idolized you since I was eight years old. The only thing I want to see you die from is old, old age.

oddlycalm
04-24-03, 04:37 AM
Quite a ride, eh? Reminded me of the Benz that went over at LeMans a few years back. Glad Mario is OK.

Elmo T
04-24-03, 08:00 AM
Truly scary...

Did you see the safety truck he went sailing past :eek: :eek: . I bet they got an eye full...

cartmanoz
04-30-03, 03:00 AM
I have yet to see the video but it sounds like a nasty incident. Glad to see he's okay.