PDA

View Full Version : The Flying Brick

NismoZ
12-01-06, 06:56 PM
Tony Stewart must know he's not on the Call List anymore. Describes the COT as ugly, like something out of the SCCA:D , and maybe the biggest disaster NASCOT has faced in a long time! Not sure why he thinks they'll look OK on the road courses but not the other 36 weeks of the season. Maybe because he thinks they look like front engined GA DPs?:D

Accipiter
12-02-06, 12:20 PM
Actually, it's hard to find a NASCAR driver who says good things about the CoT. I recently reaqd negative comments from Matt Kenseth and Jeff Gordon as well.

Accipiter
12-02-06, 12:30 PM
DRIVERS: COT IS U-G-L-Y Next year, NASCAR will begin its three-year phase-in of the so-called “Car of Tomorrow,” a significantly redesigned Nextel Cup race car that is supposed to be safer, more cost efficient and less aerodynamically sensitive than the cars currently being raced. But the project is still getting significant push-back from high profile teams and drivers and one reason is the car’s look. “I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of the Car of Tomorrow,” said four-time Cup champion Jeff Gordon. “I think there's some technology in there that's good. Certainly safety-wise, I think there's some things that I like. … The biggest issue I have with the car is it doesn't look like a race car. To me I think a Car of Tomorrow, I think of the ingenuity, technology, things we could have done to incorporate what NASCAR has wanted to do. We need to slow these cars down through the corners. That's why we have the big aero push. The splitter and the wing are good ideas. Make the car safer. That's great. But I think we could have done it by also making it look like the Car of Tomorrow, have some futuristic things in it that look cool. It doesn't have that.” Matt Kenseth, like Gordon a former series champ, is cool on the COT as well. “I drove it at Michigan in the test on that Monday and wasn’t very impressed by any of it really, so I need to work on it some more and see what’s going on,” said Kenseth. “It’s funny, you’re out here with a normal car that’s like a race car and then you catch one that looks like a school bus or something, it just looks really, really strange, so it’s going to take some getting used to looking at ’em.”

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/nascar/nextel/33455/

Andrew Longman
12-04-06, 09:12 AM
looks like a school bus or something:rofl:

Why is it taking 3 years to introduce this? Takes away any hoopla it could possibly create and adds a lot of costs for teams as it means even more chassis they have to build and develop. I must not understand something.

I doubt the CoT is going to do anything to reverse the gumpy bubbas. It looks less than ever like a stock car.

Also, something is odd in Nascarland when drivers are speaking so "freely".

Accipiter
12-05-06, 06:18 PM
:rofl:

Why is it taking 3 years to introduce this? Takes away any hoopla it could possibly create and adds a lot of costs for teams as it means even more chassis they have to build and develop. I must not understand something.

Supposedly you will be able to use the same CoT at all the tracks they run on instead of having to build individual chassis for each track. A major cost savings for the teams if true. We shall see.

NismoZ
12-05-06, 07:16 PM
Is it "be able to" or "have to"? Kinda like mandated savings. Doesn't mean a CoT will work equally well on all tracks. (?)

pchall
12-07-06, 02:01 PM
Son, that is not a stock car.

http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2006/COT/COTbodine3-27.jpg

Son, this is a goddamned stock car!

http://www.slotcars4u.net/darkside/future/15Jones69Torino.jpg

NASCAR CoT -- Racin' and Rubbin' for Chickenhawks

http://offthekuff.com/blog/misc/HenryChickenhawk.jpg

pchall
12-07-06, 02:09 PM
how'd double that one?

oddlycalm
12-07-06, 03:31 PM
They feel the need for a three year phase-in after announcing it years in advance? Is it just how ugly it is or were they worried it was radioactive or sumthin...? :confused: :gomer:

oc