PDA

View Full Version : RM on PKV

NismoZ
12-04-06, 12:06 PM
The Man says Neel Jani and Clivio Piccione are likely to be the 2 guys at PKV next season. I'm aware of Jani's background but Clivio has had one GP2 victory (Germany) 2 years ago and not much else. Maybe he's bringing a big "entry fee"? So, Kate to...?

Ziggy
12-04-06, 12:11 PM
She is going to one of the other teams KK helps to fund. A start up from Atlantics

polesmoker or something like that

spinner26
12-04-06, 12:18 PM
I heard she and Sarah had a go kart deal lined up?:gomer:

Spicoli
12-04-06, 12:20 PM
I heard she and Sarah had a go kart deal lined up?:gomer:

something like that. Well, at least Sarah meatball Fisher O'Gara is blathering on about it. "I'm soooo sorry" :cry:

If those 2 are at pkv-p then where goes Blinky, Baltimore Oriol, Katie, etc etc etc.

Does pkv-p likely get the Red Bull $$$

so many questions....:p

Bob_S.
12-04-06, 12:29 PM
Just a guess, mind you.

Blinky- Cabana boy in Miami or off to Nascar/Hooters Pro Cup. :gomer:
Oreo- Maybe Coyne, maybe he'll be the 2007 winner of the Mario Haberfield Loyalty Award and get dumped.:irked:
Kate(the kewl folks call her Kah or just K)- Lets see, still a newb, still shows brief flashes of being in the right place. I figure she goes to PSM or whoever. May as well throw her in the deep end again at a new team.:rolleyes:

extramundane
12-04-06, 12:54 PM
The Man says Neel Jani and Clivio Piccione are likely to be the 2 guys at PKV next season. I'm aware of Jani's background but Clivio has had one GP2 victory (Germany) 2 years ago and not much else. Maybe he's bringing a big "entry fee"? So, Kate to...?

Well, if the beach volleyball don't get 'em, Clivio Piccione certainly will.

You'll pardon me if my knees don't buckle from the excitement.

Spicoli
12-04-06, 01:11 PM
Hey, I dunno who this guy is, but he was born and bred in monaco.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

http://www.cliviopiccione.com/index-uk.html

plus there is some cool euro-trash keep-the-models-dancing disco soundtrack on there.

He'll fot right in. :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
12-04-06, 01:51 PM
I'm all for putting the most talent in the seat and I understand the need to have something that has any business sense, but I would expect KK of all people to try to keep some stability in terms of drivers and teams.

At some point there are too many new faces for fans to keep up with and they are disappointed when too many familiar faces are gone.

Most of the problems last year rest squarely on the team, not the drivers. Towards the end it seemed they were getting it sorted a bit. What has KK done to continue that progress?

extramundane
12-04-06, 02:16 PM
Most of the problems last year rest squarely on the team, not the drivers. Towards the end it seemed they were getting it sorted a bit. What has KK done to continue that progress?

PKV's performance suggests to me that Kalkhoven knows a lot about running a profitable business and very little about running a race team.

NismoZ
12-04-06, 02:28 PM
Give me a break. He runs a race SERIES and writes checks and delegates and I think he is doing just fine. Along the way he has helped several teams , owners and drivers. I see nothing wrong with taking one guy on a team that might help foot the bill for the other. Sure, he's a competitor that's why he's so freeking rich, but I don't think he's going to put his team before the series. We've seen that! He's not hiding the fact that Kah, K or whoever is going somewhere else OR that he wants Eurobucks involved, OR that the series is on the right track, moving forward and still a work in progress. Unlike the Gross Rexman controversy I'm not ready for a "Dump KK" movement yet! CC, China and Beyond!!:thumbup: ;)

Bob_S.
12-04-06, 03:43 PM
Who said anything about dumping Daddy Warbucks?:p
PKV was in a freefall for most of last year, shedding key personnel within the team. The problem becomes how much the team (KV, K, Redbull, whatever) re-invents itself for next season.

