PDA

View Full Version : Little Emma Camille...

NismoZ
12-04-06, 02:38 PM
Bourdais. Dec. 2nd, 6 lbs. 3 oz. Claire and Emma doing fine! Awwww...off season family planning! Turned off the traction control.:thumbup:

TKGAngel
12-04-06, 04:54 PM
Aww. So SeaBass had a SheBass. :)

All kidding aside, congrats to the family.

RHR_Fan
12-04-06, 10:20 PM
Aww. So SeaBass had a SheBass. :)

That's just excellent. ;)

Tim
12-04-06, 10:49 PM
Sebastien will still cry more than her.

TravelGal
12-04-06, 11:51 PM
But it really is a beautiful name. I wish them much happiness (and at least some sleep). :)

Joelski
12-05-06, 03:59 AM
But it really is a beautiful name. I wish them much happiness (and at least some sleep). :)

Yeah, two killer hurricanes.

GOFAST1
12-05-06, 12:59 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

robot9000
12-05-06, 07:21 PM
Congrats !!

Methanolandbrats
12-05-06, 09:02 PM
If the kid is his, I guess Sebastian does have nuts.....from the way he whines I was'nt sure.

TravelGal
12-06-06, 02:00 AM
Yeah, two killer hurricanes.

At least they didn't name her Wilma Katrina.

edit: Hey, wait a minute. Which hurricane was Emma? I remember Camille but not Emma. Maybe Emily...... Wow, talk about OFF TOPIC. LOL!

pchall
12-06-06, 01:50 PM

I'll second that. I got about an hour and a half a night tops for the first year. The worse half just rolled over and went back to sleep.

And I didn't even get a nomination for Dad of the Year.

devilmaster
12-06-06, 02:13 PM
word has it that the kid has already said its first word....

When the baby first came out, it was held upside down and smacked on the rear.

'Twacy?'

Jox
12-06-06, 06:18 PM
Congratulations, C-Bass. Way to blast off a C-Shot.

Anteater
12-06-06, 06:48 PM
Congrats to the Bourdais family--that baby should be fast, whether she takes after her leadfoot daddy or her track-star mom! :)

Sean O'Gorman
12-06-06, 08:20 PM
A little off-topic here, but personally, I just can't possibly grasp accepting the risks that come with racing 200 mph in a race car if I knew that if something went wrong, I'd be leaving a kid behind with no father.

But congrats to Bourdais. :)

Lux Interior
12-06-06, 10:37 PM
I heard she's a spitting image of PT. :D

Tony George
12-07-06, 12:22 AM
A little off-topic here, but personally, I just can't possibly grasp accepting the risks that come with racing 200 mph in a race car if I knew that if something went wrong, I'd be leaving a kid behind with no father.

:cry: There are many other professions that are actually more dangerous.

jonovision_man
12-07-06, 07:58 AM

Name one.

Soldier stationed in Iraq, maybe.

jono

chop456
12-07-06, 08:15 AM
Name one.

Soldier stationed in Iraq, maybe.

jono

Crab Fisherman
Underwater Welder/Inspector
Construction Worker/High Iron
Coal Miner
Being Married to Mari Hulman

TKGAngel
12-07-06, 09:17 AM

True, but while there's more risk on the track, life outside the track has its fair share of risks. You can't be a thrillseeker in one part of your life, and a nervous nelly in another part.

:D

jonovision_man
12-07-06, 10:13 AM
Crab Fisherman
Coal Miner

There are more deaths in all of those professions overall, but far far far fewer participants, making the death rate far lower than race car drivers.

Just to give some perspective:
http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/26/pf/jobs_jeopardy/

The highest rates of fatal injuries -- the most per worker employed -- occurred among loggers, pilots, and fishermen.

Loggers recorded 85 fatalities in 2004, a rate of 92.4 deaths for every 100,000 workers, more than 22 times the rate among all workers.

Aircraft pilots matched that death rate of 92.4

92.4 deaths per 100,000 is a rate of about 1 per 1000.

Now think of the last 1000 drivers to sit in a Champcar... (are there that many? I don't know...) In any case you don't even have to get past about 100 before you hit several deaths.

It's still absurdly dangerous compared to anything normal civilians do.

No comment. :)

jono

TravelGal
12-07-06, 12:31 PM
Crab Fisherman
Coal Miner

There are more deaths in all of those professions overall, but far far far fewer participants, making the death rate far lower than race car drivers.

Just to give some perspective:
http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/26/pf/jobs_jeopardy/

It's still absurdly dangerous compared to anything normal civilians do.

jono

:eek: This thread is amazing to me. I mean it. Every member of my father's family was a "contruction worker/high iron" except for my cousin who made additional $$$ by undersea welding.

Honest to gosh, I knew it was dangerous work but this thread has really surprised me.

chop456
12-07-06, 12:55 PM
Now think of the last 1000 drivers to sit in a Champcar... (are there that many? I don't know...) In any case you don't even have to get past about 100 before you hit several deaths.

You're dividing into subsets by saying ChampCar only. To divide the fishing/fishery the same way, take Alaskan Crab fisherman. Mike Rowe was on the radio the other day talking about the statistics of one crab season, which IIRC was 6 weeks. There are an average of 6 deaths and the injury rate is 100%.

Sean O'Gorman
12-07-06, 01:51 PM

The difference is, dangerous jobs such as constructor worker or coal miner are jobs you do to put food on the table. A "job" like race car driving you do because its *****ing awesome.

Andrew Longman
12-07-06, 02:15 PM

As a father I think a lot about what would happen to my kids without me, but I don't wrap myself in bubblewrap either.

SB risks leaving behind a fatherless son, but all of us, if we are lucky, will not outlive our kids.

What's most important is what we do for our kids while we are around, and I think having a father who is a successful race driver would be pretty cool. And I think it would provide a good role model for many of life's lessons. And, if you're SB, it pays pretty well... so I could afford really good life insurance.

jonovision_man
12-07-06, 04:01 PM
You're dividing into subsets by saying ChampCar only.

Sure, but we were talking about Bourdais... that's the series he races in, so it's the thing to consider.

To divide the fishing/fishery the same way, take Alaskan Crab fisherman. Mike Rowe was on the radio the other day talking about the statistics of one crab season, which IIRC was 6 weeks. There are an average of 6 deaths and the injury rate is 100%.

Fair enough:
http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/13/pf/dangerousjobs/

"No wonder the Alaskan shellfish industry averaged 400 fatalities per 100,000 workers during the 1990s."

That's 1 in every 250 participants dying each year. That's a little closer to what I get with professional race car drivers in OW cars. We have 18 people on the ChampCar grid, but for argument's sake let's say 25 consider themselves ChampCar drivers as their profession in a given year. At 1 in 250, we'd expect a death every 10 years. Based on the very small sample we have, I do believe we're above that.

Of course, more attention is being paid to improving the safety in race cars compared to Alaskan crab fishermen... :) So it's getting safer all the time. Still very dangerous, though.

jono

doppelganger
12-07-06, 05:38 PM
Congratulations to the new parents.

I can see why some of you don't have jobs writing verses for greeting cards. ;)

TravelGal
12-07-06, 06:01 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

jonovision_man
12-07-06, 08:06 PM

:thumbup: :D :rofl:

jono