PDA

View Full Version : Who gets Fox Sports Espanol?

rabbit
04-23-03, 12:50 PM
We'll need you in the chat room on race day to keep the rest of us up to speed.

pchall
04-23-03, 01:38 PM
Damned straight. I've been thinking of posting about this before Brands Hatch so we can have some good descriptions during the Monday 5/5 morning chat while we look at T&S and listen to whatever audio CART provides.

JoeBob
04-23-03, 03:35 PM
Fox Sports Espanol is available as part of the Spanish Language package for DirecTV and DISH network, so subscribers to those services could get it.

You might even be able to add the service before the race, and drop the service after the race. I don't know how much it would cost to pull off such a feat, but it could be done. (I'll be on vacation that week anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.)

rabbit
04-23-03, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
Fox Sports Espanol is available as part of the Spanish Language package for DirecTV and DISH network, so subscribers to those services could get it.

You might even be able to add the service before the race, and drop the service after the race. I don't know how much it would cost to pull off such a feat, but it could be done. (I'll be on vacation that week anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.) I called 1-800-DIRECTV the other day. They said you have to have a multi-set receiver (which I don't) to get the Spanish language pkg. :( I don't imagine the cost would be prohibitive, though.

JoeBob
04-23-03, 03:50 PM
Tell them you really, really want it, and say something about switching to cable. (Tell them that the cable company is going to offer something similar, but without having to buy extra equipment.) They should transfer you over to the customer retention department. (Or you can be gutsy, and just ask for customer retention.)

From what I understand, Customer Retention will set you up for a new multi-sat dish for the cost of shipping. (About 15 bucks.)