Dr. Corkski
12-04-06, 03:59 PM
So whatever happened to the excuse of getting Danica II in the seat to get used to the team's engineers? How many more fake excuses do we have to run through before people finally admit Kalkhoven was thinking with his dick when he picked her over more qualified drivers? :laugh:

extramundane
12-04-06, 04:02 PM
Give me a break. He runs a race SERIES and writes checks and delegates and I think he is doing just fine. Along the way he has helped several teams , owners and drivers. I see nothing wrong with taking one guy on a team that might help foot the bill for the other. Sure, he's a competitor that's why he's so freeking rich, but I don't think he's going to put his team before the series. We've seen that! He's not hiding the fact that Kah, K or whoever is going somewhere else OR that he wants Eurobucks involved, OR that the series is on the right track, moving forward and still a work in progress. Unlike the Gross Rexman controversy I'm not ready for a "Dump KK" movement yet! CC, China and Beyond!!:thumbup: ;)

http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/4894/jumptoconclusions2xk.jpg

Spicoli
12-04-06, 04:20 PM
So whatever happened to the excuse of getting Danica II in the seat to get used to the team's engineers? How many more fake excuses do we have to run through before people finally admit Kalkhoven was thinking with his dick when he picked her over more qualified drivers? :laugh:

Wow.

And you wonder why everyone thinks you are a dick Dr. Dorkski. :shakehead

If you hate all of CC (with the exception for FreFu and the NewmanHaasCheatski ) then why do you even post here?

Gettin old son....:\

NismoZ
12-04-06, 04:31 PM
Nah, more like heading off conclusions and REALLY, there is no doubt Katheryn Legge was hired by Kevin Kalkhoven over the objections of others because they thought they could get someone faster, but for the moment KK thought she'd be BETTER...for the series. I believe it. She may not be at PKV in '07 but he has indicated she will be in ChampCar. Good for him. Sometimes that "thinking with his dick" thing is funny, like when talking about my brother, but not this time.

Dr. Corkski
12-04-06, 05:02 PM
Nah, more like heading off conclusions and REALLY, there is no doubt Katheryn Legge was hired by Kevin Kalkhoven over the objections of others because they thought they could get someone faster, but for the moment KK thought she'd be BETTER...for the series. I believe it. She may not be at PKV in '07 but he has indicated she will be in ChampCar. Good for him. Sometimes that "thinking with his dick" thing is funny, like when talking about my brother, but not this time.Which just proves extramundane's point. :tony:

NismoZ
12-04-06, 05:18 PM
Sounds like that conclusion YOU just jumped to is exactly the kind I was thinking about. Thanks for the illustration. I just think you are WAY wrong, that's all. Wouldn't be the first time I've jumped to THAT conclusion!:D

coolhand
12-04-06, 05:20 PM
Champ car world series featuring Eurotrash rejects.

I am feeling like some of the IRListas arguments are coming to fruition on the driver front.

Dr. Corkski
12-04-06, 05:25 PM
His race team still sucks. :gomer:

grungex
12-04-06, 06:45 PM
Wow.

And you wonder why everyone thinks you are a dick Dr. Dorkski. :shakehead

If you hate all of CC (with the exception for FreFu and the NewmanHaasCheatski ) then why do you even post here?

Gettin old son....:\

Spicoli
12-04-06, 11:03 PM
:clap clap clap:

coolhand
12-05-06, 12:34 AM
NHR fans are not CC fans? :\

scorpion
12-05-06, 01:00 AM
I can gaurantee you're not.

coolhand
12-05-06, 01:49 AM
I can gaurantee you're not.

You don't have to, I am not a NHR fan. I just enjoy them kicking FCRs ass.

Easy
12-05-06, 10:49 AM
Criticism of King Kevin will not be tolerated. He,,, saved,,, us,,,

extramundane
12-05-06, 12:39 PM
All PKV's problems can be solved if they bring back Patrick Lemarie.

coolhand
12-05-06, 12:47 PM

Very True :thumbup: And Craig Pollack

Easy
12-05-06, 04:33 PM

:rofl:

He will probably be keeping Jax's truck seat warm when Newtown heads off to Montreal for the Busch race.

pkvracing12
12-05-06, 04:56 PM

Its a jump to conclusions map good idea isn't it? samir and micheal no horrible idea:) ummmmmmmmmm yeah

FCYTravis
12-06-06, 04:16 AM
I want the old PKV Eurowhite (h/t to a.nut) Optima/Scientific Atlanta scheme back while we're at it. :rofl:

theunions
12-06-06, 04:57 AM
I want the old PKV Eurowhite (h/t to a.nut) Optima/Scientific Atlanta scheme back while we're at it. :rofl:

With or without the flames? :tony:

pchall
12-06-06, 02:22 PM
Anyone care to give the guy a break?

