PDA

View Full Version : Picasa

TravelGal
12-18-06, 02:22 AM
The last time I knew of this program was long before Google bought it. Now I've just seen a pretty impressive colelction so I looked into it again. Seems pretty idiot proof. A definite plus for me. I like the ability to have extremely long labels. I like the ability to put the same picture in difference folders. I like the ability to rearrange things after you've put them up.

I don't like that it is associated with Google. I use it all the time for a search engine but, like Microsoft, I resist its attempts to take over my computer or that of my friends.

Anyone have any comment yea or nay? I'm still "auditioning" photo hosting options.

Thanks.

ChampcarShark
12-18-06, 12:17 PM
Seems like a good product.

Since I do not deal a lot with pictures this works fine with me.

Me too try to stay away form M$oft products

Gangrel
12-18-06, 12:59 PM
Ahh...but can it handle RAW images? If not, it won't be very helpful for us DSLR users... ;)

TravelGal
12-18-06, 02:47 PM
:tony: Uh, is this what you mean?

Movies: avi, mpg, wmv, asf, mov (QuickTime)
RAW data files, including cameras from Canon, Nikon, Kodak, Minolta and Pentax.

Honestly, they seem to have thought of just about everything. I don't take movies now but maybe I will. My camera can do, it's just that I can't. :)

Gangrel
12-18-06, 11:18 PM
Yeah, that covers it....I've already shelled out for Photoshop, so won't be changing over, but good to know other options...