i hope so.

UF needs to blow out arKansas as well.

Go Gators! OSU/UF in Glendale:p

Stu
12-02-06, 12:25 AM
i hope so.

UF needs to blow out arKansas as well.

Go Gators! OSU/UF in Glendale:p

Why would anyone want to watch a BCS title game finish with OSU winning 70-0?

coolhand
12-02-06, 12:46 AM
I don't think UCLA's offense will get started this game.

Ronbo
12-02-06, 12:51 AM
UCLA Plays the spoiler and ruins SC's title hope's

UCLA wins 24-21. :D

What are you smoking?

Don't think so.

usc will smoke ucla.

Now wil the bcs allow usc to play os?

ferrarigod
12-02-06, 02:17 PM
Why would anyone want to watch a BCS title game finish with OSU winning 70-0?

cause everyone enjoyed the 1996 fiesta bowl that much!!!

on a side note, i think ucla's jersey's are pretty.

devilmaster
12-02-06, 03:05 PM
Huh? Game of the week is ucla/usc?

Sorry can't agree. ;)

In a little bit, they start the grand-daddy of them all.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a0/Army-navygame.png/250px-Army-navygame.png

ferrarigod
12-02-06, 04:52 PM
Huh? Game of the week is ucla/usc?

Sorry can't agree. ;)

In a little bit, they start the grand-daddy of them all.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a0/Army-navygame.png/250px-Army-navygame.png

:shakehead

sorry, notre dame owns the armed forces. only the coast guard got out alive:laugh:

devilmaster
12-02-06, 06:54 PM
Hmm.

I type this - ;)

You type this - :shakehead

Yer a effin moron.

Anyways, WTG middies! :thumbup:

JoeBob
12-02-06, 07:18 PM
There may be games with better play than Army/Navy. There isn't a game with more heart and soul than Army/Navy.

ferrarigod
12-02-06, 07:36 PM
There may be games with better play than Army/Navy. There isn't a game with more heart and soul than Army/Navy.

is that what michigan fans say after they lose?

:p

devilmaster
12-02-06, 07:41 PM
is that what michigan fans say after they lose?

:p

Wiggum: No, no. Dig UP stupid.

rabbit
12-02-06, 08:03 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ferrarigod
12-02-06, 08:26 PM

Then, the doctor told me that BOTH my eyes were lazy! And that's why it was the best summer ever.

:D

dando
12-02-06, 09:06 PM
What are you smoking?

Don't think so.

usc will smoke ucla.

No. :D Refer to scoreboard. :p

-Kevin

ferrarigod
12-02-06, 09:10 PM
No. :D Refer to scoreboard. :p

-Kevin

hahahahahaha

I guess this was the game of the year. USC gonna claim this national title? Or have they been exposed enough by unranked teams?

Any comments on you sucking Coach????
http://resized.filevend.com/anon/9SvKmUpZ.gif

spinner26
12-02-06, 09:10 PM
What are you smoking?

Don't think so.

usc will smoke ucla.

Mustard or Ketchup with that crow?

Spicoli
12-02-06, 09:15 PM
stupoid white trash wins!!!!!!!

rabbit
12-02-06, 09:22 PM
Well, I guess Fla/Arky is the GOTW now.

P.S.- How 'bout that final UCLA punt? He kicked the crap out of that ball!

ferrarigod
12-02-06, 09:53 PM
P.S.- How 'bout that final UCLA punt? He kicked the crap out of that ball!

Seriously. I posted that I noticed that punt on one of these websites that I'm gloating on.

I'm gonna find out how long that was, cause it seemed like a decade long.:thumbup:

Very impressive under pressure, and not fair catching it was a horrible call on the condom players side. he should have held that like nobodys business UCLA was just waiting for the clock to wind down.

rabbit
12-02-06, 09:54 PM
Seriously. I posted that I noticed that punt on one of these websites that I'm gloating on.

I'm gonna find out how long that was, cause it seemed like a decade long.:thumbup:

Very impressive under pressure, and not fair catching it was a horrible call on the condom players side. he should have held that like nobodys business UCLA was just waiting for the clock to wind down.

