PDA

View Full Version : Question

apex
12-19-06, 01:07 PM
What does the black dot beside the yellow flag on the "ownership announcement Monday" thread signify?:confused:

Opposite Lock
12-19-06, 01:12 PM
What does the black dot beside the yellow flag on the "ownership announcement Monday" thread signify?:confused:

That someone named apex posted in it? :)

RusH
12-19-06, 01:15 PM
Champwebers:shakehead

:D

WickerBill
12-19-06, 02:36 PM
The dot indicates you have participated in that thread. It is an easy way to keep track of where you've been. It is especially helpful for the really old people here, like me.

apex
12-19-06, 03:49 PM
Champwebers:shakehead

:D

Very funny Rush, but you know us champweber's do have a sense of humour !;) :D

apex
12-19-06, 03:54 PM
The dot indicates you have participated in that thread. It is an easy way to keep track of where you've been. It is especially helpful for the really old people here, like me.

Since there is no Forum legend that points this out it was perplexing to a new member like myself. I understand now, thanks for the explanation wickerbill!:)

Insomniac
12-19-06, 05:13 PM
Since there is no Forum legend that points this out it was perplexing to a new member like myself. I understand now, thanks for the explanation wickerbill!:)

I think most begin to figure it out when they post more. You notice them on all the threads you've been posting/following.

nrc
12-19-06, 05:55 PM

I think that's my fault. I stripped out the default legend because I thought it made the page look cluttered. Don't remember whether it was there in past versions or whether I was just duplicating what we had before.

In any case, I figured that it would either be evident over time or people would ask. :)

Sean O'Gorman
12-19-06, 06:49 PM
A flag with no dot means you haven't posted in it, a flag with a dot means you have posted in it, and a red flag means Spicoli has posted in it.

Opposite Lock
12-19-06, 07:51 PM
A flag with no dot means you haven't posted in it, a flag with a dot means you have posted in it, and a red flag means Spicoli has posted in it.

:laugh:

btw, welcome to OC apex, and thanks for hooking up the WRXforum photos. :thumbup: