PDA

View Full Version : Heeee's Baaaaaacccck.

devilmaster
12-04-06, 06:51 PM
*sigh* :shakehead

Former Flyers GM Clarke returns to organization as VP
December 4, 2006

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Bob Clarke returned to the Philadelphia Flyers as a senior vice president Monday, more than six weeks after he quit as the team's general manager because of burnout.

"Bob's experience as a player and general manager over the last 37 years is invaluable," Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AvIS2KJMKXoScaVeW0Fn4Hc5nYcB?slug=ap-flyers-clarke&prov=ap&type=lgns

Dr. Corkski
12-04-06, 07:08 PM
Ed Snider = White Charles Wang.

No wait, the Islanders are actually good right now. :laugh:

TKGAngel
12-04-06, 08:35 PM
The man's like a cockroach - he won't go away.

If the new regime can't pull the Flyers out of the basement, what makes them think that bringing BC back will.

dando
12-04-06, 09:15 PM
*sigh* :shakehead

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AvIS2KJMKXoScaVeW0Fn4Hc5nYcB?slug=ap-flyers-clarke&prov=ap&type=lgns

:cry:

The Phlyers are dead to me. Bring back the era of the Crazy 8s and the Legion of Doom. :gomer:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
12-04-06, 09:21 PM
:cry:

The Phlyers are dead to me. Bring back the era of the Crazy 8s and the Legion of Doom. :gomer:

-KevinHow's the CBJ bandwagon working out for you? :p

dando
12-04-06, 10:55 PM
How's the CBJ bandwagon working out for you? :p
*sigh*

Well, normal peeps don't consider supporting the local team jumping on a bandwagon. However, your mileage may vary, and obviously does. :saywhat: I try to be pragmatic in my view of 'my' teams, which is obviously the opposite of your viewpoint. *shrug*

re: the CBJs, they've obviously have issues on O. Hitch is a good addition, but perhaps a season late. Douger Mac is pretty much Booby Clarke re-incarnate, haunting me until my demise or the day he gets fired. A number of hockey pubs, etc. bought into the CBJs being a playoff-caliber team this season, but it hasn't worked out thus far. C'est la vie!

-Kevin

EDIT: I forgot to add that 6 seasons as a season ticket holder doesn't a bandwagon fan make....and any fan that would subject themselves to 6 seasons of what we've seen on the ice should be nominated for some kind of a Nobel Prize. :\ Thankfully they now have ladies scooping up the ice chips during stoppages. :gomer:

Tifosi24
12-05-06, 01:45 AM
Speaking of the Blue Jackets, I think hell is freezing over because the Rich has more assists than goals.

dando
12-05-06, 05:16 PM
Speaking of the Blue Jackets, I think hell is freezing over because the Rich has more assists than goals.

No, he's in a horrible drought....as is most of their O. Hell freezes over when we make the playoffs. :gomer: Hitch is trying to make him a 2-way player like he did w/Madonna in Big D. We're seeing flashes of what the team can be with a good system in place, but they've got to be more consistent. They've got solid play in G, but they've got to do better than 2 GFs/game. :\

-Kevin