Musberger announced it as a 62-yarder.

formulaben
12-02-06, 10:09 PM
Great game. Great punt. So who's it gonna be, Michigan vs. Ohio State...again?

Stu
12-02-06, 11:23 PM

If its not, then the BCS furthers proves its a sham.

racermike
12-03-06, 12:02 AM

Cant be Michigan

Not fair to make Ohio State win 2 games vs. Michigan for national title, while Michigan only has to beat them once for national title. It would be a travesty to bring those two into title game together.

Lizzerd
12-03-06, 12:24 AM
:shakehead

sorry, notre dame owns the armed forces. only the coast guard got out alive:laugh:

Uh, is ND playing this week? I didn't think so. What's your ponnt? The thread topic is Game of the Week... last time I checked. UCLA vs. USC may be the game of the week, but Army vs. Navy is the game of the entire season for millions of servicemen/women and veterans, not to mention football fans in general.

ND may "own" them, but they are on the soft side of ND's schedule every year, too. Please remember that the football players at the service acadamies are not going to college to play football like they do in colleges like ND and the rest of the biggies. They are going to college to become leaders of the country (astronaut, admiral, CIA, President) and football is secondary to them.

Just MHO...

dando
12-03-06, 12:40 AM
Cant be Michigan

Not fair to make Ohio State win 2 games vs. Michigan for national title, while Michigan only has to beat them once for national title. It would be a travesty to bring those two into title game together.

Or another split champ could occur, thus further invalidating the BC$. Me thinks the voters will try to manipulate the human polls to avoid an OSU/UM rematch, making a further mockery of the current system. BC$ = :thumdown:

-Kevin

Lizzerd
12-03-06, 12:41 AM
Cant be Michigan

The BCS made the rules, and if UM ends up #2 after all the computer stuff and polls and whatever else they use, then so be it. It's the bed the rules makers made, so now they may have to deal with the rules they enacted and hopefully, refine them.

That said, I'd rather see a four game playoff system based on the BCS system using two of the BCS bowl games plus the final game the week after at the rotating selected site. That way, if OSU and UM both win against a #3 or #4 BCS team, then they should be entitled to a National Championship game.

formulaben
12-03-06, 01:07 AM
Cant be Michigan

Actually, fairness has nothing to do with it. The BCS formula dictates who plays them.

ferrarigod
12-03-06, 01:37 AM
Uh, is ND playing this week? I didn't think so. What's your ponnt? The thread topic is Game of the Week... last time I checked. UCLA vs. USC may be the game of the week, but Army vs. Navy is the game of the entire season for millions of servicemen/women and veterans, not to mention football fans in general.

ND may "own" them, but they are on the soft side of ND's schedule every year, too. Please remember that the football players at the service acadamies are not going to college to play football like they do in colleges like ND and the rest of the biggies. They are going to college to become leaders of the country (astronaut, admiral, CIA, President) and football is secondary to them.

Just MHO...

Last time I checked, I was given crap to post #7 which also did not reference the 'game of the week' as described in this thread.

Also, frankly I don't care what reason the guys are at the academy of the forces, they play football as well and they suck. If football is secondary then they should stop and focus that money elsewhere.

Reference post #7 then get back to me as to what subject I was on. Thanks.

coolhand
12-03-06, 03:24 AM
What a Mess............

We showed up with the typical Middle of the Road Pac-10 gameplan. :shakehead

I actually think the old system would be better for the National Championship picture this year.

coolhand
12-03-06, 03:26 AM
Last time I checked, I was given crap to post #7 which also did not reference the 'game of the week' as described in this thread.

Also, frankly I don't care what reason the guys are at the academy of the forces, they play football as well and they suck. If football is secondary then they should stop and focus that money elsewhere.

Reference post #7 then get back to me as to what subject I was on. Thanks.

:rolleyes:

formulaben
12-03-06, 03:30 AM
I actually think the old system would be better for the National Championship picture this year.

