PDA

View Full Version : NASCAB Down Under

NismoZ
12-10-06, 10:13 PM
Whoa, what a finale in V-8s. Kelly ("the little bugger") knocks Lowndes in the Triple 8 out of the way on lap three and recovers from his penalty to win the title as the Ford driver can't overcome the resulting crash damage. So Ford files a protest. Result due in soon. I think a change in the points system is coming as Lowndes won 5 races, Champion R. Kelly...none.:(

Tony George
12-11-06, 12:40 AM
Whoa, what a finale in V-8s. Kelly ("the little bugger") knocks Lowndes in the Triple 8 out of the way on lap three and recovers from his penalty to win the title as the Ford driver can't overcome the resulting crash damage. So Ford files a protest. Result due in soon. I think a change in the points system is coming as Lowndes won 5 races, Champion R. Kelly...none.:(

I didn't know he could also drive! :D

http://www.tvsquad.com/images/2005/08/r_kelly.jpg

emjaya
12-11-06, 08:38 AM
Lowndes can feel a little grieved, but I thought it was just a case of the three cars all going into the corner a little hot and Lowndes getting the worst of it.If it had happened in round one, nobody would be talking about it.

I think Rick Kelly did have one (one :rolleyes:) race win this year.There is a change in the points system next year, again, one that will reward race winners, supposedly.

Anyway the verdict is in, he wins the Championship, but what a way to do it.

Kelly is always going to be thought of as the Champion that didn't deserve the title.Lowndes had him covered all weekend despite Kelly and his three team mates best efforts.

Rick Kelly will be the name in the record books though. :shakehead

NismoZ
12-11-06, 08:45 AM
Agreed. Hard to beat the drama of tied in points, last of 33 races and starting side by side but it would be nice to see guys rewarded more for actually winning races. And what's all this about a TV war surrounding V-8s and the CC race at Surfers?? Hate to think what that does to the gate if the V-8s don't race that weekend!

emjaya
12-11-06, 08:54 AM
Short answer:bare boobs = big crowds. :D

NismoZ
12-11-06, 12:57 PM
PS-I referred to the Aussie V-8s as "NASCAB down Under" only in reference to the incident, protest and controversy, nothing else. That's the kind of coup/sedan road racing I'd like to see on a larger scale here. Those pit stops are a site to behold and I can't wait to see the season on SPEEDTV replays this winter. They ARE going to be broadcast, aren't they?