PDA

View Full Version : More Cave-In Goodies - Gomer Loves Small Crowds

SurfaceUnits
12-19-06, 04:35 AM
Media Partner Sux:
Q) I've thought the teams that covered the IRL and Champ Car have both been awful for years! All my friends who are casual fans notice this year after year. From Todd Harris over-blowing Danica to Rusty Wallace always pointing out how NASCAR is better, the IRL broadcasts have hurt them more than help them. They need some REAL talent in the booth - even Scott Goodyear doesn't seem like he cares anymore. He has one or two phrases he trots out five or six times during a race, but there's no attempt at getting new fans into the details of the sport. Any chance we're going to see some good changes in the booth?

Emmo Caused the Split:
I absolutely agree that Emerson Fittipaldi drinking orange juice in victory was a defining moment in Indy-car history. Go back and look at the photos of it and look at expression on Tony George's face.

Gomer Loves Small Crowds:
One other comment: although it’s not the best for business, it’s so nice to go to an IRL race and not have to fight large crowds, lots of traffic, etc. You couldn't pay me to go to the Daytona 500 and put up with that crowd. When it comes to events, I think smaller is a lot better.

Cave-In's best Answer to Date:
Answer: I think you’re living in fantasyland, not Peoria.

Vi$ion$ & AGR to Supply 60% of 5hunnert Field
Question: I've heard that AGR might run six cars at Indy in 2007

Surprise - Gomers Love Sarah:
I think the IRL and IMS could promote Sarah Fisher if they really tried.
what can the fans do to help get Sarah Fisher in a car? Who's got the popularity locked up, Sarah or Danica?

For Cave-In's Answers: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/SPORTS0105/51010005

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
To the man who saved the American Open Wheel Oval Tradition: Orlando - New Hampshire - Atlanta - Nazareth - East St. Louis - Denver - Phoenix - California - Michigan - Vegas

pchall
12-19-06, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=SurfaceUnits;180629]

For Cave-In's Answers: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/SPORTS0105/51010005

Well, that was about as fun as trying to canoe the White River during the July Indiana heat. The stench is palpable and there are gomers floating belly up everywhere.

Spicoli
12-19-06, 09:31 AM
I always get a kick out of Cave-ins dribbling drivel.

Its not about Indy anymore, its about keeping fTG happy so you can get a ll the free "stuff".

wonder what year corvette will be the pac e car this year.:shakehead

DagoFast
12-19-06, 09:48 AM
Answer: I’m sorry to say I don’t have a good choice for play-by-play. I’d recommend Gerry Gerould be brought back in the mix, and I’ve always supported Vince Welch. As for analysts, Cheever would be the best and Robbie Buhl has developed nicely. But neither seems interested in the job at this point. As for the others, they wouldn’t stay in the script set forth by TG and the IRL. Me included. In my opinion, you have to speak the truth as you see it to have the support of the viewers (or readers).

LOL! He just wrote one of his best answers ever. He manages to call cheeber and Buhl paid shills, publically acknowledge FTG and the earl "script" everything and tacitly admit his checks stopped coming from them all in that one paragraph.

Nice work Curt! :rofl:

G.
12-19-06, 01:40 PM
LOL! He just wrote one of his best answers ever. He manages to call cheeber and Buhl paid shills, publically acknowledge FTG and the earl "script" everything and tacitly admit his checks stopped coming from them all in that one paragraph.

Nice work Curt! :rofl::thumbup: :thumbup: :rofl:

Chief
12-19-06, 02:41 PM
Emmo Caused the Split:
I absolutely agree that Emerson Fittipaldi drinking orange juice in victory was a defining moment in Indy-car history. Go back and look at the photos of it and look at expression on Tony George's face.

The irony is too much here.....an 8oz. glass of Orange Juice launched a cataclysmic series of events that triggered doomsday for the Indy 500 and open wheel. Wow, the emotionally fragile Tony George took this as a threat? Now he kneels to service Penske, Honda and all the yen-picked CART traitors for survival of his VISION. What an *******.

SurfaceUnits
12-19-06, 02:50 PM
We may need to come up with a new pet name for ole Curt. He's moving off the reservation a bit, into a FEMA trailer, possibly.

Napoleon
12-19-06, 05:25 PM
Well, that was about as fun as trying to canoe the White River during the July Indiana heat. The stench is palpable and there are gomers floating belly up everywhere.

:rofl:

SurfaceUnits
12-19-06, 11:53 PM
Check out this ID10T from gomer central:

Originally Posted by star_951
Did anybody here actually read the announcement?

He dreams up his own wild azzed assumptions:
I actually doubt that Stoddart is committing anything to champ car - other than the Minardi name.
In my opinion this looks like a completely hollow transaction, intended to garner a bit of publicity for the series and link it to Formula 1.

Turns it into fact
In fact, I'm betting Stoddart was actually given some ownership in exchange for the name and this publicity.

and lets it control his life
It's exactly the kind of thing that destroys Champ Car's relevance in my mind. :shakehead

Hameroids
12-22-06, 12:34 PM
It's exactly the kind of thing that destroys Champ Car's relevance in my mind.

http://www.geocities.com/steven_siebert/homer-brain.jpg