I've been thinking that for the last 5 years. The BCS didn't really solve anything, did it? I'm not so convinced the "old" system needed fixed. Unless you accept a playoff system, there is no solid cure. I like the history of the bowl games. I say go back to the old system. The heated debate is good for college football anyway.

ferrarigod
12-03-06, 06:09 AM
:rolleyes:

i have nothing to say, but usc lost.:p

Spicoli
12-03-06, 06:19 AM
i have nothing to say, but usc lost.:p:D :thumbup:

jcollins28
12-03-06, 02:21 PM
What a Mess............

We showed up with the typical Middle of the Road Pac-10 gameplan. :shakehead

No you got man handled by a great defensive game plan by the Bruins. Booty was getting knocked on his booty and Jarrett was locked up in coverage. Try giving some credit were it is due. I know it hurts by the Bruins took it do you. USC did not beat themselves with an average game plan. Although your response is what I would expect from the typical elitist arrogant SC fan.

formulaben
12-03-06, 02:45 PM
No you got man handled by a great defensive game plan by the Bruins. Booty was getting knocked on his booty and Jarrett was locked up in coverage. Try giving some credit were it is due. I know it hurts by the Bruins took it do you. USC did not beat themselves with an average game plan. Although your response is what I would expect from the typical elitist arrogant SC fan.

+1 :D *cough* *cough* *ahemBEAVERS* *cough*

coolhand
12-03-06, 03:13 PM

What exactly was that, our O-linemen jumping offsides for 70 yards of penalties?
Our coaches calling those 2 yard hitch passes that got blown up all year? Compare this to the Cal and Notre Dame game when you say a dozen balls thrown between 10-25 yards.

This takes nothing away from the Bruin's D, they made no mistakes and that is why we lost. We could not get any breaks with our poor offensive performance. If you told me before the game we would had held you guys to 13 points i would have taken it.

is dumpdorrell.com still up?

formulaben
12-03-06, 04:06 PM

Yup. http://dumpdorrell.com/

coolhand
12-03-06, 04:16 PM
I bet the same people who were singing his praises in 2005 giving him a 5 year extension. Then screaming for alumni to buy out that contract so they could get rid of him are now the ones talking smack again saying SC was out coached.

Ankf00
12-03-06, 04:31 PM
you mean how you get any time SC doesn't win?

jcollins28
12-03-06, 04:34 PM
What exactly was that, our O-linemen jumping offsides for 70 yards of penalties?
Our coaches calling those 2 yard hitch passes that got blown up all year? Compare this to the Cal and Notre Dame game when you say a dozen balls thrown between 10-25 yards.

This takes nothing away from the Bruin's D, they made no mistakes and that is why we lost. We could not get any breaks with our poor offensive performance. If you told me before the game we would had held you guys to 13 points i would have taken it.

LOL yeah and the reason why SC O line was jumping off sides was why? Could it have been because of UCLA's speedy D lineman that were blowing past SC slow fat O line? As for the 2 yard hitch SC tried to go for the deep ball and but UCLA did a flat fantastic job of locking up Jarrett all game. I bet he has not seen coverage like that all year.

As for Dorrell hey I have said all along I'm no fan of Dorrell and that has not changed. He is to timid and weak kneed IMHO. He seems like he would be more at home coaching a girls softball team rather then a D1 football program.

He tried his best to gift wrap that game yesterday and thank god that the defense stood up and came through. At the end of the first half I knew that gutless Dorrell would sit on the ball and try to wait out the half down by two. Well what did Pete and SC do. What any coach what do. Use their T/O and do their best to get the ball back and try to get something going before the half.

Thank god S/C was not able to pull anything off right there. That is but one example though of Dorrell's lack of killer instinct. You would think that after having N/D on the ropes and losing that game he would have learned something.

So if you are trying to pigeon hole me as some Karl Dorrell fan you have the wrong guy....

coolhand
12-03-06, 07:59 PM
http://dailybruin.com/news/articles.asp?id=39216

Westwood now Columbus East, or Morgantown?
http://dailybruin.com/images/2006/12/3/firephoto.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
12-03-06, 08:11 PM
"I just came up to see the bonfire. ... A bunch of people (started) yelling about being Tasered and then it started raining rubber bullets,"

:laugh:

Ankf00
12-04-06, 12:00 PM
:rofl:

this disproves the accepted correlation in the scientific community between jorts density per capita with respect to arson incidents.