Piccione seems to have arrived at a time when Durango started to suck more than usual.

BTW, check out the career of Alexander duLarge -- the only fastest and greatest Durango driver -- ever

http://www.filmhai.de/kino/kinoplakat/bilder_0009/uhrwerk_orange/gallery1/uhrwerk_orange_002.jpg

datachicane
12-06-06, 03:01 PM
Nice ride that, me starry droog.

stroker
12-06-06, 05:42 PM
Made all the little hairs on my plott stand endwise, it did...

Off for to the moloko bar, for me then, droogs

RARules
12-07-06, 07:54 PM
What a confluence of A Clockwork Orange fans! Weird! I wonder what other odd things OffCamber (or ChampCar in general) folks might have in common?

That was a "Durango 95" as I recall...

And most people don't even get the point of the movie! (no, it's not cars nor even the "ultra-violence", for the younger of you out there)

stroker
12-07-06, 11:45 PM
I saw that car for sale in the classifieds of Road & Track once (about 20 years ago). Hideous mofo from the side. But how cool would it be to go play "hogs of the road" before a bit of the old "in/out, in/out"?

RARules
12-10-06, 10:37 PM
OK, real trivia question. On the DVD of the movie THX1138, they say that the escape car was a real race car with different bodywork to make it look futuristic. I noted in the credits a mention of "Fiber Fab" - a fiberglas kit car outfit. Makes sense, but would it would seem like a large cash outlay to make (enlisting a real race car and do custom fiberglass on it - only to probably damage it significantly) on such a low-budget film.

So, does anyone know what they used for the car? Was it a real race car, or were they blowing smoke when they said that?

In the race, THX11383 (or the stunt guy, really) did snap the car around 180 degrees from a stop at one point by spinning the tires pretty well, lending some credence to the claim.

BTW, at almost the very end, when the motorcycle riding robot crashes into THX's car, the stunt went bad, and that's the stunt guy actually crashing into the car. Luckily he wasn't seriously injured in the midhap. And they caught a good sequence on film, too.

Peter Olivola
12-10-06, 11:14 PM
IIRC it was a Lola T-70.

OK, real trivia question. On the DVD of the movie THX1138, they say that the escape car was a real race car with different bodywork to make it look futuristic. I noted in the credits a mention of "Fiber Fab" - a fiberglas kit car outfit. Makes sense, but would it would seem like a large cash outlay to make (enlisting a real race car and do custom fiberglass on it - only to probably damage it significantly) on such a low-budget film.

So, does anyone know what they used for the car? Was it a real race car, or were they blowing smoke when they said that?

In the race, THX11383 (or the stunt guy, really) did snap the car around 180 degrees from a stop at one point by spinning the tires pretty well, lending some credence to the claim.

BTW, at almost the very end, when the motorcycle riding robot crashes into THX's car, the stunt went bad, and that's the stunt guy actually crashing into the car. Luckily he wasn't seriously injured in the midhap. And they caught a good sequence on film, too.

stroker
12-11-06, 12:53 AM
IIRC it was a Lola T-70.

Yup--that's what I remember, too. That BBC really lit 'em up.

The police bikes were TR-3 Yamahas, I believe.

pferrf1
12-13-06, 01:48 PM

Perhaps there is a reason to bring an Italian driver into the series? Some proposed race somewhere?

NismoZ
12-13-06, 03:26 PM
Greece...Athens? That's pretty close.:)

ferrarigod
12-13-06, 03:37 PM

KK invented the pet rock?

:laugh:

Andrew Longman
12-13-06, 04:36 PM
Greece...Athens? That's pretty close.:)

My wife is Greek. When we were dating her father thought I was English or (worse) German. I told him my Mom was Italian. Worked for him. 20 year later he still doesn't know she is 1/4 Italian:D

NismoZ
12-13-06, 06:24 PM
See?...easy jump!